Author Topic: what's up with MSNBC and their british hiring frenzy?  (Read 716 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
what's up with MSNBC and their british hiring frenzy?
« on: February 11, 2012, 06:40:04 AM »
is it me? .. but i swear everytime i turn on msnbc there is another and another british "newscaster", "anchor", "reporter", etcetera..

what is up with that? does msnbc think that someone with a british accent makes them automatically intelligent and able?

i'm sure there are plenty out of work and just as experienced if not more so american newspeople that would love to be on MSNBC!

no other network (cnn, fox, etcetera) does this.. it's annoying.. hearing them spout out defending or being negative about america and what america should do when their NOT even american citizens!

does england have american anchors,reporters, opinionators, etcetera on the BBC or elsewhere?

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: what's up with MSNBC and their british hiring frenzy?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 07:06:24 AM »
does england have american anchors,reporters, opinionators, etcetera on the BBC or elsewhere?

Not as many- but you catch an "expert" with an unmistakable yank accent every now and then on the telly being interviewed about the economy or something like that.
They speak the badly accented, overdrawn, overemphasized, american movie speak, a fragmented language consisting of various slang terms and full of affected gravitas- they use it to speak about britain in familiar terms, "our", "ours", as if they were here all along and we're all in this together.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 07:10:19 AM »
Reptilian bloodline is undermining american news.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 07:16:16 AM »
msnbc is boring this week with all the religion stuff

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 07:19:46 AM »
Globalization as Uberman is so fond of pointing out - theyre slowing indoctrinating us to being one massive country, slowing trying to blur the lines between cultures until theyre so muddled that cultures are unrecognizable, it would make forming one uber-country that much easier. They wouldnt be able to do shit right now, to many cultural differences.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 09:53:33 AM »
Globalization as Uberman is so fond of pointing out - theyre slowing indoctrinating us to being one massive country, slowing trying to blur the lines between cultures until theyre so muddled that cultures are unrecognizable, it would make forming one uber-country that much easier. They wouldnt be able to do shit right now, to many cultural differences.
Maybe, or maybe it's kinda similar to how on the East coast almost all of the newscasters have a Northeast-midatlantic accent, even in the south. It's been said that, that accent is more favorable. And it's also been said that a Brit accent lends more credibility, than a American accent...also, from some of the CNN vids, it seems that the Brit based presenters have extensively more international experience, like Sesay.