Author Topic: Chest workout  (Read 1741 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Chest workout
« on: March 14, 2012, 11:11:15 PM »
been having good results with this lately.

Decline Hammer Strength - 1 or 2 very light warm ups, 3 work sets

incline barbell - 1 or 2 very light warm ups, 2-3 work sets

controlled negatives, strict and strong contraction, 6-12 rep range (either staying in the middle or balancing out higher and lower so the average is in the middle), 1 rep shy of failure every set.

Yev33

• Getbig III
Re: Chest workout
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 12:18:15 AM »
I don't mean to be a dick but this is not the first thread where you posted something to the effect of: been doing X, and getting good results or it's working well.

What does that mean specifically.
Did you get stronger? As in month ago I was using 3 plates on the incline bench now I am using 335.
Did you gain weight? Before I was 235 now I am 241.
Did you bring up a bodypart? Heres a before and after pic..

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but if you are doing something out of the norm and want people to listen to and value your ideas, you gotta give them more to go off of.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 12:32:09 AM »
im not trying to convince anyone of anything lol this training board just gets kind of quiet and i know that alot of people are looking for new workouts to try so i am contributing on their behalf, and on behalf of the board which could use some more positive traffic..

as for my results.. well after tinkering around for a while  this seems to get the entire chest too grow without overtraining..  i cant do much volume or my muscles wont respond.. so i usually will onlny stimulate growth in a certain region(s), to the exclusion of a region.  this workout fills up my entire chest top to bottom very nicely.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 01:39:34 AM »
What are people's general opinion of laying out training as follows:

Heavy barbell exercise, 6-8 reps for a few sets
compound dumbbell exercise, 8-12 reps
light pumping isolation exercise, 12-15 reps

So a few examples:
Incline bench
dumbbell bench
Chest flyes

Squats
leg press
extensions

push press
seated dumbbell press
lateral raises

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 08:15:41 AM »
What are people's general opinion of laying out training as follows:

Heavy barbell exercise, 6-8 reps for a few sets
compound dumbbell exercise, 8-12 reps
light pumping isolation exercise, 12-15 reps

So a few examples:
Incline bench
dumbbell bench
Chest flyes

Squats
leg press
extensions

push press
seated dumbbell press
lateral raises

It looks good.

That second spot is a nice spot for something like weighted dips on chest day or pull up/chin up variations on back day.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 11:16:39 AM »
im not trying to convince anyone of anything lol this training board just gets kind of quiet and i know that alot of people are looking for new workouts to try so i am contributing on their behalf, and on behalf of the board which could use some more positive traffic..

as for my results.. well after tinkering around for a while  this seems to get the entire chest too grow without overtraining..  i cant do much volume or my muscles wont respond.. so i usually will onlny stimulate growth in a certain region(s), to the exclusion of a region.  this workout fills up my entire chest top to bottom very nicely.
YOU DO HAVE AN INTERESTING TAKE ON TRAINING T,,,,SEEMS LESS SETS WORKS BEST FOR YOU.I LIKE A MIDDLE OF THE ROAD IN TERMS OF VOLUME SOMEWHERE 12-15 LARGER GROUPS,8-10 SMALLER.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 01:52:41 PM »
I really like the Hammer Strength decline press......Sometimes I start the workout with it, sometimes I end the workout with it.

Great exercise!!!

I also love the smith machine press.....but I make sure to use the stops......so I am pressing from a dead stop......absolutely no momentum.....unreal pump!

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 07:29:06 PM »
If you were doing high volume for a while the change to a lower volume program almost always yields results.

Just like after you've been doing this lower volume training for awhile switching to a high volume program will leave you pumped and growing like a weed.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 04:15:07 AM »
If you were doing high volume for a while the change to a lower volume program almost always yields results.

Just like after you've been doing this lower volume training for awhile switching to a high volume program will leave you pumped and growing like a weed.

Yup, I did higher rep pull-ups for a while always doing 10-12 reps a set for 4 or 5 sets and didn't get a lot of growth really
I then switched to weighted pull-ups and programmed it with 5/3/1 and my lats really fucking grew doing set of 1-7 reps and I can now do upwards of 20 pull-ups