Author Topic: deal turned down.  (Read 504 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
deal turned down.
« on: February 26, 2013, 05:41:27 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: deal turned down.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 05:51:47 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/02/25/i-dont-understand-the-republican-position-on-the-sequester/

compromise is apparently only a democratic thing.

Ezra Klein?

LMFAO!!!!

BTW - are not leftists like yourself always crying for the need to cut the military?  Well, this sequester hits the military hardest so you twinks are getting only what you have begged for for decades. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 07:18:41 AM »
Ezra Klein?

LMFAO!!!!

BTW - are not leftists like yourself always crying for the need to cut the military?  Well, this sequester hits the military hardest so you twinks are getting only what you have begged for for decades.  

This wasn't about the military. Obama did this, banking on the Republicans caving and agreeing to a(nother) tax hike to stop the military from being shanked.

Thus far, it's backfiring on Obama, because the GOP ain't budging. Tom Coburn said on Great Van Strustren show that he didn't agree with the sequester and it's a dumb way to cut spending. But, if this is the ONLY WAY to get Obama and the lefties to start cutting spending, so be it.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 07:31:53 AM »
If compromising is a democratic thing, how come Democrats did not agree or try to compromise with the GOP on the 2 budget plans they presented in the past 3 years?

Why is the onus on the Republicans to agree with everyting Dems come up with?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 08:44:19 AM »
This wasn't about the military. Obama did this, banking on the Republicans caving and agreeing to a(nother) tax hike to stop the military from being shanked.

Thus far, it's backfiring on Obama, because the GOP ain't budging. Tom Coburn said on Great Van Strustren show that he didn't agree with the sequester and it's a dumb way to cut spending. But, if this is the ONLY WAY to get Obama and the lefties to start cutting spending, so be it.

Remind us again why Repubs voted for it and Boehner gloated that he got 98% of what he wanted

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 10:53:22 AM »
If compromising is a democratic thing, how come Democrats did not agree or try to compromise with the GOP on the 2 budget plans they presented in the past 3 years?

the debt ceiling compromise was largely democratic compromise, boner said as straw pointed out that he got 98% of what he wanted. So they compromised 2% and yet you claim it's the other side unwilling to compromise?

The public doesn't want what the GOP are pushing, that's obvious in poll after poll.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 10:55:42 AM »
This is NOT a 2.5% spending cut. It's a 2.5% reduction in Obama's planned spending increase for 2013.

Think of it this way. Instead of Obama getting an 8.5% raise for 2013, now he will only be getting a 6% raise for 2013.

OH THE HORROR!!!!!!  ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 10:56:25 AM »
The Obama Sequester: He Was For It, Before He Was Against It 

President Obama proposes devastating military cuts. . . 

Obama: "I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts, domestic and defense spending"

But now the deceptive Obama blames Congress for the devastating cuts he proposed and demanded to keep! 

Obama got the tax increase he asked for but now won't keep his end of the bargain with the spending cuts to make it a "balanced approach". He won't even cut his corrupt green energy program that has wasted 100s of billions to bankruptcy, kickbacks, crony payoffs and China. 

Republicans gave the tax increase, now tell Obama to keep his word and do a "balanced approach" with the spending cut he promised. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 11:06:55 AM »

The GOP CAN'T compromise with the DEMS for the same reason why DEMS will not compromise with the GOP.

To do so might reduce the stupid LEFT vs. RIGHT paradigmn that keeps your nation divided & distracted from the real issues facing you. By perpetuating this farce, the powers that be distract the people a bit longer while continuing to push their football a little further down the field.
w

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 11:11:05 AM »
The GOP CAN'T compromise with the DEMS for the same reason why DEMS will not compromise with the GOP.

To do so might reduce the stupid LEFT vs. RIGHT paradigmn that keeps your nation divided & distracted from the real issues facing you. By perpetuating this farce, the powers that be distract the people a bit longer while continuing to push their football a little further down the field.

No one cares, you twat.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 11:14:55 AM »
OBAMA: The Sequester Is A 'Pretty Bad Name,' But Its Effects Are Going To Be Even Worse

Brett LoGiurato|11 minutes ago|1,105|8

President Barack Obama gave a stark warning to a shipyard crowd in Newport News, Va., telling them that the coming cuts known as the sequester are a "dumb way to do things."

"This work, along with hundreds of thousands of jobs, are currently in jeopardy because of politics in Washington," Obama said.

The cuts, which will total $1.2 trillion over a 10-year period, are set to begin kicking in on Friday. Obama's speech in Newport News comes in an area that will be disproportionately affected by the defense cuts of the sequester.

Obama called the sequester a "pretty bad name" for the amount of harm they could inflict, warning that their effects could be "even worse" than the name.

"I'm not interested in spin. I'm not interested in playing a blame game," Obama said. "At this point, all I'm interested in is solving problems."

Obama told the crowd that the effects of the sequester won't be felt overnight, but they will become more real the longer they are allowed to stay in place. Obama warned the crowd that 90,000 workers might have to be furloughed if the sequester goes into effect, and he said it could cost more than 10,000 jobs in Virginia alone.

Obama said that people are "rightly concerned" about the deficit and debt, but called the sequester not the right way to approach decreasing either.

"There's a sensible way of doing things, and there's a dumb way of doing things," Obama said, adding that he's willing to negotiate and compromise on programs that include Medicare.

Obama touted Republican Rep. Scott Rigell, who made the trip with him to Virginia. Rigell has called for Republicans to consider new revenues in a deal to avert the sequester.

"I've got to give Scott Rigell credit," he said, noting it's "not always healthy" for a Republican to be with him.

"There are too many Republicans ... who won't compromise an inch when it comes to closing tax loopholes and deductions," Obama said.

Obama's comments came as he faced criticism from House Speaker John Boehner and other Republican leaders for "campaigning" rather than negotiating with them to avert the cuts.

Earlier Tuesday morning, Boehner lashed out at the Democratic-controlled Senate, telling them to "get off their ass" and do something about the sequester. He also charged Obama with using servicemembers as "props."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-sequester-speech-virginia-newport-news-military-cuts-sequestration-2013-2#ixzz2M2BSZ7YD

LMFAO!!!!!!  Another speech. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 05:03:25 PM »

"I'm not interested in spin. I'm not interested in playing a blame game," Obama said. "At this point, all I'm interested in is solving problems."

Shit, he's still in campaign mode.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 06:37:50 PM »

Shit, he's still in campaign mode.

He has been in campaign mode since the inauguration for his FIRST term.

He has done nothing but sit in front of cameras singing sweet songs of death and destruction while blaming everyone but himself. Why isn't he in D.C.? Why is he using local EMT's/Police/Firefighters as props on national TV when they are paid of state/local taxes?

Holy shit.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 06:46:48 PM »
He has been in campaign mode since the inauguration for his FIRST term.

He has done nothing but sit in front of cameras singing sweet songs of death and destruction while blaming everyone but himself. Why isn't he in D.C.? Why is he using local EMT's/Police/Firefighters as props on national TV when they are paid of state/local taxes?

Holy shit.

How old are you? I'm doing a study on how long it takes people to stop being incredulous over politicians (rationally) acting like politicians.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 06:52:00 PM »
How old are you? I'm doing a study on how long it takes people to stop being incredulous over politicians (rationally) acting like politicians.

My incredulity was for effect, I'm really just sadly resigned .

I'm 30 by the way but didn't really start paying attention until I was in my early 20's.