Author Topic: Richest Wrestlers as of 2011  (Read 3350 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Richest Wrestlers as of 2011
« on: February 17, 2012, 11:08:32 AM »
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/656507-pro-wrestling-the-top-10-richest-wrestlers#/articles/656507-pro-wrestling-the-top-10-richest-wrestlers/page/3

Jericho - $18 mil
Big Show - 20 mil
JBL - $20 mil
Cena - $20 mil
Foley $22 mil
HHH - $25 mil
Hogan $30 mil ( prior to divorce)
Taker - $34 mil (this kinda surprised me)
Stone Cold - $40 mil
Rock - $65Mil

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Re: Richest Wrestlers as of 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 11:38:12 AM »
The biggest surprise for everyone should be Hogan. He was possibly the most valuable corporate asset of the 80's and early 90's in the world, his image must have generated BILLIONS in revenue through a variety of ventures. I remember reading his WCW contract was a guaranteed $4 - 12 million per year plus he got a high %age of all PPV revenue he was in. After all that he was worth a relatively mere $30 million?!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 11:53:02 AM »
Hogan has been raked thru the coals. I remember when he first tried to sell his Clearwater house about 5-6 yrs ago, was like $20 mil, now it's down to $4......

Last yr article

http://www.luxspaces.com/1950/hulk-hogans-estate-belleair-florida/

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:29:33 PM »
I question the accuracy of these figures.

Not only do they "seem" off, but how in the fukk would the source be privy to such information?

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 04:33:32 PM »
these figures are represented on celebritynetworth.com, i checked them a few months back and thats the given value for each man. But then some of the numbers on there are ridiculous, i.e. Mark Wahlberg - $150 million! The figures jump 10's of millions for some of the celebs also.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 06:23:11 PM »
Went to see "Journey" with the family, 3D Imax etc. One hundred bucks; tickets popcorn candy drinks. Tickets where $60 alone, "if you smell what the Rock is cooking"  :o
Have to hand it to him, he is a huge star these days, amazing to me. I remember his father doing drop-kicks and jabbing his opponents and The High Chief head butting everyone, wonder what his  old man thinks of his success, then again, " IT DOESN'T MATTER"
This keeps up he might just buy the WWE, ;)

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 07:06:28 AM »
Went to see "Journey" with the family, 3D Imax etc. One hundred bucks; tickets popcorn candy drinks. Tickets where $60 alone, "if you smell what the Rock is cooking"  :o
Have to hand it to him, he is a huge star these days, amazing to me. I remember his father doing drop-kicks and jabbing his opponents and The High Chief head butting everyone, wonder what his  old man thinks of his success, then again, " IT DOESN'T MATTER"
This keeps up he might just buy the WWE, ;)

He really is the only action hero aside from maybe Jason Statham. In the 80/90's we had Arnold, Sly, Jean Claude, Segal now we have no one.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 09:30:26 AM »
He really is the only action hero aside from maybe Jason Statham. In the 80/90's we had Arnold, Sly, Jean Claude, Segal now we have no one.

There isnt an action era anymore hence the reason we dont get alot of movie stars emulating the guys from the 80's

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 07:51:18 AM »
Foley has to have a lot of cash, between the books, his place on the roster, and the fact that he didn't really spend a lot on the road. Owen was thrifty like that too, apparently. Humming rides from fans instead of paying for a rental car or taxi. I don't know how much Warrior has, but say what you want about the guy, all he cared about was making money and coming home alive, and he did both. I have more respect for him that for a guy that "loves the business", and is broke, can't walk, 60 years old, and working in a high school gym.