Author Topic: Tips for preparing steak  (Read 15231 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: 10 oz Sirloin cooking suggestions... Chef Adonis, care to chime in??
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2012, 08:15:35 PM »
regarding recipe, u cant use phrases like large onion, that's not hat matters, what matters is what type of onion, and that is a vidalia onion which is the sweetest kind and is therefore best for this recipe. u can get two small vidalias or one big, it doesnt matter the size
Of course size matters you moron.  Onions come in all sizes and if you do not have the correct size, your ratios will be way off and your finished product will either be too saucy or way to onion-y.

And the Texas Grano 502 is the Sweetest Onion you can find, not the Vidalia, although I do love a Vidalia.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2012, 08:16:11 PM »
i spent two minutes to help uunderstand ta is nothing but a liar

and krank, what exactly dont u understand?

go sear steak then put it in broiler

it will burn

broiler put the surface of the steak next to high temp, this carmelizes surface, which is also why u sear a steak. u understand now?

I didnt say that it wouldnt burn if you broiled it.....but searing is placing the item you want to cook ON a surface.

If you have been in the rest biz, you know what an executive chef is right?...also, this guy was a personal chef for a family in Napa Valley.  I think I will take what he says due to his experience...

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2012, 08:16:31 PM »
Another tactic of TA......ignoring his adversaries until they meltdown into a keyboard smashing rage......ingenious!  ;)

No, he's ignoring his adversaries, becuase he's been fibbing.   :o :o :o

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2012, 08:17:29 PM »
I`m just expertly trolling.

Adam86

• Getbig III
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2012, 08:19:59 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2012, 08:20:33 PM »
I didnt say that it wouldnt burn if you broiled it.....but searing is placing the item you want to cook ON a surface.

If you have been in the rest biz, you know what an executive chef is right?...also, this guy was a personal chef for a family in Napa Valley.  I think I will take what he says due to his experience...
Apply85 is a Grade-A moron.  Your advice is top notch and solid Krankenstein and would certainly produce a great steak.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2012, 08:21:31 PM »
No, he's ignoring his adversaries, becuase he's been fibbing.   :o :o :o
::)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2012, 08:21:50 PM »
TA, I gotta say, I looked at pioneer ladies recipes, and her shit looks damn good.  I think i'm going to try out a few.  

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2012, 08:22:37 PM »
lol yes i know what executive chef is, tell me which restaurant, not all places hav ean executive chef

anyways, even gordon ramsey instructs people to oversear steaks. u dont need to have a quarter inch of grey meet at the surface, u just need to carmelize it, butter is best for that, and it can be done at medium heat, u essentially want to do it at the lowest heat that u can in order to have as little grey well done meat in there as u can

ta im telling u i know ur a little fraudster who googles shit all day, whatever the fuck onion u said was the sweetest u got from wikipedia or something, but vidalia is the sweetest onion that almost all restaurants use

and no size doesnt matter, what matters is how much onion u put in there, like i said 2 small onions or 1 big will give u samea mount of onion, what matter is which type of onion, u know what would happen if u used red onion for that recipe? lol

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2012, 08:23:24 PM »
::)

Ok, let's see pics of your Viking and DCS?  I'm calling bullshit.  What makes you think I haven't seen your kitchen before you bought your house?

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2012, 08:39:12 PM »
TA, why so quiet?  ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2012, 08:44:55 PM »
TA, why so quiet?  ::)
I had to take the Greyhounds outside and I just got back. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2012, 08:50:34 PM »
lol yes i know what executive chef is, tell me which restaurant, not all places hav ean executive chef

anyways, even gordon ramsey instructs people to oversear steaks. u dont need to have a quarter inch of grey meet at the surface, u just need to carmelize it, butter is best for that, and it can be done at medium heat, u essentially want to do it at the lowest heat that u can in order to have as little grey well done meat in there as u can

ta im telling u i know ur a little fraudster who googles shit all day, whatever the fuck onion u said was the sweetest u got from wikipedia or something, but vidalia is the sweetest onion that almost all restaurants use

and no size doesnt matter, what matters is how much onion u put in there, like i said 2 small onions or 1 big will give u samea mount of onion, what matter is which type of onion, u know what would happen if u used red onion for that recipe? lol

Why the fuck does it matter what restaurant?  Seriously...I mean, I am not claiming to be a chef of any kind....and I follow the instructions of a guy who has done it.

Have you been to culinary school of any kind?  You claimed to have restaurant experience....spill it.  Name the restaurants you worked at and when.

I love gordon ramsey and he has two videos of cooking ribeye...and another on searing and finishing in oven.  I follow them to a t

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »
I had to take the Greyhounds outside and I just got back. 

Okay then, were you fibbing about your DCS and Viking or not?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2012, 08:59:02 PM »
Okay then, were you fibbing about your DCS and Viking or not?
If you want me to be, than I am.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2012, 09:00:14 PM »
If you want me to be, than I am.

So you're not denying you're a liar then?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2012, 09:00:30 PM »
But yes, I like them both a lot.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2012, 09:01:41 PM »
So you're not denying you're a liar then?
Nope.  I have both, but feel free to make up your own mind.  Maybe I will make another thread with pictures for fun.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2012, 09:01:50 PM »
u should not follow them to a t, i like him too, very good, but his thing is to get his name on recipes like his idol marco pierre white

i never worked in a restaurant, some of my best firneds happened to be very good chefs, they happened to be looking or investors when i had money to invest, fill in the blank

isnt it refreshing for u to read my posts lol, isnt there a vein of truth running through them, i when i read someoen who isnt bullshittign in a room full of bullshitters, its liek taking my eyes off a pile of shit and onto a beaiutiful woman,

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2012, 09:04:50 PM »
Nope.  I have both, but feel free to make up your own mind.  Maybe I will make another thread with pictures for fun.

Please do, or would you like me to post pictures of your kitchens for you?  You said your house came with a DCS and Viking when you bought it?  Double oven?  Like I said, what makes you think I haven't seen your house when it was for sale?  I don't recall it having a DCS or Viking.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2012, 09:06:45 PM »
Not to sound gay,but I`ve known the dude for 10 years from the boards....real good guy and an owning machine.

His schtick is to get people riled up,and he is great at it......look at apply85.....Adam`s loving this shit!!  ;D

OK,I`ll take my tongue out of his ass now,but he is a good guy.

I know he is. I just like to take shots when I can  ;D

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2012, 09:11:13 PM »
u should not follow them to a t, i like him too, very good, but his thing is to get his name on recipes like his idol marco pierre white

i never worked in a restaurant, some of my best firneds happened to be very good chefs, they happened to be looking or investors when i had money to invest, fill in the blank

isnt it refreshing for u to read my posts lol, isnt there a vein of truth running through them, i when i read someoen who isnt bullshittign in a room full of bullshitters, its liek taking my eyes off a pile of shit and onto a beaiutiful woman,

The follow to the t is a relative thing....i dont sit there and make sure that I have exactly 1 tbl of salt.....or somethign else....but technique

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2012, 09:13:57 PM »
I know he is. I just like to take shots when I can  ;D
I hear you bro.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2012, 09:14:22 PM »
Oh just go here you over stuffed peppercorns.
a