Author Topic: Moving to Monterey, check out the potential apartment. I want advice  (Read 21080 times)

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
Re: Moving to Monterey, check out the potential apartment. I want advice
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 11:27:28 AM »
What special school is in Monterey that you can't find elsewhere?

You'd be better off living in Salinas and driving a little each day.
 ::)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 11:28:21 AM »
What special school is in Monterey that you can't find elsewhere?

You'd be better off living in Salinas and driving a little each day.
 ::)

See above
a

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 11:35:04 AM »
1. NOT a good idea moving in with the GF

having said that, 1450 isnt a whole lot in monterey. Very stuffy crowd there though. tourist and rich people. I dont think youll fit in with either crowd. EVERYTHING else there (food, gas, gym) is expensive too.

I assume youre going to cal st monterey (b/c its the only school i know of there) which is a nice place.

i say fuck it, youre only young once, do it.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 11:37:29 AM »
Yea, that I understand but paying 1450 a month for rent ain't helpin' in saving that 'down payment'.... 

Rational human being would live modestly for the time it takes to collect that nest egg and then buy a house. Just my opinion - in the end it comes down to personal preferences of course.

Well, yes, that's definitely another piece of the pie.  I see so many kids with nothing trying to move out their folks house into flashy apartments into flashy areas of town wanting to drive expensive cars and can't afford gas let alone the apartment rent or car payment.   My wife and I lived in a number of rundown turds and drove a few beaters while working in low paying jobs slowly climbing our way up......took many years to climb.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 11:42:08 AM »
I have nothing of value to add, but I want to take this opportunity to let everyone know that I hate Monterey and I will explain why...

Back in the summer of 2008, I was partying in Cancun and met this sexy mexican girl with a big ass and nice body at a club named Bulldog (those who have been to Cancun may be familiar with it). Anyways, we were making out all night, and some girl I had sex with each of the past two nights was really pissed that I was making out with another girl in front of her. Unfortunately, I couldn't seal the deal because she had to go back to her hotel with her friends and she wouldn't come to mine. At least that is what it seemed like because we had an impossible time communicating since her English was so bad. We actually spoke more in Spanish (mine is decent). Nevertheless, it was a cool experience getting hot and heavy with an authentic Mexican girl. Anyways, it was dark and I was really drunk.

Two days later I am at the airport with my friends. As we are waiting at the gate, here comes some girl out of nowhere who can't speak English smile at me and give me a hug. She had 2 missing teeth and her face looked terrible. Then I realized it was the same girl. My friends, as well as the girl I banged the two previous nights were there to witness this. They couldn't stop laughing uncontrollably. And so my great memory turned into an awful embarrassing one and I get reminded about it to this day.

Anyways, thanks for letting me tell you my story getbig

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 11:55:42 AM »
I have nothing of value to add, but I want to take this opportunity to let everyone know that I hate Monterey and I will explain why...

Back in the summer of 2008, I was partying in Cancun and met this sexy mexican girl with a big ass and nice body at a club named Bulldog (those who have been to Cancun may be familiar with it). Anyways, we were making out all night, and some girl I had sex with each of the past two nights was really pissed that I was making out with another girl in front of her. Unfortunately, I couldn't seal the deal because she had to go back to her hotel with her friends and she wouldn't come to mine. At least that is what it seemed like because we had an impossible time communicating since her English was so bad. We actually spoke more in Spanish (mine is decent). Nevertheless, it was a cool experience getting hot and heavy with an authentic Mexican girl. Anyways, it was dark and I was really drunk.

Two days later I am at the airport with my friends. As we are waiting at the gate, here comes some girl out of nowhere who can't speak English smile at me and give me a hug. She had 2 missing teeth and her face looked terrible. Then I realized it was the same girl. My friends, as well as the girl I banged the two previous nights were there to witness this. They couldn't stop laughing uncontrollably. And so my great memory turned into an awful embarrassing one and I get reminded about it to this day.

Haha great story!

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 12:05:47 PM »

She was probably from Monterrey Mexico.....fuckin' tramps.  ;D

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 12:21:34 PM »
me and the gf are moving to monterey for school lin june. weve been checking out places.  we found this one and love it. but the renter wants us to pay for the next 4 months in order to hold it for us. were on a budget but could probably afford to swing that. wondering what you guys think. worth it?? theres plenty of places available but none with a view like this for the price. 1450 per month.

you're being hustled.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 12:23:54 PM »
Tbombz, find a apt for 980-1,000...it will probably be in a shitty, crime ridden place, but you have love to guide you. Save your money...

Or find a house in which the both of you can rent a room---make sure the other tenants are cleaned, well groomed and don't do rec drugs---as your shit will get stolen.

Also, make sure that this woman is a long-termer, you don't want to start living together, and y'all get into a fight and she rolls and you are stuck with the rent...

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 12:25:47 PM »
You should move to a village in minnesotta. I remember it very well. Very cheap houses. Gorgeous. Peaceful. Lots of countryside and everyone is white  8)
Boundary Breaker

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 12:27:40 PM »
Tbombz, find a apt for 980-1,000...it will probably be in a shitty, crime ridden place, but you have love to guide you. Save your money...

Or find a house in which the both of you can rent a room---make sure the other tenants are cleaned, well groomed and don't do rec drugs---as your shit will get stolen.

Also, make sure that this woman is a long-termer, you don't want to start living together, and y'all get into a fight and she rolls and you are stuck with the rent...

Good advice make sure both names are on the lease. Our just let her sign it. Find a cheaper place. You won't even look at the view after a week.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 12:29:12 PM »
1450 a month. Are you fucking kidding me. How are you going to afford that  ???

That's a luxury appartment like Paker said. Save some money and find a cheaper place. You don't need all that for a couple of college kids.

Bad move.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 12:29:16 PM »
You should move to a village in minnesotta. I remember it very well. Very cheap houses. Gorgeous. Peaceful. Lots of countryside and everyone is white  8)

WTF is this!

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 12:31:38 PM »
Boundary Breaker

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2012, 12:38:46 PM »
How can you afford it? I thought you didn't have a job?
student loans , plus going to work part time while there

Is it 1 bedroom or 2? Do you need the fireplace, that is a luxury, find one w/o it.
Also, do you plan to have Internet/cable? Any hidden fees (trash pickup, recycling)?
And are you splitting the bills or will she pay the majority of it.
its 2 bdrm. we looked up the cost of an internet/cable bundle and its gonna be 60. were splittin the bills.

As in Monterey CA?  Cool aquarium down there.  Part of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home was filmed there.  :)
yup. great city. so excited.

I've lived all over the country.  $1450 a month is retardedly high rent.  You can find very nice places to rent for much cheaper.
but with that kind of view !!!!!!!!!

I agree that you could find a cheaper and just as nice place, and there's NO WAY I'd pay to keep an empty place off the market. Eff that.
thats what im thinking. but weve been looking for months now and this is by far the best weve came across. the view is unbelievable for that price.

MIIS?  MLS?
gf is doing grad school at MIIS !!

i dont wanna live in a shity place, im used to being spoiled ! lol. i wanna view man. living in monterey, i wanna feel like im in monterey.  if we split, shes keeping the place and stuck with the rent. already discussed.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2012, 12:45:31 PM »
me and the gf are moving to monterey for school lin june. weve been checking out places.  we found this one and love it. but the renter wants us to pay for the next 4 months in order to hold it for us. were on a budget but could probably afford to swing that. wondering what you guys think. worth it?? theres plenty of places available but none with a view like this for the price. 1450 per month.

thats an absolutely terrible deal.

thats too high of rent for someone without a job.

first find a job out there, everything in monterey is expensive.

and NEVER pay 4 months rent just to reserve a place. The only thing thats exceptable is first/last months rent and a security deposit.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 12:56:54 PM »
"gf is doing grad school at MIIS !!"

Funny, my ex got her MBA there.
a

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 01:07:19 PM »
thats an absolutely terrible deal.

thats too high of rent for someone without a job.

first find a job out there, everything in monterey is expensive.

and NEVER pay 4 months rent just to reserve a place. The only thing thats exceptable is first/last months rent and a security deposit.

Yes another good point. Why the hell would you have to pay 4 months in advance. Fuck that!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2012, 01:36:08 PM »

its 2 bdrm. we looked up the cost of an internet/cable bundle and its gonna be 60. were splittin the bills.

Weren't you single as of almost a month ago? Now you are splitting a $1400 apartment with a girlfriend that new?

I would try to see if they will accept a 6 month lease or something along those lines that way if things go bad you don't get too far in debt. Spending a school loan to help you get a nicer place is obviously a very poor financial decision. It will be a bitch if things don't work out between the two of you and things go sour but I hope the best for you.

Powerlifter Peter

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
  • you wish
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2012, 01:37:14 PM »
Rent is a lot cheaper in Ballwin,Missouri.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2012, 01:41:58 PM »
Weren't you single as of almost a month ago? Now you are splitting a $1400 apartment with a girlfriend that new?

I would try to see if they will accept a 6 month lease or something along those lines that way if things go bad you don't get too far in debt. Spending a school loan to help you get a nicer place is obviously a very poor financial decision. It will be a bitch if things don't work out between the two of you and things go sour but I hope the best for you.

He's using part of the loans to stock up on gear and growth hormone to don't forget  ::) Tbomz you're an absolute idiot bro. I'm not trying to sound like a dick but you're making all the wrong decisions. Get your fucken head on straight man. Why would you waste that kind of money on an apartment with some girl you just recently met. You make really bad decisions in life.

1. Get a cheaper place! Find some good people to move in with rent will be cheaper. Let the girl live at home she can come visit when she wants. You want your space especially if you're going to college. You want to be stuck living with a bitch during college?

2. Get a job!

3. Start thinking about your future instead how many drugs you can buy with the money you have

You can still juice and have fun but damn why would even think about using your student loans for gear. You just set yourself up for failure and depression.

I'm not trying to be a dick it's just how I see it.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2012, 01:43:02 PM »
Tbombz, the view wears off, not unless you have a freaking millin dollar condo, does one really truly enjoy and reap the benefits of a good view (that's if the condo looks onto a exclusive strip club or nude beach)

you start off small, if you can't afford it. You have to make sacrifices...like, no cable for instance. Cutting out things you don't need, wants are diff than needs. And many get their wants mixed up with their needs. You don't need a view or a lux apt. If your girl is going to grad school, the there are certain needs that she has....how quietvis the place, etc. Then, will your drug usage hinder her, will there be traffic in and out of the palce? Are both of you slobs, or is one of you? Cooking---your food bill...all of that needs to be taken into account.
Plus, a job...is she working? Are you? Wanting to live in a lux place when one person is workig or one is in grad school is not financially sound decision making.
Plus, look for 1st time deals, usually around Sept apt complexes have deals, like
1100 for the same apt, and so on.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2012, 01:44:17 PM »
Rent is a lot cheaper in Ballwin,Missouri.

"Powerlifter Peter", ever since I have followed your posts on getbig you have been one of the more astute and observant members here. Your constructive advices on a wide range of topics have helped me tremendously through many facets of my own life.

This acknowledgement that rent is cheaper in Ballwin, Missouri should prove itself to be every bit as accurate as all your other posts have proven to be.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2012, 01:45:43 PM »
I learned a good lesson the last place I lived. We paid a lot extra because we have this big porch overlooking a little pond. We thought that shit was so great and we would be out there all the time blah blah blah. We hung out there a handful of times. It's not worth the extra money. I spend all my time in front of the tv or in my room jacking off when I'm at home. Who cares about the view.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2012, 01:49:55 PM »
I learned a good lesson the last place I lived. We paid a lot extra because we have this big porch overlooking a little pond. We thought that shit was so great and we would be out there all the time blah blah blah. We hung out there a handful of times. It's not worth the extra money. I spend all my time in front of the tv or in my room jacking off when I'm at home. Who cares about the view.

Meanwhile, if you were single you could live by yourself and be having 10 times as much fun getting blasted whenever you want and bringing home random skanks to fuck on a couch you found behind a dumpster in your 500 sq. foot apartment at a percentage of the cost.