Author Topic: Jeff Long - No longer competing anymore?  (Read 29078 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Jeff Long - No longer competing anymore?
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 05:24:14 PM »
If your not hooked up to the best sponsors or sucking dick your not placing well even if your in shape

I could have told him that years ago...

I told him he needed to speak loudly into the microphone,
"1"

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 05:51:53 PM »
he only got a 5month magazine contract :-\ that is why ppl should treat bbing as a hobby. if you turn pro fine..if not have a real job and you don't have to worry about these things
irongearco.com

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 06:42:31 PM »
he only got a 5month magazine contract :-\ that is why ppl should treat bbing as a hobby. if you turn pro fine..if not have a real job and you don't have to worry about these things

Problem with BB is it basically makes no difference if you're pro or amateur financially. Even in the pro ranks only the top 5-6 guys are making enough money to even cover their expenses. ALWAYS have a real job (not "personal training" etc. lol) on the side like the Big Nasty did.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 07:18:48 PM »
So....when he won the Nationals, with no sponsor and not " sucking dick"....that was earned and justified.  But now that he didn't light the world on fire in his first few outings,THAT'S what it takes to win??

I'm all for people making their own decisions based on their own a sons...but making ridiculous comments like these are what turns people off and mAkes you look like a bitter, poor sport.

Stavios

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 07:21:12 PM »
So....when he won the Nationals, with no sponsor and not " sucking dick"....that was earned and justified.  But now that he didn't light the world on fire in his first few outings,THAT'S what it takes to win??

I'm all for people making their own decisions based on their own a sons...but making ridiculous comments like these are what turns people off and mAkes you look like a bitter, poor sport.

he is just like Steve Namat, Erik Buibui and probably others I forgot about

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 07:24:20 PM »
if you actualy knew....the cult of bodybuild,,you would know he talk outof his ass,,no sane fella will just quit when all he worked for is to be there lol,,not hapening in bodybuild lol

which leave you with few option

option one ..

he play the drama flute sound ...which basicaly mean he want gh15 to jump on this isue and then do a 180 on gh15 lol ,,

option 2,,

he has kidny in a failure stage ,, that mean he can still save it  ...but will have to change his so call look lol,,canbe liver tumors too ,, one or both depending ,,

option 3,,

no money for what need to have inorder to stand on stage in high level

option 2  seem to be a decent option but with liars...you never know can be all 3 in no specific order,, he is big abuser  and big abusers...well they pay price

gh15 approved
yo you fucking tard bitch, its not all about you.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 07:24:29 PM »
So....when he won the Nationals, with no sponsor and not " sucking dick"....that was earned and justified.  But now that he didn't light the world on fire in his first few outings,THAT'S what it takes to win??

I have to disagree with you on that, Chick.  To compete in the Nationals doesn't take as much money in terms of supplements however  to compete on the pro stage (meaning be successful), you gotta have a healthy supply of funds coming in which is either having a sponsor or ..."having a sponsor".

He may have said some stuff in anger but its still the truth and quite frankly the current IFBB stage physiques are getting way out of control in a very unhealthy way.  
A

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 07:27:51 PM »

I have to disagree with you on that, Chick.  To compete in the Nationals doesn't take as much money in terms of supplements however  to compete on the pro stage (meaning be successful), you gotta have a healthy supply of funds coming in which is either having a sponsor or ..."having a sponsor".

He may have said some stuff in anger but honestly the current IFBB stage physiques are getting way out of control in a very unhealthy way.  

having done both, I can assure you first hand it doesn't take a Dime more to win the NY Pro than it does the Nationals...and when a competitor thinks it does....is when they get out of control in a unhealthy way

more is not better...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2012, 07:43:27 PM »
having done both, I can assure you first hand it doesn't take a Dime more to win the NY Pro than it does the Nationals...and when a competitor thinks it does....is when they get out of control in a unhealthy way

more is not better...

Chick, with all due respect, you did not won any pro shows other than the Masters Pro and my basis is from the winners of the past Arnold Classics and the Olympia....being Kai Greene, Branch Warren, Ronnie Coleman, Phil Heath, Jay Cutler...who don't personify the image of healthy living.

You are right about more is not better but the judges are apparently ignoring it or just completely obivious to it.  The competitors on stage can't keep their bellies tucked in, there's all sorts of scars and puncture marks on their bodyparts, and it basically looks like a hodgepodge stage full of livestock college experiments rather than athletes.  

Until the judges start penalizing for "obvious flaws and anomalies" in the physiques, up and coming competitors are going to think that they have to do the same thing in order to be successful in the IFBB.    
A

Stavios

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2012, 07:45:44 PM »

Chick, with all due respect, you did not won any pro shows other than the Masters Pro and my basis is from the winners of the past Arnold Classics and the Olympia....being Kai Greene, Branch Warren, Ronnie Coleman, Phil Heath, Jay Cutler...who don't personify the image of healthy living.

You are right about more is not better but the judges are apparently ignoring it or just completely obivious to it.  The competitors on stage can't keep their bellies tucked in, there's all sorts of scars and puncture marks on their bodyparts, and it basically looks like a hodgepodge stage full of livestock college experiments rather than athletes.  

Until the judges start penalizing for "obvious flaws and anomalies" in the physiques, up and coming competitors are going to think that they have to do the same thing in order to be successful in the IFBB.    

Chick placed second next to fucking Markus Ruhl at the NOC, beating a lot of olympia competitors

better than that fucker Long will ever do

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2012, 07:49:03 PM »
Chick placed second next to fucking Markus Ruhl at the NOC, beating a lot of olympia competitors

better than that fucker Long will ever do

But this was 10 years ago.  You have to admit that a lot has changed since then and its for the worse unfortunately. 
A

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2012, 07:50:45 PM »

SO you figure my point has no merit because I placed 2nd twice in 2002?

I spent the same And used the same as I did winning the USA...because a judging panel decided to go with the other guy doesn't mean they spent more, used more, knew more judges, or performed any wacky services....it means that the other guy had one more judge that voted for him...

Stavios

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2012, 07:51:08 PM »

But this was 10 years ago.  You have to admit that a lot has changed since then and its for the worse unfortunately. 

Don't think so, Quebec's Marc Lavoie placed well this year and qualified for the Olympia while having no sponsor, no G4P and being a complete nobody in the IFBB

be big and  in shape and you will place, as simple as that

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2012, 07:57:56 PM »
Don't think so, Quebec's Marc Lavoie placed well this year and qualified for the Olympia while having no sponsor, no G4P and being a complete nobody in the IFBB

be big and  in shape and you will place, as simple as that

It was a very weak lineup and when it came to the Olympia, he didn't place anywhere and was largely ignored and that just doesn't pay the bills.  He's still spending more money than he's winning. 

Its sad that in just about every other professional league that the majority of participants are making enough money in contests to make a living yet there's only a scant few that are doing likewise in the IFBB.
A

Stavios

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2012, 08:00:55 PM »

It was a very weak lineup and when it came to the Olympia, he didn't place anywhere and was largely ignored and that just doesn't pay the bills.  He's still spending more money than he's winning. 

Its sad that in just about every other professional league that the majority of participants are making enough money in contests to make a living yet there's only a scant few that are doing likewise in the IFBB.

:-\
so what ???
he competed in the same shows as that fucking asshole Jeff Long did

he looked better than Alves at the Olympia (the both did not place) and Alves is a multiple pro show winner

point is: he is a fucking nobody and he competed at the O

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012, 08:02:57 PM »
SO you figure my point has no merit because I placed 2nd twice in 2002?

I spent the same And used the same as I did winning the USA...because a judging panel decided to go with the other guy doesn't mean they spent more, used more, knew more judges, or performed any wacky services....it means that the other guy had one more judge that voted for him...

That's the thing....its 2002 and at the Olympia you placed 18th and you were beaten by Nassar who looked like the walking dead with implants.  Its what I mean....its no longer about being big and ripped, its now huge and "somewhat ripped" regardless of how many bullet holes and scars you have.
A

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 08:04:17 PM »
so what ???

he looked better than Alves at the Olympia (the both did not place) and Alves is a multiple pro show winner

Exactly...there are numerous examples of someone coming in with no support company ties no contract with magazines, etc. and winning or placing well.  

If Ronnie Coleman or jay cutler quit after their first few shows....there are a whole bunch of sandows that would have gone to someone else...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2012, 08:09:33 PM »
so what ???

Maybe.....but I do understand his comments and his decision to quit....he's upset at the system of things and I can't entirely blame him.....and don't forget that Troy Alves did the same thing a few years ago when he quit and wasn't going to show up for the Olympia for the same reasons that Jeff Long is doing right now.  

Should someone have to give up their health and go into debt for a chance to "maybe place" in a show??
A

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2012, 08:13:30 PM »

Maybe.....but I do understand his comments and his decision to quit....he's upset at the system of things and I can't entirely blame him.....and don't forget that Troy Alves did the same thing a few years ago when he quit and wasn't going to show up for the Olympia for the same reasons that Jeff Long is doing right now.  

Should someone have to give up their health and go into debt for a chance to "maybe place" in a show??

Difference is, Troy wasn't crying politics and making allegations ....troy  was discouraged because he needed sponsorship to continue to afford to compete

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2012, 08:22:47 PM »
Difference is, Troy wasn't crying politics and making allegations ....troy  was discouraged because he needed sponsorship to continue to afford to compete

Well, Troy is obviously more mature than Jeff but the message is pretty much still the same.  There's no real money being given back to the athletes....its mostly table scraps and a pat on the back and there's more and more of these guys having some serious medical problems. 

There's obviously an issue with compensation and expenses...yes, athletes need to be responsible for their income and their spending habits but there's nothing set up in the IFBB to help out with financial management like other professional organizations.

A

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2012, 08:23:18 PM »
Difference is, Troy wasn't crying politics and making allegations ....

lol, no you're right - chris aceto does that for him the day after the show, lol.  ;D

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2012, 08:43:14 PM »

lol i dont know why you guys are even bothering to argue with him (vince). the guy has never accomplished anything. will never accomplish anything. but here he is criticising a guy who pretty much wiped the floor with everyone at the NOC.
b

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2012, 08:48:32 PM »

lol i dont know why you guys are even bothering to argue with him (vince). the guy has never accomplished anything. will never accomplish anything. but here he is criticising a guy who pretty much wiped the floor with everyone at the NOC.

I haven't criticized Chick...I simply disagreed with him in his assessment of Jeff Long's comments and without the usual trash talk about the "Mirage Hotel" and Ice Machine follies. 

Its a discussion, dum ass.  Go back to digging cheese out of your ass for its the only thing you've accomplished in life other than getting pwned to oblivion here.
A

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • IFBB PRO www.stevenamat.com
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2012, 08:51:49 PM »
OK, so am I stupid if I think it's possible to compete at Olympia level (and top5 at other shows)...spending under $1500 a month (food and gear)...?

Opinions?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2012, 09:05:50 PM »
OK, so am I stupid if I think it's possible to compete at Olympia level (and top5 at other shows)...spending under $1500 a month (food and gear)...?

Opinions?

lets break it down. your going to need at least 3 kits a month (10 iu a day at the minimum). at least at $125-150 a kit in bulk thats $450. say you have a connect for good gear. say its even an average of $2-3 a ml. your running 20 ml or so of gear right there a week if your using fast esters. so another $250 a month for a bare bones run of anabolics- you could even feasibly double those numbers easily so make it $500. and thats without orals. so your at $950. you've got $550 to spend on 4 weeks worth of food, or $18ish a day. which is do able.

yeah you can compete- but how competitive will you be on $1500 a month.

by the way average gym rat reading this- you can expect to pay double to triple those numbers for your gear and gh if you dont have the right connections, so dont get your hopes up about doing he same volume of gear for the same price point. this post was aimed at steve and i think this is about what he would pay.

b