Author Topic: Chimpanzee's Muscles!!!!!!!!!  (Read 25059 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Chimpanzee's Muscles!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2012, 03:17:33 PM »
I know they are strong,but I would have to see proof of them bein able to rip off a car door..

There was an article in the Washington Post years ago about an enraged pet chimp who ripped a car door of it's handles to get a guy who locked himself inside the car to protect himself after he pissed of the chimp. I cannot prove it to you because this was years ago and I don't have the article.

But here there is a documentary about an enraged chimp who destroyed a car completely in a fit of rage. He climbed on the hood of the car and bashed it sinking the car's armory. The outer armory of a car is made of Aluminum with steel. You try to punch a car's armory in and you'll see what will happen. Not only won't you have any strength to do any damage to the car, but even if you did, you would smash all your bones into powder. The chimp had no problem doing it because it's bones are up to eight times harder and denser than a human's.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2012, 03:20:38 PM »
Polish Power, a Silverback can weigh over 440 pounds as an adult. I surmise and SMM probably can verify that their BF is probably similar to a chimps. Estimates range from the strenth of 8-15 men. I would surmise that a 1000 pound bench would not be overly difficult for these beasts. They could take on Ronnie, Dorian, Jay, Kai and Dennis Wolf at their maximum size and all at once and probably shatter us pitiful humans. Simple google search states that a 400 pound gorilla was hanging by one arm and removing nailed down planks from the top of his cage that weighed in excess of 200 pounds. Purportedly, he did it easily. Extrapolate my friend.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2012, 03:31:49 PM »
Me and a few buddies were having a discussion on this. We are all fascinated by feats of strength and the mystical 1000lb bench/squat/deadlift.

How much do you think a full grown male silverback gorilla could lift on these three? Just from some research I've learned that gorillas have the strength of anywhere from 13-27 average men.

So I figure the average man can bench perhaps......120lbs. This puts the gorilla's theoretical bench press at 2000-4000 lbs. Most of my friends disagreed, they could barely even accept that a gorilla could bench 1500lbs. The extreme genetically gifted of the species could probably hit 5000lbs in my eyes.

As far as squats, with their short legs they might be able to get at least 5000lbs, maybe more. They could also quarter squat 10000 lbs just to show off  

and deadlifting....well, I've heard that they can uproot trees when properly provoked, so I'm going to guess quite a substantial number, again in the 5000lb range.

I know this is a bit of a silly discussion, but I'm just curious what you all think.

No one knows how strong gorillas are, because the only way to know this would be to make them pull and push on a dynamometer and it is almost impossible to get them to do that.

There have been estimates done by experts based on the size of their muscles, the amount of force their muscles can generate per gram and the leverage the structure of their tendons allows them to use their muscles. Some estimates put gorillas at only 5 X overall stronger than a male human, and others estimate them to have the upper body strength of up to 30 male humans.

Pulling and pushing strength are not really that relevant. What really matters is power(strength X explosivenss) and at that a gorilla would be 10 X superior to an NFL lineman and 15 X more in the case of those huge mountain gorillas. That is enough power to crack the ribs and give concussions to an entire NFL team with a single run with the ball.

Now the bench press is a different story. We don't know how strong a gorilla would be in the bench press, but it is unlikely that a gorilla would be able to bench a lot more than a Human benching champion for several reasons. The first is that gorillas' muscles are designed for pulling and not pushing. They have gigantic back muscles but their chest muscles are not that huge and their arms attach to the joints in a slingshot position that maximizes pulling strength. Secondly, gorillas have very long arms compared to Humans. Long arms give you better leverage for pulling but hinders you when it comes to the bench press because it makes for a longer distance that your arms have to go through to move the weight. Then, there is the issue of neuromuscular connection. The bench press is an abnormal movement that is not found in nature. Humans increase their strength in it partly through improved neuromuscular connection. However, because gorillas have such huge overall muscle mass, they should be abel to bench raw about twice as much as the World's best Human bencher. Not that impressive, but remember that gorillas are at a huge disadvantage compared to Humans in the bench press.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Polish Power

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2012, 03:34:38 PM »
Thanks Mang, very informative.

No one knows how strong gorillas are, because the only way to know this would be to make them pull and push on a dynamometer and it is almost impossible to get them to do that.

There have been estimates done by experts based on the size of their muscles, the amount of force their muscles can generate per gram and the leverage the structure of their tendons allows them to use their muscles. Some estimates put gorillas at only 5 X overall stronger than a male human, and others estimate them to have the upper body strength of up to 30 male humans.

Pulling and pushing strength are not really that relevant. What really matters is power(strength X explosivenss) and at that a gorilla would be 10 X superior to an NFL lineman and 15 X more in the case of those huge mountain gorillas. That is enough power to crack the ribs and give concussions to an entire NFL team with a single run with the ball.

Now the bench press is a different story. We don't know how strong a gorilla would be in the bench press, but it is unlikely that a gorilla would be able to bench a lot more than a Human benching champion for several reasons. The first is that gorillas' muscles are designed for pulling and not pushing. They have gigantic back muscles but their chest muscles are not that huge and their arms attach to the joints in a slingshot position that maximizes pulling strength. Secondly, gorillas have very long arms compared to Humans. Long arms give you better leverage for pulling but hinders you when it comes to the bench press because it makes for a longer distance that your arms have to go through to move the weight. Then, there is the issue of neuromuscular connection. The bench press is an abnormal movement that is not found in nature. Humans increase their strength in it partly through improved neuromuscular connection. However, because gorillas have such huge overall muscle mass, they should be abel to bench raw about twice as much as the World's best Human bencher. Not that impressive, but remember that gorillas are at a huge disadvantage compared to Humans in the bench press.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2012, 03:43:26 PM »
 There was an article in the Washington Post years ago about an enraged pet chimp who ripped a car door of it's handles to get a guy who locked himself inside the car to protect himself after he pissed of the chimp. I cannot prove it to you because this was years ago and I don't have the article.

But here there is a documentary about an enraged chimp who destroyed a car completely in a fit of rage. He climbed on the hood of the car and bashed it sinking the car's armory. The outer armory of a car is made of Aluminum with steel. You try to punch a car's armory in and you'll see what will happen. Not only won't you have any strength to do any damage to the car, but even if you did, you would smash all your bones into powder. The chimp had no problem doing it because it's bones are up to eight times harder and denser than a human's.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Mind blowing...!they are stronger than I thought.. ::) where's the right vid?
H

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »
:18 onward...chimp and dog vs situps

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2012, 04:50:45 PM »
the only real downfall of the chimp is that they are all very poor posers, they will never make it to the stage!!!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2012, 07:25:34 PM »
  I am sorry, I posted the wrong video of the chimps attacking the car and what it did to the car's Aluuminum and steel. Here is the video. It bashed the car's armory until the metal was sunk in completely....

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2012, 02:54:29 PM »
  Another picture of the chimpanzee's muscular rippedness and density...

Seriously, a chimp's muscular density is just unreal. Ridiculous!

They actually look more muscular than human bodybuilders who have been training for 10 years and are on huge doses of steroids and GH because they are so lean and their muscular density is just so far superior to that of any human.

I thought I would never see in my life a greater degree of muscular density than Dorian Yates, but I was wrong. The chimp actually makes prime Dorian seem like Palumbo or Queen Tamali in comparison. Absurd muscular density with Auschwitz level of bodyfat!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2012, 02:56:46 PM »
I guess they swing around off stuff constantly. Gymnasts have badass physiques too I guess for this reason.

Also eat nothing but plants and bananas and insects, maybe John Falcon is on to something here.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2012, 03:05:04 PM »
Me and a few buddies were having a discussion on this. We are all fascinated by feats of strength and the mystical 1000lb bench/squat/deadlift.

How much do you think a full grown male silverback gorilla could lift on these three? Just from some research I've learned that gorillas have the strength of anywhere from 13-27 average men.

So I figure the average man can bench perhaps......120lbs. This puts the gorilla's theoretical bench press at 2000-4000 lbs. Most of my friends disagreed, they could barely even accept that a gorilla could bench 1500lbs. The extreme genetically gifted of the species could probably hit 5000lbs in my eyes.

As far as squats, with their short legs they might be able to get at least 5000lbs, maybe more. They could also quarter squat 10000 lbs just to show off  

and deadlifting....well, I've heard that they can uproot trees when properly provoked, so I'm going to guess quite a substantial number, again in the 5000lb range.

I know this is a bit of a silly discussion, but I'm just curious what you all think.

There's evidence of adult chimps who spent most of their lives in captivity one-arm-pulling 800-1300 pounds (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19817225).  I've also read an article somewhere with anecdotal evidence of gorillas pressing 2000 pounds and flinging fallen tree trunks out of the way with one arm, but I couldn't find that one.  Even a 100-lb adult chimp is enormously strong in any case.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2012, 07:24:56 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2012, 07:41:15 PM »
  Another picture of the chimpanzee's muscular rippedness and density...

Seriously, a chimp's muscular density is just unreal. Ridiculous!

They actually look more muscular than human bodybuilders who have been training for 10 years and are on huge doses of steroids and GH because they are so lean and their muscular density is just so far superior to that of any human.

I thought I would never see in my life a greater degree of muscular density than Dorian Yates, but I was wrong. The chimp actually makes prime Dorian seem like Palumbo or Queen Tamali in comparison. Absurd muscular density with Auschwitz level of bodyfat!

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Come on. Dorian was much more massive than this chimp. Don't get too carried away here. We know they are strong but to say this chimp is more muscular than Dorian was is nuts!

newmom

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2012, 07:42:14 PM »
you choose:

1. primate of peace  ::)

2. two words: jan tana

3. better grooming than Tbombz

4. thats not cheetah

5. chaka looking swole

LMAO..that's awesome

Aussie Duffman

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2012, 07:46:49 PM »
all growth look at hands ;)
Herpes

suckmymuscle

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »
Come on. Dorian was much more massive than this chimp. Don't get too carried away here. We know they are strong but to say this chimp is more muscular than Dorian was is nuts!

Another classic example of Getbiggers' awful reading comprehension skills.

Where have I stated that the chimp has equal or greater muscle size than Dorian? I said the chimp has greater muscular density.

99% of the time idiot Getbiggers think they "got me" for having written wrong things, it is just the result of their inability to accurately read the English language.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2012, 10:28:10 PM »
 Another classic example of Getbiggers' awful reading comprehension skills.

Where have I stated that the chimp has equal or greater muscle size than Dorian? I said the chimp has greater muscular density.

99% of the time idiot Getbiggers think they "got me" for having written wrong things, it is just the result of their inability to accurately read the English language.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Does not look more dense. I am dissapoint in you Gorilla Whisperer

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2012, 11:41:08 PM »
Suckmymuscle!  You seem fascinated with Chimps...  So I thought I'd share with you something cool....

I've actually met Jane Goodall... If that name means anything to you...

She is considered to be the world's foremost expert on Chimpanzees and actually went and lived with them in the wild!

I met her because she came and spoke at my school back when I was living in London!

I didn't appreciate the encounter as much as I should have, but I was 12 at the time!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2012, 05:52:57 AM »
  I am sorry, I posted the wrong video of the chimps attacking the car and what it did to the car's Aluuminum and steel. Here is the video. It bashed the car's armory until the metal was sunk in completely....

SUCKMYMUSCLE

You know how thin the hoods of the cars are nowadays? And humans jump/punch/kick through car windows all the time.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2012, 05:55:49 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Look at that powerful kick at 2:19.  ::) So much power, so much force!  ::) ::) ::)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2012, 05:59:06 AM »
Look at that powerful kick at 2:19.  ::) So much power, so much force!  ::) ::) ::)

Are you saying that you wouldn't give a shit about facing a furious male chimp face to face in a cage, klaus fan?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2012, 06:03:56 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Quoted for truth!

Density > Size  8)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2012, 06:12:15 AM »
Are you saying that you wouldn't give a shit about facing a furious male chimp face to face in a cage, klaus fan?

I'm just toning down the hype a little bit. And the ape can't give it's consent so it would be sad if I had to kill the poor thing.  ;)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2012, 06:18:28 AM »
before you go wrestling against a healthy and fully powered chimpanzee, try to beat a 120lbs female jiujitsu world champion first.

If you can beat her without even trying, then you can move up to a 185lbs male jiujitsu world champion.

If you can beat him without even trying and breaking a swet, then you can move up against a 225lbs multiple time jiujitsu and sambo male world champion.

Etc etc etc... when you can beat fedor and overeem at their peak at the same night without breaking a swet, go try to out a chimpanzee.

That's the realistic relation here...

... mothafUCkas  >:(

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2012, 06:26:16 AM »
before you go wrestling against a healthy and fully powered chimpanzee, try to beat a 120lbs female jiujitsu world champion first.

If you can beat her without even trying, then you can move up to a 185lbs male jiujitsu world champion.

If you can beat him without even trying and breaking a swet, then you can move up against a 225lbs multiple time jiujitsu and sambo male world champion.

Etc etc etc... when you can beat fedor and overeem at their peak at the same night without breaking a swet, go try to out a chimpanzee.

That's the realistic relation here...

... mothafUCkas  >:(

I much rather dent a hood of a car, smash a car window and rip the face off of an old woman. That's what chimpanzees seem to be capable of.  ;D