Author Topic: Where does Peyton Manning land?  (Read 5044 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Where does Peyton Manning land?
« on: March 10, 2012, 10:18:37 AM »
I say Miami, if he can take Reggie Wayne with him.

Other good fits would be Houston and SF.  Doesn't look like my Niners are interested, but I'd take him in a heartbeat. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Where does Peyton Manning land?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:01:58 AM »
I like him in either the chiefs or broncos both of which have defenses that a twice as good as the colts have had in years.

I think the broncos have a little more fire power on offense for him to deal with but magehee(spelling?) is getting older and i dont think he has another season like last year in him.

Miami would probably be a good fit with fasano, marshall, bush and if wayne came over then they would have a pretty high power offense.

Either way I hope he is healthy and productive he will be one of my fantasy keepers this year and I will use him as trade bait since I have brady also.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:11:22 AM »
You think the Broncos have firepower?  I don't see that.  Their skill position players stink. 

Miami also has Bess.  Marshall, Wayne, Bess, Fasano, and Bush in a three wideout set would be pretty darn good. 

Just a couple years ago you'd be facing a federal investigation if you had Brady and Manning on your FF team.   :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 03:00:55 PM »
You think the Broncos have firepower?  I don't see that.  Their skill position players stink. 

Miami also has Bess.  Marshall, Wayne, Bess, Fasano, and Bush in a three wideout set would be pretty darn good. 

Just a couple years ago you'd be facing a federal investigation if you had Brady and Manning on your FF team.   :)
Demaryus Thomas(spelling?) is as good or better than any receiver the dolphins have in my opinion. Marshall hasnt done anything to impress me in seasons and bess is a solid number 2 but he isnt a number 1 Id kill to have a number 2 like him on the Texans.

I think magahee and bush are pretty much a wash both injury prone and what magahee lacks in speed he makes up for in power.

they also have decker who reminds me alot of collie, so you bring wayne over and boom to me pretty decent offense with a better defense.

Hahah he got dropped last season and I scooped and picked him up knowing that we were going to keep 3 or 4 players.

So brady, manning, ray rice, and either antonio brown, peyton hillis, vernon davis or the ravens def for my fourth...

I think I set myself up pretty nicely for a repeat ;)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:16:26 PM »
  Doesn't look like my Niners are interested, but I'd take him in a heartbeat. 

I can't figure out what the Niners are doing/planning. They already offered Smith a multi-year contract which Smith isn't happy with (Smith should be happy anyone offered him a contract IMO...I just don't think he's the guy to get us, or anyone for that matter, to the big game).

The Peyton sweepstakes aren't really showing the Niners on the radar. From either Peyton or the Niners side. Tony Dungy said the Niners are the best fit. Other people say Denver or Miami. No matter where Peyton goes, I think he's going to instantly make the team a contender if he's healthy.

I still don't get why Harbaugh is showing so much interest/patience with Smith, especially now having more time than last year to possibly get someone else. Is it a smoke screen of sorts?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 06:41:56 PM »
I still don't get why Harbaugh is showing so much interest/patience with Smith

harbaugh has a huge f'ing ego. I get the sense that he wants to be "the guy" is san fran.

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 05:05:08 AM »
Probably Miami but I'd prefer AZ.  More stability there and Larry Fitzgerald.  It would be nice if he brought Jeff Saturday and Reggie Wayne. 
Come at me Bro!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 09:36:44 AM »
bronchos seem to have the inside  edge to acquire manning with tebow goimg to jacksonville. randy moss works out with 49 ers.
F

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »
Why would Peyton pass up the chance to throw to a future hall of famer like Larry Fitzgerald?? Not only that, but play 8 home games in a climate controlled facility.

Whisenhunt would give Peyton almost complete autonomy to run the offense.

Fox for Denver is a defensive minded coach. He should choose Arizona if he wants to win now.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 03:33:34 PM »
Why would Peyton pass up the chance to throw to a future hall of famer like Larry Fitzgerald?? Not only that, but play 8 home games in a climate controlled facility.

Whisenhunt would give Peyton almost complete autonomy to run the offense.

Fox for Denver is a defensive minded coach. He should choose Arizona if he wants to win now.

This does make sense on a few levels. Peyton played in a dome in Indy his entire career. Denver is a cold weather stadium to which Manning has played in but not at home on a regular basis and towards a playoff game with home field advantage.

Anywhere Peyton goes, however, he will make the team a contender. Denver did better than AZ last year but with Peytons help those roles could easily be reversed and then some.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 08:07:41 AM »
This does make sense on a few levels. Peyton played in a dome in Indy his entire career. Denver is a cold weather stadium to which Manning has played in but not at home on a regular basis and towards a playoff game with home field advantage.

Anywhere Peyton goes, however, he will make the team a contender. Denver did better than AZ last year but with Peytons help those roles could easily be reversed and then some.

I just think it makes the most sense for Peyton. Whether it makes sense for Arizona is a different story since they invested a lot of money in Kevin Kolb. If they cut Kolb, they take a hit on their salary cap. If they keep him, they can't afford to have two highly paid Qb's on the roster.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 11:20:28 PM »
bronchos seem to have the inside  edge to acquire manning with tebow goimg to jacksonville. randy moss works out with 49 ers.
Where did you hear Tebow is going to jacksonville?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 12:15:15 AM »
Manning has narrowed it down to two teams.  Broncos or Titans.

I gotta say, I had the best fucking time watching Tebow last year, I'm not sure I like the idea of getting Manning.  I kinda hope he goes to the Titans and we see what Tebow can do this next year.  Manning only has a couple years left.  I'd rather see Tebow develop than take the chance that Manning will get us there.  Last year was awesome and we didn't even go to the superbowl lol

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20166207/peyton-manning-has-broncos-among-top-two-choices

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 01:24:58 AM »
Simple things are...

He will never go to an NFC East team... Not going to play his bro twice a year (maybe 3 if both make the playoffs).

He will not go to a COMPLETELY shit team.

He will most LIKELY stay in the AFC so as not to meet his bro until a superbowl matchup.

With that, best possibles are:

Miami, Denver, Tennessee.

Hugo says he's eliminated Miami, and that may be true, but I think that's REALLY his best fit, with Tennesee immediately after.

Will Peyton be the first ever Superbowl winning quarter back to win with a SECOND team... We shall see.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 05:56:14 AM »
Marshall is off to Chicago.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 12:42:51 PM »
Manning has narrowed it down to two teams.  Broncos or Titans.

I gotta say, I had the best fucking time watching Tebow last year, I'm not sure I like the idea of getting Manning.  I kinda hope he goes to the Titans and we see what Tebow can do this next year.  Manning only has a couple years left.  I'd rather see Tebow develop than take the chance that Manning will get us there.  Last year was awesome and we didn't even go to the superbowl lol

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20166207/peyton-manning-has-broncos-among-top-two-choices

haha...Tebow over Manning?? If Manning is healthy and back to his old self, so long Tebow.....Doesn't matter if Manning is only good for the next couple of years or not.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 02:19:48 PM »
haha...Tebow over Manning?? If Manning is healthy and back to his old self, so long Tebow.....Doesn't matter if Manning is only good for the next couple of years or not.
I was just posting on my personal preference, not what would happen.  I sure wouldn't flip out over Manning if we get him. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 01:51:06 AM »
Gotta say I don't like what Tennessee has done trying to get Manning...  They have painted it like he will be a Judas if he doesn't sign with the Titans.  That's a little fucked up.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »
Where did you hear Tebow is going to jacksonville?
ESPN but it was just a rumour if manning deal happens.
F

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 03:15:36 PM »
Seems that the Niners are back in the mix

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 04:28:23 PM »
Gotta say I don't like what Tennessee has done trying to get Manning...  They have painted it like he will be a Judas if he doesn't sign with the Titans.  That's a little fucked up.
he will do better in denver imho better all around team around him, although the O line didnt look that great last year and the titans did.

It would be a big bump for the titans especially with all the experience he has in the AFC south

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2012, 06:49:54 PM »
Seems that the Niners are back in the mix

They were always suspiciously quiet, maintaining a behind the scenes stature that made me think they were looking at him (if you look at how Harbough does things, he's always on the down low).

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 09:48:49 AM »
Glad to see the Niners at least considering Peyton.  They would be crazy not to try.  I'm a little ambivalent about the Niners signing Moss, but with Davis, Crabtree, Gore, and at least one other FA WR, Manning would have a great supporting cast. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 11:15:48 AM »
I personally think Denver is a horrible fit.  Bad o-line, if they couldn't keep Tebow upright, they have zero chance with Manning who isn't fleet of foot.  Plus a year of learning a running scheme now scrapped....not to mention they have very mediocre WR's outside of possibly developing D. Thomas. 

I'm on board with SF over Tenn.  They have WAY more overall talent around him and I think he would work well with Harbaugh.  If Alex Smith almost got them to the Bowl, what could Manning do?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2012, 02:39:56 PM »
I bet he goes to San Fran.