Author Topic: How much can a real natural bodybuilder bench press?  (Read 64123 times)

randy841

• Getbig III
Re: How much can a real natural bodybuilder bench press?
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2012, 12:28:00 AM »
i think a good way of getting an idea what these guys are on is to check the banned substances they get busted for all the time

can only recall some females got caught with stanozolol dont know what the men usually get caught with

nandrolone (Deca durabolin)

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2012, 12:53:51 AM »
I know some strong naturals too, but at the same time with the superdrols, hdrols etc being so available you never really know who's natty these days.

Everyone likes to kid themselves with "natural" this and "natural" that. And PRETENDING to know things for a fact.

There are limitations. Human strength is not infinite. Once you cross a certain # - the lies have already begun.

How about the cycle one did 1 year ago, 2 years ago, or 5 years ago?
That one cycle that took one over their natural limitation forever. And since then, they have never looked back. Once someone has crossed the limit - no one's going to give you a Oprah like confession - more like Jerry Springer like pep talk -- when push comes to shove on their naturalness. Everybody likes to lie to themselves and others - make believe of sorts, that this is what they are really doing ... naturally. In fact, humans thrive on lies and deceit to make themselves something they are not. Basically a Pat Banana conundrum.

Yes, pro-hormones are steroids too. The 'liars and filth', need NOT apply and try to defend themselves, because they think that somehow they categorically fall into the realm of the "natural" defense.

Anybody who thinks they know FOR A FACT their friend(s) is "natural", and doing this or that doesn't know their left foot from right foot.  

Are your there 24/7/365. NO!

Nobody knows as a fact of matter & NO ONE will tell you - And that includes your (best) friends.

It's a dog eat dog world!

chess315

« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2012, 12:58:54 AM »
I totally disagree strenght is not the same as bodybuilding when it come to drugs bodybuilding equals all muscle no other factor. Powerlifting has a lot  to do with out right will/nervous system leverages,tendons and a lot more then muscle. People underestimate how much one can improve ones strength strictly by improving technique also. I agree to be the best or close in powerlifting u need drugs but you can get closer naturlly then in bodybuilding.

HEAVYLIFT

• Getbig II
« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2012, 09:13:55 AM »
Everyone likes to kid themselves with "natural" this and "natural" that. And PRETENDING to know things for a fact.

There are limitations. Human strength is not infinite. Once you cross a certain # - the lies have already begun.

That one cycle that took one over their natural limitation forever. And since then, they have never looked back. Once someone has crossed the limit - no one's going to give you a Oprah like confession - more like Jerry Springer like pep talk -- when push comes to shove on their naturalness. Everybody likes to lie to themselves and others - make believe of sorts, that this is what they are really doing ... naturally. In fact, humans thrive on lies and deceit to make themselves something they are not. Basically a Pat Banana conundrum.

Yes, pro-hormones are steroids too. The 'liars and filth', need NOT apply and try to defend themselves, because they think that somehow they categorically fall into the realm of the "natural" defense.

Anybody who thinks they know FOR A FACT their friend(s) is "natural", and doing this or that doesn't know their left foot from right foot.  

Nobody knows as a fact of matter & NO ONE will tell you - And that includes your (best) friends.

I agree 100%, been saying this for a long time

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2012, 09:31:09 AM »

i tell all my friends, most of them don't weightlift or if they do it's like benching 120 pounds for 4 reps (yes some guys can't even max out at 150 pounds).  

i don't know why anyone cares in the slightest, the only apprehension i have is telling strangers since it's illegal and also my mother just because my mother is one of those mothers.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #180 on: February 19, 2012, 09:42:14 AM »
Leverage and proportions play a huge part in strength. ie. moving weight over distance

Size is all drugs

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2012, 09:56:05 AM »
condition while keeping size... is all drugs too lol

everything is all drugs,, this is why we are NOT  sport lol ,,its not little drugs,, our sport is evolved AROUND drugs
gh15 approved
fallen angel

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2012, 01:58:08 PM »
condition while keeping size... is all drugs too lol

everything is all drugs,, this is why we are NOT  sport lol ,,its not little drugs,, our sport is evolved AROUND drugs
gh15 approved

Wouldn't you say the same's almost as applicable to powerlifting too, though?  Especially the non-tested but raw stuff.  Periodization was predicated on guys coming off drugs or cutting doses back when the Basile types would all get together and pow-wow about whether it'd be safe to go from 2 CIBA Dianabols to 3/day.

That's sarcasm, btw ;)  But in all seriousness, superheavy powerlifters give sweet-fuck-all about condition, the gH "3D look" and any semblance of balanced development, but the PLers I've known had the same kind of "either train 'on' or don't fucking bother" mentality.  Imagine some guy like Louie Simmons training without AAS.

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »
i tell all my friends, most of them don't weightlift or if they do it's like benching 120 pounds for 4 reps (yes some guys can't even max out at 150 pounds).  

i don't know why anyone cares in the slightest, the only apprehension i have is telling strangers since it's illegal and also my mother just because my mother is one of those mothers.

x2

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2012, 05:45:46 AM »
i am a life time natural and today i bench pressed 150 kg for one easy rep (BW 79-80 kg).. will try 155 kg next time.. i did it few years ago but was 3-4 kg heavier than now!!..

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2012, 05:47:10 AM »
i am a life time natural and today i bench pressed 150 kg for one easy rep (BW 79-80 kg).. will try 155 kg next time.. i did it few years ago but was 3-4 kg heavier than now!!..

my old coach who was a very bitter and angry natural did 150kg with pause and 155kg without pause, he was tall with long arms so i guess someone with better leverages can go more

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2012, 06:44:06 AM »
My friend is between 5'8"-5'9", and weighs 245.  Approx 20-24% bf.
Benches 180kg for 5-6 reps.
Lifetime natural.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »
my old coach who was a very bitter and angry natural did 150kg with pause and 155kg without pause, he was tall with long arms so i guess someone with better leverages can go more

yes sure there are many naturals who are stronger than me and than your tall old coach.. i was just talking about what i did :P

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #188 on: February 20, 2012, 11:24:31 AM »
yes sure there are many naturals who are stronger than me and than your tall old coach.. i was just talking about what i did :P
of course i was just comparing you to an exactly similar number guy

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #189 on: February 20, 2012, 11:26:59 AM »

haha this is hilarious.....can you elaborate, PNS ?

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2012, 11:29:28 AM »
also the form (technique) plays a very important role when you do one heavy rep of bench press.. my training partner is noticeably stronger than me in nearly all press exercises (shoulders and chest) except the flat bench press,.. i lift a little heavier than him when we do one rep or few reps with the max. weight.. here is he spotting me in one heavy set 8)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Ok, gh15 laid out the natural limits for size... what about strength?
« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2012, 11:32:02 AM »
strenght is more to do with tendoins and bones than actual muscle,, you will learn it ,,

gh15 approved

yes it does...but that is purely genetics.

for every individual though, the more muscle they have, the stronger they are.

thats the correlation.

there's NEVER been a correlation between different genetic makeups..NEVER.

there's always been a correlation between muscle mass and strength- for each individual.

its a proven FACT, that larger muscle size = greater strength. thats why we lift in the rep ranges we do.

to dumb it down for you gh15...this means you cannot compare muscle mass of people with different genetic predisposition to strength.

in a large enough group you can though, IF you measure each person's strength versus muscle mass and plot it as % increases.

you Sir, are delusional and overly simplistic in your understanding of human physiology...in fact its not just humans, its any mammal and a bunch of non mammals too.

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2012, 11:36:48 AM »
600 pound bench natural is very possible and a bit more .

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #193 on: February 20, 2012, 11:41:35 AM »
You must know something I don't..... :-[

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Ok, gh15 laid out the natural limits for size... what about strength?
« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2012, 12:05:11 PM »
yes it does...but that is purely genetics.

for every individual though, the more muscle they have, the stronger they are.

thats the correlation.

there's NEVER been a correlation between different genetic makeups..NEVER.

there's always been a correlation between muscle mass and strength- for each individual.

its a proven FACT, that larger muscle size = greater strength. thats why we lift in the rep ranges we do.

to dumb it down for you gh15...this means you cannot compare muscle mass of people with different genetic predisposition to strength.

in a large enough group you can though, IF you measure each person's strength versus muscle mass and plot it as % increases.

you Sir, are delusional and overly simplistic in your understanding of human physiology...in fact its not just humans, its any mammal and a bunch of non mammals too.

spot on post

AJ approved

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2012, 12:15:20 PM »
haha this is hilarious.....can you elaborate, PNS ?

just sayin'...he keeps telling stories about back in the day how he knew juicers with huge arms and he was able to out-cheat-curl them ...

and they look really old and bad now....

i keep thinking "yeah that's cool and everything but clearly you are mad you were not swole and strong like them"

too many anecdotes about how he was stronger than them juiced big arm guys etc

as if they cared about strength

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2012, 12:18:42 PM »
Oh yeah.
::)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2012, 06:20:49 PM »
Oh yeah.
::)
I know one natural that can hit mid-500....in a shirt, good for mid/upper 400's without it. He competes @275#

I also know juicers that rep 455-495 @ 220#

Not sure where all these natural huge bench/squat/deads are taking place.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2012, 07:50:37 PM »
I know one natural that can hit mid-500....in a shirt, good for mid/upper 400's without it. He competes @275#

Not at the meets I attend.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #199 on: February 20, 2012, 07:50:53 PM »

In prison, of course. In 'the yard' everyone who's fat can bench 500+ if they eat enough chitlins and collards

in the last decade in gyms, including PLing gyms I've only ever seen one 500+ raw bench press from a huge fat 'possible' natural, so obviously going to prison makes a huge difference to people's strength.