Author Topic: NYPD Suicides  (Read 3559 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
NYPD Suicides
« on: February 14, 2012, 01:04:25 PM »
According to nydailynews, The New York Police Deparment has lost four offices to suicide in early 2012.
A veteran NYPD officer shot himself dead on Long Island Monday, Nassau County police said. Matthew Schindler, 39, was the fourth NYPD officer to commit suicide this year. Nassau police said the officer was on his home after work when he pulled over on the Long Island Expressway near Exit 40 in Jericho about 4:30 p.m. Schindler, a 14-year veteran assigned to the 115th Precinct in Jackson Heights, Queens, died at the scene from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Nassau cops said. An NYPD source said Schlinder was married and had three children.
Officer Terrence Dean, 28, shot himself to death himself while on duty in the 111th Precinct on Jan. 19 after a phone call from his girlfriend.
Rookie cop Patrick Werner, 23, took his own life with a self-inflicted gunshot wound at his family home in Westchester County in January, a law enforcement source said.
Police Officer Brian Saar took his own life with a self-inflicted gunshot wound at his Long Island home earlier this month, law enforcement sources said.

Rule #1 at any profession, never let your personal problems inflict with your job/career. Let alone working for the gov't with a conceiled weapon 24/7. I'm not sure if RIP would be good during a circumstance like this. A selfish act of this kind, especially during duty when wearing that Police uniform to serve and protect innocent civilians at harms danger. Then we wonder why Police brutality "sometimes" get out of hand.

- Discuss
#

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: NYPD Suicides
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 01:05:47 PM »
youre supposed to get out your gun cleaning kit, so it looks like an accident and your family gets the pension still.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 01:08:26 PM »
( As long as you don't have kids ) what's wrong with choosing to pass on?

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 01:25:38 PM »
I have had those thoughts while in traffic.

Nassau police said the officer was on his home after work when he pulled over on the Long Island Expressway near Exit 40 in Jericho about 4:30 p.m. Schindler, a 14-year veteran assigned to the 115th
time under tension

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 01:35:21 PM »
I have had those thoughts while in traffic.

Nassau police said the officer was on his home after work when he pulled over on the Long Island Expressway near Exit 40 in Jericho about 4:30 p.m. Schindler, a 14-year veteran assigned to the 115th

I blame it on AAS

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 01:37:09 PM »
Looks like these are all related to marriages and or girlfriends wonder why?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 02:42:50 PM »
Looks like these are all related to marriages and or girlfriends wonder why?

Why else would you kill yourself? What other problem could be as troublesome as these emotional ones?

It's either loss of love/relatives/family.

Not like his favorite footballteam had a lousy showing or that Brock lost vs Overeem would cause it.

Just because they are Police Officers does not mean they are immune to emotion/stress/trauma

It's one thing trying to save someone who is dying (in your job as a paramedic), but when that someone is someone you love, a familymember, child etc, things can become really traumatic. Especially if you lose that someone in your arms.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 03:03:23 PM »
Why else would you kill yourself? What other problem could be as troublesome as these emotional ones?

It's either loss of love/relatives/family.

Not like his favorite footballteam had a lousy showing or that Brock lost vs Overeem would cause it.

Just because they are Police Officers does not mean they are immune to emotion/stress/trauma

It's one thing trying to save someone who is dying (in your job as a paramedic), but when that someone is someone you love, a familymember, child etc, things can become really traumatic. Especially if you lose that someone in your arms.
Good answer however some of these dudes had to be married to or a relationship with bad women hence when they go away consequences occur.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 04:16:53 PM »
all guilty consciousse's
A

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 04:19:43 PM »
youre supposed to get out your gun cleaning kit, so it looks like an accident and your family gets the pension still.
this doesnt work anymore , at least in canada. Insurances dont cover this anymore here. For hunters or cops, military men .

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 04:19:48 PM »
so the tax payer has to pick up the cost of the bullets
c

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »
Cops see more fucked up shit then we can imagine. Most of their lives are dealing with Doom and Gloom and overly emotional human beings.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 04:34:03 PM »
Law Enforcement/Military/Corrections have much higher rates of domestic problems than other careers.  When I worked at the prison and then as a probie, I would "lock" my personal life away behind a barricaded door and become a different person.  When I got past the steel gate, I unlocked the door and became myself again.  I rarely if ever spoke of what I did when I was not on the job.  You cannot become your profession in some careers, they'll eat you alive.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 04:46:48 PM »
Cops see more fucked up shit then we can imagine. Most of their lives are dealing with Doom and Gloom and overly emotional human beings.
it often happens because aside fromt he evil things that happen to others, sometimes there s evil in their own family. It's often a matter of separations that lead to suicides. You think the shit you see only happens to others, and boom, one day your own wife wants to leave with the kids cause you re too violent, alcholic etc. At this point they think "im just like "them" ie the bad, lost, guys.

The strongest cops are those who actually come from stable, religious families. Same can be said of soldiers, firemen. Spirituality is required for those kind of jobs more than for any other jobs.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 05:19:37 PM »
They're not suicides...something evil is being covered up.

goomba420

• Getbig III
  • It could always be worse. Positivity is key.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 05:28:28 PM »
They're not suicides...something evil is being covered up.

those OWS protestors must be a handful. or maybe gh15 put the officers in question on his stab list?

MikMaq

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 05:30:38 PM »
all guilty consciousse's
Word is on the street they gang banged a vegetarian, and were embarrassed when they realized there dicks turned green from excess cabbage.

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 05:34:51 PM »
alot of these guys do it because they have a gun readily available... most of them cant handle pressure

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 06:18:23 PM »
NYPD is HUGE. not sure if this is too far out of range with society in general but;

police-ing attracts guys (primarily) who are
1. prone to aggression and violence
2. prone to obsessive behaviors (like bodybuilding)
3. prone to substance abuse
4. are used to having their way, so rejection from a girl is devestating
5. are less likely to get professional help for depression and or PTSD
6. have access to guns (obviously)
7. young and impulsive
8. another list calvin didnt make