Author Topic: EC timing  (Read 4267 times)

Crossbones

• Getbig II
EC timing
« on: March 14, 2012, 04:20:52 PM »
Hi

Hot some 8mg tabs from pop eyes. . What everyone recommends is 25mg+200mg of caffeine.

The question I have is should I take it on an empty stomach or after a meal? Before workout?

I didn't add aspirin since a few people wrote it didn't add much of a benefit.

Should I take it continuously for a month before tapering off or should I take it only on the days I train?

Thanks

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: EC timing
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:27:56 PM »

Tapering is a personal choice. I never did and science states that the effect is not lost over long periods of time.

Dosage depends. Are you a caffeine junkie? I've taken 400mg ca and 40mg of Eph at one time while washing it down with a double strength Rockstar. While I didn't notice anything at the time, over the long haul this certainly isn't recommended.

I like to take the stuff right upon waking, about 20-30min prior consuming my protein shake. I usually will take the caffeine pills and hold them in my lips between my teeth. Forget where I came up with this but I swear this sublingual method helps me feel it faster. After about 20sec and the tablets start to dissolve I will drink some water and swallow the pill as usual.

I've taken it before a workout too but I think it takes a certain person/tolerance to be able to do this. If you're a thermogenic rookie, DO NOT do this, especially on leg day. Your heart will feel like you can see it beating through your chest. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 08:31:08 AM »
Hi

Hot some 8mg tabs from pop eyes. . What everyone recommends is 25mg+200mg of caffeine.

The question I have is should I take it on an empty stomach or after a meal? Before workout?

I didn't add aspirin since a few people wrote it didn't add much of a benefit.

Should I take it continuously for a month before tapering off or should I take it only on the days I train?

Thanks

For energy or fat loss?

For energy - just on training days

For fat loss - 3Xday split - last dose at least ~5 hours before bed

Tolerance (the feeling) will build up but more is not better.

Tapering is a personal choice. I never did and science states that the effect is not lost over long periods of time.

Dosage depends. Are you a caffeine junkie? I've taken 400mg ca and 40mg of Eph at one time while washing it down with a double strength Rockstar. While I didn't notice anything at the time, over the long haul this certainly isn't recommended.

I like to take the stuff right upon waking, about 20-30min prior consuming my protein shake. I usually will take the caffeine pills and hold them in my lips between my teeth. Forget where I came up with this but I swear this sublingual method helps me feel it faster. After about 20sec and the tablets start to dissolve I will drink some water and swallow the pill as usual.

I've taken it before a workout too but I think it takes a certain person/tolerance to be able to do this. If you're a thermogenic rookie, DO NOT do this, especially on leg day. Your heart will feel like you can see it beating through your chest. 

Sublingual actually is under the tongue.  Either way -  :-X :-X :-X must taste awful   :-X :-X :-X  I would think it would also burn and also create a sore.
:

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 12:50:31 PM »
I have over 20 years experience with EC.  Here are my recommedations for a newbie:

If you've never taken it before, build up slowly.  When I go off for long periods, I only need 12mgs E and 100mgs C when I start taking it again... I could clean my entire house in 1 hour.

Do not take 3x a day at first... you won't need to.  Start with 1/2 dose first thing in the morning and see how you feel later.

I use EC for fat loss only: Take it first thing in the morning with lots of water on an empty stomach, then go do cardio.

I workout later in the day so I never took E as a pre-workout booster, only C.

EC tends to have a another strange effect that nobody ever mentions... if you are an old BBer like me, old injuries tend to flare up when I take EC in higher doses.  I don't know the exact cause for this.. probably has something to do with the CNS effect, but it definitely happens to me.  

CNS effects tend to lessen with time.  Never take after 5pm unless you want to stay up all night.

Aspirin is definitely not necessary.  IMO, that was misinformation handed down from a BBing mag in the early 90's... might have been Ironman or Musclemag.

Another myth is that EC raises your body temperature.  That is totally bogus.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 02:39:30 PM »

Sublingual actually is under the tongue.  Either way -  :-X :-X :-X must taste awful   :-X :-X :-X  I would think it would also burn and also create a sore.

I wasn't sure if sublingual could be applied to both, but either way, thank you. :)

Taste wasn't too good, but like an alcoholic, I'm not doing this for taste! :P The effect is what I'm after.

No sores either. What makes you think this? Never occurred to me but also never happened.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »

Crossbones

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 04:33:58 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

Woooo - yeah I read the stickies. The timing varies on the poster. One guy said take it for 4 weeks while another said try 2 and take 2 off. The general consensus seems to be morning and afternoon but a few people mentioned 3x. So far for me it has been afternoon and evening for me.

I've been using it for three days now twice a day and wondering whether to go 3x. I'll experiment with 2weeks on and one week off..every day. I live on the 25 th floor in a 30 floor building so I use the stairs. climb up and down for almost 20-25 minutes. Will be attempting to hit 30-40 minutes as I get better at it. Weather in Toronto is improving so I'll mix it up with some jogging as well. Also got some cal/mag pills as precaution.

Anabolic  -  I've taken EC before. But not for more than 2-3 days.  Took it mostly for energy. I started gradually with 1x a day and moved to2x. This is my third day. Thanks for your advice.

I don't have a lot of fat to lose. Just a small buildup of belly fat - left overs from Christmas and the inevitable appearance of love handles. I'm tightening up my diet as well. Problem is since I got to Canada I seem to get hungry often. Maybe the cold weather. I'm trying to snack on trail mix so I don't overdose on doritos. Lol. Will be adding more fruits and fiber to curb hunger. I think eph helps with this as well.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 06:27:26 PM »
I'm in TO too dude... do you buy your EC  from popeyes (supplementscanada.com)?

Crossbones

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 06:57:59 PM »
I'm in TO too dude... do you buy your EC  from popeyes (supplementscanada.com)?

The pop eyes store. Are prices better online through their website? If there isn't much of a difference I'd rather go to the store.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 03:32:05 PM »
i prefer online because it's more convenient... i think they both have similar specials but to be honest I only went to a store once... i order online every 3-4 months

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 04:49:00 PM »
I would take the caffeine before the meal, the ephedrine after as it can make you anxious. And for a first time use 8mg of ephedrine with 100mg of caffeine is a great start. Taper up each slowly, but max use would be 200mg of caffeine and 24mg of ephedrine, 3 times a day.

I find adding yohimbe when the results stall out works wonders.
?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 08:30:03 AM »
I gotta agree with the food timing,

Just took second dose of 18mg eph/200mg caffiene and my chicken breasts and brocolli is looking less than appetising. I might just stick to a bodyfat lunch haha

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 12:09:03 PM »
I gotta agree with the food timing,

Just took second dose of 18mg eph/200mg caffiene and my chicken breasts and brocolli is looking less than appetising. I might just stick to a bodyfat lunch haha

Yup... EC is the best appetite supressants ever!

Anyone here remember Addipokinetix by Syntrax in the mid 90's?  They were the first to mix Yohimbe HCL with E and C.  I went through bottles and bottles of that stuff.  IMO, it was the best legal OTC fat loss agent EVER created.  You literally had to force yourself to eat.

Crossbones

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:52 AM »
Hey folks it's been a couple of weeks. I only took 2days off. No significant loss although my hunger levels are suppressed and feel a bitbsharper. I figure I need to be a bit patient and watch my calorie intake. I'm only taking it twice a day so maybe I should bump it up to3x and see what happens.

How about bumping the dose up to 32mg vs 24mg? Each tab is 8mg.

Is that pushing it too much at this stage? It varies from person to person but how long before you started seeing significant results in the mirror?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
no loss, the first 2 weeks are usually the most dramatic in terms of weight loss, you sure you cut your cals enough?
?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 04:25:03 AM »
no loss, the first 2 weeks are usually the most dramatic in terms of weight loss, you sure you cut your cals enough?

Agree with this - my diet is spot on regarding calories and macros etc so when I added the ECA stack (75mg/600mg over the day + cardio) I lost 14 pounds in the first 4 weeks!

Have you calculated your BMR, and the exact calories you need to drop?

Crossbones

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 08:11:00 AM »
You guys are probably right in that maybe I need to re evaluate my calorie intake.

I usually have rice twice a day. Maybe I should reduce the portions further.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 09:13:52 AM »
this game (to me) is 80% nutrition, post up your diet bud, let's get this fixed!
?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 03:17:59 PM »
You guys are probably right in that maybe I need to re evaluate my calorie intake.

I usually have rice twice a day. Maybe I should reduce the portions further.

I've always preferred to increase my activity levels more before I reduce calorie intake. Sometimes it's necessary to reduce calories but I think you can add 5-10min of cardio before you reduce calories.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 04:29:01 PM »
i prefer online because it's more convenient... i think they both have similar specials but to be honest I only went to a store once... i order online every 3-4 months

Do you still use ephedrine?
I seem to remember you having some adverse issues from it a few years back.

Jay8899

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 11:43:16 AM »
I have over 20 years experience with EC.  Here are my recommedations for a newbie:

If you've never taken it before, build up slowly.  When I go off for long periods, I only need 12mgs E and 100mgs C when I start taking it again... I could clean my entire house in 1 hour.

Do not take 3x a day at first... you won't need to.  Start with 1/2 dose first thing in the morning and see how you feel later.

I use EC for fat loss only: Take it first thing in the morning with lots of water on an empty stomach, then go do cardio.

I workout later in the day so I never took E as a pre-workout booster, only C.

EC tends to have a another strange effect that nobody ever mentions... if you are an old BBer like me, old injuries tend to flare up when I take EC in higher doses.  I don't know the exact cause for this.. probably has something to do with the CNS effect, but it definitely happens to me.  

CNS effects tend to lessen with time.  Never take after 5pm unless you want to stay up all night.

Aspirin is definitely not necessary.  IMO, that was misinformation handed down from a BBing mag in the early 90's... might have been Ironman or Musclemag.

Another myth is that EC raises your body temperature.  That is totally bogus.

This is great actually. I started ECA about 10 daya ago.I have a nagging shoulder over the laat 3-4 days its been agravating me alot more and i have read that before aboit EC causing some discomfort in old injuries. I think im going to stop with it now.My shoulder is just bothering me way to much.