Author Topic: Rare photos of early Nasser, 1989  (Read 25498 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Rare photos of early Nasser, 1989
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2012, 12:30:22 PM »
X2  ;D

Not for Nasser , he was totally disrespected by Flex , Flex let him know ' you're not in my league ' ' this is MY stage '

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2012, 01:06:01 PM »
RLS

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2012, 01:10:47 PM »
Another pic I haven't seen posted before. 1999 Arnold Classic.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2012, 01:16:04 PM »
RLS

Ouch , poor Nasser taking a drubbing  :-\  his back looks like a sheet of glass

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »
Not for Nasser , he was totally disrespected by Flex , Flex let him know ' you're not in my league ' ' this is MY stage '

flex looked arrogant and wanted to separate himself from the others but he looked like an asshole and nasser with a good temper pushed him till at the end he made him look weak especially when both hit the mm :-X

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2012, 01:29:14 PM »
flex looked arrogant and wanted to separate himself from the others but he looked like an asshole and nasser with a good temper pushed him till at the end he made him look weak especially when both hit the mm :-X

It's not arrogance when you can back it up and Flex did because he won the show  ;) and BTW Flex wins that shot

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2012, 01:35:09 PM »
It's not arrogance when you can back it up and Flex did because he won the show  ;) and BTW Flex wins that shot

Flex destroyed Nasser in that show, he looked great.

Nasser looked like an idiot when flex was mocking him, he didn't get it, and stood like like an oaf..."look how big i am...ugh"

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2012, 01:50:04 PM »
Flex destroyed Nasser in that show, he looked great.

Nasser looked like an idiot when flex was mocking him, he didn't get it, and stood like like an oaf..."look how big i am...ugh"

Yeah I was embarrassed for Nasser  :-\

guy got completely outclassed

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2012, 06:16:16 PM »
Yeah I was embarrassed for Nasser  :-\

guy got completely outclassed

and that's a GOOD shot of Nasser's back....LOL

All kidding aside Nasser was a great BBer and deserves to be placed among the all time greats, the guy was huge and hard. i give him shit but he was one of the best ever. he's from the era of the best BBers of all time

just felt i had to say that

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2012, 06:35:54 PM »

All kidding aside Nasser was a great BBer and deserves to be placed among the all time greats, the guy was huge and hard. i give him shit but he was one of the best ever. he's from the era of the best BBers of all time

Ok, you got your disclaimer in, back to bashing Nasser.  ;D

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2012, 10:31:10 PM »

gronk > sev

;D

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2012, 10:36:52 PM »
the funny thing is that some guys here see nasser's weak points very clearly and even exaggerate things and create additional nonexistent weak points for him but in the other hand they dont see or dont like to talk about other great bbrs weak points!!..

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2012, 12:53:25 AM »
IMO non of them was close to this level!!..

IMO,

Vince taylor looks better there...

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2012, 12:55:12 AM »
post a single FDB comparison between ray and nasser where ray is better!!..

Reply #114

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2012, 01:10:39 AM »

Less than 50% master of the overstatement  ::)

This is the ONLY pose from the front that Nasser had one of the best of and he beat Ronnie and Flex at
but not yates

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2012, 02:04:06 AM »
IMO,

Vince taylor looks better there...

imo,

if v. taylor heard this he would laugh :-X

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2012, 02:42:52 AM »
Its all about personal views and opinions with objectiveness

For example Nasser had very big well developed legs, but they did not look as balnced as yates' due to his long torso and short legs

You may disagree

Ray had a flawless double bi and side chest, both strong poses for nasser, IMO ray looked better. Taking into account ray overlapped generations, ray could do a vaccum, in nassers era that's an impossibility for the top guys. I'm not saying nasser should do a vaccum, I'm saying ray could go toe to toe with nasser, and ray competed against what, like 6 or 7 mr olympias in his career, ray was in a different class

You may disagree

Objectively, and I can say this objectively, because I feel both guys were top bbers in their own right, and not a fanatical fan of either, never, ever did nasser look better than flex. Its an impossibility. Its structural, genetic, and just impossible. Only thing he could get over on flex is conditioning, if flex was off.

You may disagree

Its all about perspective

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2012, 03:27:24 AM »
Its all about personal views and opinions with objectiveness

For example Nasser had very big well developed legs, but they did not look as balnced as yates' due to his long torso and short legs

You may disagree

Ray had a flawless double bi and side chest, both strong poses for nasser, IMO ray looked better. Taking into account ray overlapped generations, ray could do a vaccum, in nassers era that's an impossibility for the top guys. I'm not saying nasser should do a vaccum, I'm saying ray could go toe to toe with nasser, and ray competed against what, like 6 or 7 mr olympias in his career, ray was in a different class

You may disagree

Objectively, and I can say this objectively, because I feel both guys were top bbers in their own right, and not a fanatical fan of either, never, ever did nasser look better than flex. Its an impossibility. Its structural, genetic, and just impossible. Only thing he could get over on flex is conditioning, if flex was off.

You may disagree

Its all about perspective
Yip good Post, everything is in the eye of the Beholder, i think the actual one pose Nasser did look Exceptional in for a Massive Guy was the Ab and Thigh in THAT shot arguably one of the Best ever of anyone over 260lbs, However agreed his Front double Bicep while Massive and Conditioned imo his Somewhat short Quads in Relation to his Upper half Ruin the OVERALL effect of the shot Impressive yes, unbeatable no, when Flex was in Shape his FDB and BDB was one of the Best of them all.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2012, 04:27:50 AM »
Yip good Post, everything is in the eye of the Beholder, i think the actual one pose Nasser did look Exceptional in for a Massive Guy was the Ab and Thigh in THAT shot arguably one of the Best ever of anyone over 260lbs, However agreed his Front double Bicep while Massive and Conditioned imo his Somewhat short Quads in Relation to his Upper half Ruin the OVERALL effect of the shot Impressive yes, unbeatable no, when Flex was in Shape his FDB and BDB was one of the Best of them all.

Nasser had a great ab/thigh, especially for a 260-280lb competitor like you say. Really good.

Flex at his best, everyone was looking to win 2nd place.
In 93 many feel he couldve won, and he may have, if he'd shown up like at the Ironman and AC, but yates was hard, big and the champ

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2012, 05:01:49 AM »
Nasser had a great ab/thigh, especially for a 260-280lb competitor like you say. Really good.

Flex at his best, everyone was looking to win 2nd place.
In 93 many feel he couldve won, and he may have, if he'd shown up like at the Ironman and AC, but yates was hard, big and the champ

Yates beating Flex in 93 was the last nail in the coffin of bodybuilding. Yates beating Levrone and Labrada in 92 is debatable.

Nasser's ab and thigh was legit and it was actually a weak pose for Flex but Ray and Flex are both far better put togeather than old googly eye, Nasser looked impressive because of the mass, if you take that away you aren't left with that much.
Trans Milkshake.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2012, 06:58:11 AM »
Yates beating Flex in 93 was the last nail in the coffin of bodybuilding. Yates beating Levrone and Labrada in 92 is debatable.

Nasser's ab and thigh was legit and it was actually a weak pose for Flex but Ray and Flex are both far better put togeather than old googly eye, Nasser looked impressive because of the mass, if you take that away you aren't left with that much.

Labrada was great, one of my all time favourites, but too small to stand next to yates. Levrone was a rookie then

I liked young nasser. Good shape and flow. But obviously not good enough for going up against ray and company

People do not realize the quality guys like labrada, ray, gaspari had. Because they're smaller they get dismissed. They were unbelievable, and it took a monster (at the time) with quality to beat them - Haney.
From 88-91 in the GPs and other shows, labrada was the man outside the olympia, all the pros respected the guy physique and professionalism-wise

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2012, 07:51:18 AM »
let me point something out to some of you.  some of you like to say nasser has short legs and long torso, none of you actually see this, you just say you do because you heard someone else say it.  Now to the point.

long torso gives the illusion of narrow torso/waist.  short legs gives the illusion of thick legs.  so by some peoples logic a thick waist and small legs is more desirable.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2012, 09:12:49 AM »
let me point something out to some of you.  some of you like to say nasser has short legs and long torso, none of you actually see this, you just say you do because you heard someone else say it.  Now to the point.

long torso gives the illusion of narrow torso/waist.  short legs gives the illusion of thick legs.  so by some peoples logic a thick waist and small legs is more desirable.

I believe Groink was the 1st to point out in this thread re the leg/torso ratio

However, as one can see from attached pic, its quite evident

A long torso/short legs, especially when quads are very big, looks unappealing, not very pleasing to the eye, bad flow
Other bbers like priest, dearth, mattarazzo also had short legs/long torsos

It makes him look bottom heavy, squat, disproportionate  

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2012, 10:37:30 AM »
Wheeler's front double bi (or any shot where his arms are raised - show a glaring weakness - how narrow his lats are.  Classic T-taper on his front double bi-shot.  Laughable that some people think that's better than Nasser's.

The whole "long torso short legs" is just an excuse used by people trying to find reasons to discredit Nasser's physique.  The only difference in Nasser and Dorian's torso is Nasser's had a tighter waist, and legs were more massive than Dorian's.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2012, 10:58:29 AM »
Wheeler's front double bi (or any shot where his arms are raised - show a glaring weakness - how narrow his lats are.  Classic T-taper on his front double bi-shot.  Laughable that some people think that's better than Nasser's.

The whole "long torso short legs" is just an excuse used by people trying to find reasons to discredit Nasser's physique.  The only difference in Nasser and Dorian's torso is Nasser's had a tighter waist, and legs were more massive than Dorian's.

In the above pic I see nasser struggling to hold his gut in check, and legs disproportionately large and due to their squat appearance looking odd(stupid actually)