Author Topic: full developed chest  (Read 19390 times)

dfresh

• Getbig III
full developed chest
« on: February 22, 2012, 02:43:28 PM »
mine is definitely my lagging body part, ive made some strides but it still needs work. currently training HIT style, with 1-2 warm up sets and 2 working sets to failure. ive tried inclines first, db's for a while, pre-exhaust. currently switching things up and doing incline hammer and decline hammer, 2 sets of each of them and chest is done.

always used to do typical higher volume with 12-20 sets for chest and felt i was doing too much, so i took on the "less is more" approach for the past few months. any advice, maybe i'll learn something new! oh and here are a couple current pics. im about 8 weeks into my first cycle of test e at 500mg btw. the top one is more recent, bottom was 2-3 weeks prior. i feel im leaner in the top one, progress! 8)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: full developed chest
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 04:01:14 PM »
learn how to contract your pecs and focus on doing that, forget about the weight involved. slow on the negative, like at least 3 full seconds, and the powerful on the positive. SQUUEEEZZZE the muscle at peak contraction. do a few different exercises. warm up sets are done in the same fashion as i just described, but only do a few reps with a light weight.  then jump right into your heavy set. aim for 8-12 reps.  stop one rep before hitting failure. just do one good set per exercise.  hit the upper, middle, and lower portion. so three exerices, 3 work sets, is good.  leave the gym with gas left in the tank but a tight, pumped, stimulated chest. hit the muscle again in 3-5 days.  -from personal experience

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:02:55 PM »
I agree... drop your weight for 2-3 weeks and do higher reps and focus on the pec contraction as part of the movement... on chest day, after your workout you should also spent 20-30 minutes posing your pecs (flexing)...

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 04:45:40 PM »
thanks fellas. yea been really focusing on feeling it work as of late, nice slow negatives as mentioned. i was thinking of going to higher reps, maybe 12-15 for a little while. tbomz that you in your avi?!

Rance

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 04:56:35 PM »
you have a lot of fat on the chest. lose some bf and your pecs will look bigger

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 05:04:01 PM »
thanks fellas. yea been really focusing on feeling it work as of late, nice slow negatives as mentioned. i was thinking of going to higher reps, maybe 12-15 for a little while. tbomz that you in your avi?!
thats jay cutler after the 2001 mr. O ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 05:30:57 PM »
::)

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 06:10:18 PM »
thats jay cutler after the 2001 mr. O ;D

haha i see

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 06:11:22 PM »

yes i know this, i dont like to think a lot though :'(

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 06:35:04 PM »
Something Milos had me try was to pause at the bottom for a count of two, not let the bar touch you, just above, then explode up, flat/incline/decline, works pretty good. Oh I forgot, bring the bar to your throat, actually just above. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 06:35:14 PM »
By the looks of your pictures your triceps get the brunt of the work on your pressing movements.

So I would make sure you incorporate some flyes with db's and cables (not cable crossovers). I would also not press on anything less than a slight incline, your lower pecs have more thickness than the upper by quite a bit, thats partially due to your bf% but even if you leaned out the difference would still be noticeable.

Also drop the HIT training for your chest if not completely at least on the flye movements. Some excercises out there just plain dont work for the all out failure sets, flyes are one of them, it will be much easier to focus on form as well as provide more stimulation for your chest.

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 07:31:45 PM »
By the looks of your pictures your triceps get the brunt of the work on your pressing movements.

So I would make sure you incorporate some flyes with db's and cables (not cable crossovers). I would also not press on anything less than a slight incline, your lower pecs have more thickness than the upper by quite a bit, thats partially due to your bf% but even if you leaned out the difference would still be noticeable.

Also drop the HIT training for your chest if not completely at least on the flye movements. Some excercises out there just plain dont work for the all out failure sets, flyes are one of them, it will be much easier to focus on form as well as provide more stimulation for your chest.

currently not doing any flye movements, but yea i may go a little higher in reps. i dont think i wanna go crazy with too many sets though. and im staying away from flat, incline/decline only for a while. and sadly i used to be caught up in the ego thing and lifted too much weight, hence my triceps being nicely developed :-[

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »
You don't have to go crazy with the volume, 3-4 sets of 6-12 reps will do.
I dont think your triceps have that much to do with your ego lifting but more with genetics.
Also I would drop the declines.
 You could do something like this
1. Seated barbell press LOWERING THE BAR TO YOUR UPPER PECS ( I know you will say that it's a shoulder movement but the way everyone ends up doing it looks more like a high incline bench).
2. incline db press on a slight incline
3. incline flyes with db's or cables on a 45° incline

That's it, real simple 3 movements, not too much volume.

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 08:05:11 PM »
You don't have to go crazy with the volume, 3-4 sets of 6-12 reps will do.
I dont think your triceps have that much to do with your ego lifting but more with genetics.
Also I would drop the declines.
 You could do something like this
1. Seated barbell press LOWERING THE BAR TO YOUR UPPER PECS ( I know you will say that it's a shoulder movement but the way everyone ends up doing it looks more like a high incline bench).
2. incline db press on a slight incline
3. incline flyes with db's or cables on a 45° incline

That's it, real simple 3 movements, not too much volume.

hmm interesting... have tossed the idea of doing strictly inclines around before, never committed to it though. and no decline huh, its better than flat i feel(and dorian) lol

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 09:15:46 PM »
hmm interesting... have tossed the idea of doing strictly inclines around before, never committed to it though. and no decline huh, its better than flat i feel(and dorian) lol

Yes it may be better than flat, but in your case seeing that more of your size is in the lower pecs you want to even out your development. Once you get there, then you can bring the declines in.

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 09:22:13 PM »
Yes it may be better than flat, but in your case seeing that more of your size is in the lower pecs you want to even out your development. Once you get there, then you can bring the declines in.

i hear ya brotha. just want a bigger chest lol. i may give this a try though with only inclines for a while and see how it goes

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 11:19:45 PM »
Thanks OP for making this thread and thanks to the people answering it
Very helpful

Cashfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 12:05:06 AM »
Not to derail your thread, but what do you do for shoulders?  It's clear that you have put in work on your arms and chest, but from these shots it looks like your delts are lagging.  Lats drop in nice and low though, showing some promise there.  Keep up the work!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 03:15:09 AM »
Not to derail your thread, but what do you do for shoulders?  It's clear that you have put in work on your arms and chest, but from these shots it looks like your delts are lagging.  Lats drop in nice and low though, showing some promise there.  Keep up the work!

1 lagging muscle group at a time!   :)

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 05:10:11 AM »
Not to derail your thread, but what do you do for shoulders?  It's clear that you have put in work on your arms and chest, but from these shots it looks like your delts are lagging.  Lats drop in nice and low though, showing some promise there.  Keep up the work!

so you think my chest isnt lagging lol, i definitely feel it is?! how can you tell about my lats from those pics lol?  and for shoulders my current routine is db shoulder press, db side lateral raises, rear delt machine, and machine shrugs. thanks for the compliment brotha!

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 05:12:30 AM »
Thanks OP for making this thread and thanks to the people answering it
Very helpful

yea man just trying to get established on here haha

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 05:13:34 AM »
1 lagging muscle group at a time!   :)

haha gee thanks! :P

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 03:38:27 PM »
haha gee thanks! :P

not making fun of you...... just suggesting that you focus on 1 thing at a time... good advice for any task in life

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 04:09:13 PM »
not making fun of you...... just suggesting that you focus on 1 thing at a time... good advice for any task in life

lol na i know, no offense taken bro. chest is getting there, but still a long way to go

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 06:13:07 PM »
lol na i know, no offense taken bro. chest is getting there, but still a long way to go

"think" about it but don't stress... focus and positive thinking always seems to help muscle growth in the same way it seems to help plant growth (probably just a placebo but so what...)