Author Topic: pre-contest cycle  (Read 4574 times)

Oly15

• Getbig III
pre-contest cycle
« on: February 07, 2012, 01:11:09 PM »
looking to be doing my first contest soon and was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction as far as a cycle goes. I'll be dropping down from ~220 and probably compete below 200. Would I have to keep my dosages the same throughout the entire prep, or does it change week by week? I was thinking of doing something like test, tren, maybe masteron, and winny. Not looking to go insane on the dosages, don't need to as I grow fine off of conservative ones.

Is there any past pre-contest cycles that members have posted or used that could give me a better picture of what and how much to run?

nosleep

• Getbig IV
  • INJECT NOW. LAUGH LATER.
Re: pre-contest cycle
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 03:08:37 PM »
400 TREN
600MG EQ
300 PROP

CHANGE TO

500 TREN
600MG EQ
150 PROP
150 MASTERON

CHANGE TO

700 TREN
600MG EQ
300 MASTERON
20MG SUPERDROL

MEDICATED BY STRANGO

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 03:12:57 PM »
400 TREN
600MG EQ
300 PROP

CHANGE TO

500 TREN
600MG EQ
150 PROP
150 MASTERON

CHANGE TO

700 TREN
600MG EQ
300 MASTERON
20MG SUPERDROL

Masteron enth or D-prop?

nosleep

• Getbig IV
  • INJECT NOW. LAUGH LATER.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 03:30:17 PM »
ALWAYS MASTERON PROP AND TREN ACE.
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

Brocty

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 03:38:41 PM »
Dont worry too much about weight for now, just concentrate coming in shredded as hell.  For my first contest I started around 220 and not in bad shape and dried out too around 185.  It just kept peeling off.  Try not to concern yourself with a fixed number as your condition might fail.

No sleep looks pretty decent, dont need to make it too complicated.  Just as you get closer to show drop down test and up tren and mast.  I like all short esters.  Also i like to add halo in for last 5 weeks around 30mgs, it will keep your aggression up while coming into those last few weeks of hard dieting.  It also hardens you up big time when you are getting low bf.  Adrol can be thrown in too towards the end.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 11:11:53 AM »
Great suggestions. Thanks guys. However, after giving it some thought, I'm gunna wait til next year to compete. I wanna build up a lot more mass and enter a big competition and win it. I will use this thread though when that time comes around. I'm gunna go watch a couple contests and get the feel of everything first before stepping in cold.

Just wanted you guys opinions on a few things.

Is it best to come off for a little while when the gains stop or up the dosage even more? Theres a consensus that after about 8 weeks myostatin starts getting produced a lot and thats why you plateau. Should I blast until I stop gaining and then cruise for 4-5 weeks or just increase the dose?

And what do you think of me starting with this for muscle growth phase:

Lean up for 4 weeks with ephedra and low dose test so I grow lean into muscle growth phase, then:

Test 750 mg
NPP 400 mg
Tren 350 mg work up to 500-600 mg
Anadrol 100 mg ED to kickstart then drop after 4 weeks, then throw in every other 4 weeks
Proviron 50 mg Ed

Arimidex
Prami

Do this for a while and when gains stop or slow, cruise for a little bit?

What you think

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 07:17:01 PM »
Great suggestions. Thanks guys. However, after giving it some thought, I'm gunna wait til next year to compete. I wanna build up a lot more mass and enter a big competition and win it. I will use this thread though when that time comes around. I'm gunna go watch a couple contests and get the feel of everything first before stepping in cold.

Just wanted you guys opinions on a few things.

Is it best to come off for a little while when the gains stop or up the dosage even more? Theres a consensus that after about 8 weeks myostatin starts getting produced a lot and thats why you plateau. Should I blast until I stop gaining and then cruise for 4-5 weeks or just increase the dose?

And what do you think of me starting with this for muscle growth phase:

Lean up for 4 weeks with ephedra and low dose test so I grow lean into muscle growth phase, then:

Test 750 mg
NPP 400 mg
Tren 350 mg work up to 500-600 mg
Anadrol 100 mg ED to kickstart then drop after 4 weeks, then throw in every other 4 weeks
Proviron 50 mg Ed

Arimidex
Prami

Do this for a while and when gains stop or slow, cruise for a little bit?

What you think

I think you should go ahead and compete, I know you want to be bigger, and you'll more than likely have to drop a little more weight than you think....everyone always does, but it will be so much better for you in the long run.

I've seen it a million times...a guy won't compete one year because he wants to spend extra time growing, and while he may grow a little he always puts on more fat...fat comes with growth, and when he finally does diet it's harder than it needs to be. Further, if you dieted down now as you originally planned, I guarantee you you'll grow more after that diet than you would have if you hadn't dieted down and spent the entire year bulking. Post show/diet growth can be some of if not the most effective of all.

Anyway, just food for thought.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 10:10:33 AM »
I think you should go ahead and compete, I know you want to be bigger, and you'll more than likely have to drop a little more weight than you think....everyone always does, but it will be so much better for you in the long run.

I've seen it a million times...a guy won't compete one year because he wants to spend extra time growing, and while he may grow a little he always puts on more fat...fat comes with growth, and when he finally does diet it's harder than it needs to be. Further, if you dieted down now as you originally planned, I guarantee you you'll grow more after that diet than you would have if you hadn't dieted down and spent the entire year bulking. Post show/diet growth can be some of if not the most effective of all.

Thanks for the advice, but I really just want to gain much more size and then come in and destroy the competition. And instead of competiting at the smaller show I had planned, compete at a bigger one. Also, I'm gunna cut down for a while like I would be competiting (not as long though maybe 6 weeks), and then bulk up from a lean condition.

Brocty

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 02:52:05 PM »

Such good advice, you learn so much about your body, drug timing and all that jazz going through your first preparation for a comp.  I know a lot of guys who have waited saying they would do a show soon, but just feel they're arnt ready yet, and thats been going on for like 5 years.  When you jump right into it, you go through it all, you learn your body well.  You see your weaker points when you are 4-5%, you practice posing more, your meals are better, you pay more attention to everything, pay attention to your muscle more when you train, have more focus in completing your goals.  Again, you just gain so much knowledge that you would not have if you just continued to bulk.  It promotes a better mindset of a bodybuilder.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 07:04:21 PM »
Such good advice, you learn so much about your body, drug timing and all that jazz going through your first preparation for a comp.  I know a lot of guys who have waited saying they would do a show soon, but just feel they're arnt ready yet, and thats been going on for like 5 years.  When you jump right into it, you go through it all, you learn your body well.  You see your weaker points when you are 4-5%, you practice posing more, your meals are better, you pay more attention to everything, pay attention to your muscle more when you train, have more focus in completing your goals.  Again, you just gain so much knowledge that you would not have if you just continued to bulk.  It promotes a better mindset of a bodybuilder.

Very true. No one ever really feels they're big enough....I've never heard a guy say I'm finally as big as I need to be. If someone says that, they're usually delusional, as there will always be someone bigger than you. Further, it's impossible to truly know your weak points without dieting down....everyone is always holding a little more fat than they think they are. There are exceptions though; if a guy has been doing this a very long time, if he's honest with himself he can usually have a pretty good idea about how much actual fat he's carrying. In most cases, if a guy says he needs to drop 20lbs to be stage ready, he probably needs to drop 40...30lbs if he's lucky. Most guys are going to lose at least 10-15lbs of just water, and if they are only carrying 5lbs of fat, well that means they are in tremendous shape...better than most off-season pros.

Last thing, as for NPC bodybuilding, I don't know how many times I've said this but it almost always falls on deaf ears....size means almost absolutely nothing. Almost every show you go to, you will always see guys who don't win even though they are far more muscular than the guy who did; they may be in solid condition, but the guy who's less muscular, if he's in better condition he'll win every single time. This becomes even more true once you reach a national stage...I've seen a lot of guys destroy a local show, only to find out at the national stage their size didn't account for crap when they weren't conditioned enough. Sure, they were much better than the average man, but it's still not enough.