Author Topic: Live TUF  (Read 1321 times)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Live TUF
« on: March 10, 2012, 05:41:39 AM »
1) THANK GOD for DVR.....could there have been any more commercials? 

2) The one round thing was nice...but some guys didn't seem to get it, or is it just they don't know how to finish fights...

3) That broken toe was stomach churning.. :-X

4) Love how there was so much dead air when the coaches and Dana were supposed to be interacting.  For guys who don't like each other, there wasn't a lot of shit talking.  They sounded like buddies when talking about the mexican dude at the end

5) One more guy says "I am the most well rounded fighter, I cant be stopped"...."You'll have to kill me"....."All I do is knock people out"....I am going to have to shoot them in the face!!!!

6) I have genuine concerns about how this is going to play out for 3 mos.  No chance to edit stuff..will these guys be on better behavior than past seasons?

chixlegs

• Getbig III
Re: Live TUF
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 09:38:46 AM »
Well for your #6 about their behavior it won't make a difference b/c that part is not going to be live.  Only the fights are going to be live, not the house stuff.  Not sure how that's gonna work, I guess they must film all week and edit mid-week, I don't know.  The whole thing is a bit odd.

Yeah, lots of commercials and awkward dead air.  I don't really think the fights being live makes much of a difference.  Dana promoted it like it was a big deal, but it really isn't.  It's not like we're watching GSP fight or something where you find a spoiler on the internet.  I really don't give a fuck if the fights are live or taped.  I guess they're trying anything to mix it up after however many seasons the show has been on.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 10:53:13 PM »
i didn't like the one round idea. on a couple of them it seemed like the winner was the one that got the take downs and laid there. also i thought the 2 tko stoppages back to back were to quick. it seems like the have some pretty good  talent though
irongearco.com

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 06:44:07 AM »
I like the 1 round fight to get in the house.  There were a couple of early stoppages, and a few lay n prays.  But that's a part of game.  You got guys in the UFC that lnp there way to a decision.  The other guy has to figure out a way to counter.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 10:16:08 PM »
How about last weeks random shit talking between the coaches

"Dude, my dad is pissed off because you said that he bought a gym for me".....

Wow....thats the best they can do???