Author Topic: full body routine  (Read 2021 times)

jon cole

• Getbig IV
full body routine
« on: March 26, 2012, 05:39:04 AM »
based on search i've done and my personnal experience, a good full body workout can look like this:

monday = heavy bench
               heavy squat
               weighed chins
               biceps stuff

wednesday = (medium) military press
                   weighed dips
                   dumbell rows
                   power clean
                   biceps stuff

friday = incline (medium)
            front squat (medium)
            up row
            chins (bodyweight)
            biceps stuff  

including basic coumpound, one day off between workout, any opinion ?
asstropin

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: full body routine
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 06:39:38 AM »
looks good, a lot of people make training way too complicated. Your triceps are getting hit good with all the pressing and dips and so no need to do any other stuff(although maybe EZ bar extensions in there would not be bad). Keep it simple and train hard on these few compound exercises. Biceps i would not train 3x..maybe 2x ..looks good to me.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 09:15:53 AM »
looks good, a lot of people make training way too complicated. Your triceps are getting hit good with all the pressing and dips and so no need to do any other stuff(although maybe EZ bar extensions in there would not be bad). Keep it simple and train hard on these few compound exercises. Biceps i would not train 3x..maybe 2x ..looks good to me.

just come back from the monday training...benching (4 set of 5) and squatting heavy (3 set of 5) in a row is hard but bench press before squat warm you up, so you're body is ready to squat heavy.
feeling nauseus at the end of the combo.

chins was really ok and easy (hit a pbr) and my strength in barbell curl was really solid.

asstropin

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:03 AM »
Good stuff. as i wrote a lot of guys do way too much for each muscle group. I think you are on the right way to getting more size and power.

chess315

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 12:50:15 AM »
based on search i've done and my personnal experience, a good full body workout can look like this:

monday = heavy bench
               heavy squat
               weighed chins
               biceps stuff

wednesday = (medium) military press
                   weighed dips
                   dumbell rows
                   power clean
                   biceps stuff

friday = incline (medium)
            front squat (medium)
            up row
            chins (bodyweight)
            biceps stuff  

including basic coumpound, one day off between workout, any opinion ?
I built almost my whole body using such workouts the way you have set up I like a lot very good for building a prowrestler type body. I like the minimal leg movements if your just trying to look big and be strong that is a very great workout.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 11:20:24 AM »
wednesday = the day off is a good thing, you're angry when you go to the gym.
                   dips are a little bit hard because i still got chest sore.

asstropin

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 09:50:34 AM »
I like it -
-maybe add one set on Friday with lesser reps where you set yourself up for a heavier Monday?
-do you pyramid up or do sets across
-going by percentage increases or feel when dealing with tonnage?

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 02:42:38 AM »
I like it -
-maybe add one set on Friday with lesser reps where you set yourself up for a heavier Monday?
-do you pyramid up or do sets across
-going by percentage increases or feel when dealing with tonnage?

1-actually friday's training was heavy, i almost hit pbr in incline (3 set of 5) and in front squat (3 set of 3), although it was my second ft squat session since a recent injury.

2-i don't pyramid for the moment i stick to a basic 3 or 4 set of 5 for bench/squat milit and incline, i'll pyramid when regular ste start to be boring.

3- i'll try to add 2.5 or 5 lbs whenever it's possible.

i try this after years of split, i think i stale with split, i workout more to maintain the muscle i already got.
the purpose of this program is to increase my max for set of 5, not looking for pump or anything, i want to build muscle, not to pump muscle that look bigger because of blood pump.

note : the warm up for incline was awkward, a little shoulder sore and the bar feeling heavy but everyting was fine on heavy set.
chins were really easy, i do chins when my shoulder and my body is really warmed up with incline and front.
5 set of 5 on barbell curl and a pbr.
dips on wed wasn't a good idea, next week i'll do dips on monday.

this routine is not so strenuous, i woke up every morning with a boner and really hungry, that's a good sign.
asstropin