Author Topic: Superbowl Sunday - Halftime antics and show  (Read 11907 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
I am not surprised that most things fly well over most Getbigger`s heads.

"Paper Planes" was written and produced by M.I.A. and Diplo with additional production by Switch. It was recorded at the artist's home in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn and in London where it includes kids from Brixton singing on the chorus; the song was one of the last written for Kala, recorded soon after she regained entry to the U.S..[3][4][5] The track stems slightly from M.I.A.'s family history and from M.I.A.'s own frustration at American government visits to her official website following the release of her debut album Arular in 2005, a refusal to grant her a work visa to record her second album in the US in 2006 despite several previous travels to the country before and after her debut album's release, coupled with her brief presence on the US Homeland Security Risk List in 2006 due to her politically charged lyrics.[6] M.I.A. has openly discussed the origin of the song, saying "I was thinking about living [in Bed-Stuy], waking up every morning—it’s such an African neighborhood. I was going to get patties at my local and just thinking that really the worst thing that anyone can say [to someone these days] is some shit like: ”What I wanna do is come and get your money.” People don’t really feel like immigrants or refugees contribute to culture in any way. That they’re just leeches that suck from whatever. So in the song I say "All I wanna do is [sound of gun shooting and reloading, cash register opening] and take your money." I did it in sound effects. It’s up to you how you want to interpret. America is so obsessed with money, I’m sure they’ll get it."[5]

She added that she felt that listeners could interpret the gunshots and cash register ringing in the song's chorus as coming from any gun-toter, telling an interviewer "You can either apply it on a street level and go, oh, you’re talking about somebody robbing you and saying I’m going to take your money. But, really, it could be a much bigger idea: someone’s selling you guns and making money. Selling weapons and the companies that manufacture guns — that’s probably the biggest moneymaker in the world."[4] Acknowledging that her heavily politicized lyrics in all of her compositions were "a bit of a jump for people", she told Carolyn E. Davis of MTV in April 2005 that not talking about her experiences would disqualify her as an artist, noting that "the other point I was making referencing the violence I had seen in Sri Lanka is, if we're going to invest so much money in creating wars around the world, that's quite a given thing. If you've seen somebody get shot and if you've seen a bomb go off, then you've given me total access to talk about it — because you've made that a part of my life. I didn't ask for nobody to bomb my school, but if they did, I would have the right to talk about it. And if people are uncomfortable, then they should think twice before they go off and hit random buildings."[8] M.I.A has expressed surprise at the song's wide commercial success, telling Rolling Stone in October 2008, "I always took pride in being a little underground — it really is a very unlikely record to cross over."[9]

you bitch, didn't know of MIA until the Super Bowl, and damn sure didn't know about a political movement.  Maybe you'll get stressed out searching for information on Google and have a seizure.  

i guess ms dynamite has a message too. ::)

sky02316

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
True Adonis having an Uberman-like meltdown  8)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
you bitch, didn't know of MIA until the Super Bowl, and damn sure didn't know about a political movement.  Maybe you'll get stressed out searching for information on Google and have a seizure.  

I just LOLed for real.  Thank you.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Anyone who doesn't believe in Symbolism after watching Madonna's half time show is seriously living in denial. The Hierarchy was drooling over what Madonna did last night.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
the only reason woman should open their mouths, is to be filled with cockk

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

i guess ms dynamite has a message too. ::)

Sorry to Disappoint, I was downloading her bootlegs off of napster since 1999.  I hope this helps.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
Anyone who doesn't believe in Symbolism after watching Madonna's half time show is seriously living in denial. The Hierarchy was drooling over what Madonna did last night.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I just LOLed for real.  Thank you.

Why would you lol?  If you search my post history I have posted many times about MIA throughout the years.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
Kelly Clarkson singing a very somber American National Anthem while dressed in all black was also very telling. Death of America as a move toward One World Government? Interesting enough, the day after the Super Bowl, talks have really started to ramp up with Israel-America/Iran...Hmmm

WAR IS PEACE!!!

Nails

• Getbig V
Speaking before the Super Bowl,

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Speaking before the Super Bowl,

Iran is about to join Iraq in the new Flintstones movie.  Are you going to man up Xerxes and fight for your people?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
US and Israel for the win!

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Why would you lol?  If you search my post history I have posted many times about MIA throughout the years.

It was the mental picture I got of you having a siezure that did it for me.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Madonna was/is heavy into cabalism.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
It was the mental picture I got of you having a siezure that did it for me.
I have never had one of those though.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
to be honest, I find the possibility of see Madonna's 50 year old snatch more offensive,,,, :-X

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
i am not offended by the gesture and cussing dont phase me ( i listen to old school rap)
what bothers me is the obvious ..let me do something during halftime to get people talking about me...yes it worked but still
getbig or getgot

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Well, nowhere near as disturbing and troublesome as the ball-slammin' tightrope guy.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

Wow wow wo....So her flipping the middle finger was her frustration at the American government???

Give me a fucking break!

Its a free country... she is welcome to leave anytime and go back to what ever shit hole she came from!  Nobody is stopping her?

But instead she would rather perform at the biggest Sport event in America and give the finger!

My ass....  I actually like the song paper planes a lot...  but sticking the middle finger on national TV is just retarded... and its not I'm against swearing or anything, I fucking curse all the time, but if you're going to be hired as a professional then act professional!

Nails

• Getbig V
Stupid Bitcch Prob didn't even bother or know how to read a contract

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/06/m-i-a-will-be-left-holding-the-bag-if-nbc-gets-fined/#.TzB62iP9glI

M.I.A. She'll Be Left Holding the Bag If NBC Gets Fined

M.I.A. will end up paying any fines imposed on NBC as a result of her finger wag during the Super Bowl halftime show ... sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ.

Our sources say ... the NFL has indemnified NBC ... because the NFL is responsible for the halftime content.

But the NFL was smart, given the history of performers who wanted to do something shocking to get attention during the biggest TV event of the year. So we're told ... M.I.A. signed a contract with the NFL for the halftime performance, and in that contract M.I.A. agreed to indemnify the NFL for any money it might be forced to pay if the FCC comes down on the Peacock Network.

Remember, CBS was hit with a $550,000 FCC fine after Janet Jackson's famous wardrobe malfunction, but that fine was thrown out by a federal appeals court.

Sources tell us ... aside from the fact that the NFL doesn't want to pay a huge fine, the organization wants to send a message to performers -- don't you dare screw with us.

We don't know if the NFL got a similar indemnity clause from Madonna.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Stupid Bitcch Prob didn't even bother or know how to read a contract

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/06/m-i-a-will-be-left-holding-the-bag-if-nbc-gets-fined/#.TzB62iP9glI

M.I.A. She'll Be Left Holding the Bag If NBC Gets Fined

M.I.A. will end up paying any fines imposed on NBC as a result of her finger wag during the Super Bowl halftime show ... sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ.

Our sources say ... the NFL has indemnified NBC ... because the NFL is responsible for the halftime content.

But the NFL was smart, given the history of performers who wanted to do something shocking to get attention during the biggest TV event of the year. So we're told ... M.I.A. signed a contract with the NFL for the halftime performance, and in that contract M.I.A. agreed to indemnify the NFL for any money it might be forced to pay if the FCC comes down on the Peacock Network.

Remember, CBS was hit with a $550,000 FCC fine after Janet Jackson's famous wardrobe malfunction, but that fine was thrown out by a federal appeals court.

Sources tell us ... aside from the fact that the NFL doesn't want to pay a huge fine, the organization wants to send a message to performers -- don't you dare screw with us.

We don't know if the NFL got a similar indemnity clause from Madonna.

HAHA!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
Re: Superbowl halftime hijinks. AMAZING
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2012, 06:54:55 PM »
really, they should inclide things in the contract like "if you flip the bird, cuss, or show your snatch, you get sude for $50 million.

unless it's planned of course.

I'm guessing Madonna paid her a little "attention whore" money to do what she did. Madonna has a CD coming out in March.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2012, 07:51:20 PM »
fans in all stadiums at every sporting event should start flipping off the camera and continue this great trend. keep this going!
A

MikMaq

« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2012, 07:56:31 PM »
fans in all stadiums at every sporting event should start flipping off the camera and continue this great trend. keep this going!
Post of the year.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2012, 07:56:48 PM »
I wish this MIA piss drinker would have performed in The Egypt soccer game a few weeks back,