Author Topic: Gold Talks & Fiat Paper Currencies Walk...  (Read 49900 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Gold Talks & Fiat Paper Currencies Walk...
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2012, 07:43:11 PM »
what are you talkning about?

jagson told me that the reason gas was at all time highs this year over the last few was b/c the dollar had depreciated and that I should buy gold that she will hold for me to help stave off starvation when the US goes to shit?

how can this be???

Perhaps its magic?  Or karma has finally caught up with the Evil USA.

All i know is i am finding out what ever position is best, placing myself there, popping pills in the gas tank, and praying for forgiveness for my sin of being an American.   

That's my story and i am sticking to it.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2012, 10:48:15 PM »
The Dangers of an Interventionist Fed
A century of experience shows that rules lead to prosperity and discretion leads to trouble.
BY JOHN B. TAYLOR
America has now had nearly a century of decision-making experience under the Federal Reserve Act, first passed in 1913. Thanks to careful empirical research by Milton Friedman, Anna Schwartz and Allan Meltzer, we have plenty of evidence that rules-based monetary policies work and unpredictable discretionary policies don't. Now is the time to act on that evidence.

The Fed's mistake of slowing money growth at the onset of the Great Depression is well-known. And from the mid-1960s through the '70s, the Fed intervened with discretionary go-stop changes in money growth that led to frequent recessions, high unemployment, low economic growth, and high inflation,

In contrast, through much of the 1980s and '90s and into the past decade the Fed ran a more predictable, rules-based policy with a clear price-stability goal. This eventually led to lower unemployment, lower interest rates, longer expansions, and stronger economic growth.

Unfortunately the Fed has returned to its discretionary, unpredictable ways, and the results are not good. Starting in 2003-05 it held interest rates too low for too long and thereby encouraged excessive risk taking and the housing boom. It then overshot the needed increase in interest rates, which worsened the bust. Now, with inflation and the economy picking up, the Fed is again veering into "too low for too long" territory. Policy indicators suggest the need for higher interest rates, while the Fed signals a zero rate through 2014.

It is difficult to overstate the extraordinary nature of the recent interventions, ...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303816504577307403971824094.html
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2012, 02:07:44 PM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-03/dollar-appreciates-as-u-s-adds-more-jobs-damping-fed-s-easing-outlook.html

Dam liars.  :D

Your link is 2 months old. The few pennies increase was the result of what?... a concerted co-ordinated effort by central banks to smash the price of gold. This in turn produced a 'sale' on gold prices, at that time, allowing people like me to pick it up at bargain basement prices.
And guess who else gets gold on sale then, ...yep, you guessed it... Central Banks!

Gotta love these market manipulators. On the one hand, they want to suppress the price of gold in order to make the counterfeit funny money they're able to create out of thin air more desireable for the masses, ...so they smash the price of GOLD. But at the same time, they're desperate to get their hands on the yellow metal as well to refill their empty coffers, and like a woman after my own heart, they too can't resist a good sale

The manipulation doesn't last long though, ...but that's ok. It lasts long enough for me and others to make our moves, because our suppliers' prices lag the market by 24 hrs. Hindsight is always 20/20 and when we see what GOLD does today, ...we know what our prices will be tomorrow.  :)

So far today GOLD is up over $12, which makes today an ideal buying day for us, because we're still on yesterday's prices, and we know tomorrows prices will increase, just like when we see market prices drop, we know we can wait to purchase knowing our supplier's prices will also go down the next day.

Each day/s market spot price increase simply reflects depreciation in the dollar.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2012, 02:29:07 PM »
Perhaps its magic?  Or karma has finally caught up with the Evil USA.

All i know is i am finding out what ever position is best, placing myself there, popping pills in the gas tank, and praying for forgiveness for my sin of being an American.   

That's my story and i am sticking to it.

Thanks for that laugh OzmO... That is a very wise course of action indeed. And OzmO, ...you in particular need to pray even harder.  ;)

The Dangers of an Interventionist Fed
A century of experience shows that rules lead to prosperity and discretion leads to trouble.
BY JOHN B. TAYLOR

...Unfortunately the Fed has returned to its discretionary, unpredictable ways, and the results are not good. Starting in 2003-05 it held interest rates too low for too long and thereby encouraged excessive risk taking and the housing boom. It then overshot the needed increase in interest rates, which worsened the bust. Now, with inflation and the economy picking up, the Fed is again veering into "too low for too long" territory. Policy indicators suggest the need for higher interest rates, while the Fed signals a zero rate through 2014.

It is difficult to overstate the extraordinary nature of the recent interventions, ...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303816504577307403971824094.html

Well looks like even the Wall Street Journal thinks Fed Monetary policy is at fault

The verdict is clearly in!
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2012, 04:28:34 PM »
its pointless debating a person who not only is willing to be ignorant but also has an agenda in pushing that ignorance...

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2012, 04:34:26 PM »
its pointless debating a person who not only is willing to be ignorant but also has an agenda in pushing that ignorance...

Samson is one delusional bird. 

Canada sucks.

Not even enough clout in the entertainment business to get on Hollywood Squares.

And Canada sucks.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2012, 05:29:29 PM »

That's why I choose to no longer debate with you.

I refuse to argue with stupid ignorant people, ...especially those like you who actually take pride in that ignorance.
You'll just drag me down to your level, ..and then beat me with your experience.

Have fun... by the way... I'm still rooting for you to get those co-ed locker rooms you've had your heart set on for so long.  :D
w

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2012, 05:49:58 PM »
Post of the year goes to Tony.

He made Samson/Jag/BettyB/24KT submit a post that:

1. contained no links
2. was less than 1,000 words
3. didn't try to sell gas pills, women's empowerment by shopping, or gold
4. had only one emoticon

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2012, 06:03:28 PM »
Canada Sucks alright ...like a Hoover Vacuum cleaner!

We sucked big time, ...when we skillfully launched & executed a currency war against you... right out in the open.
We devalued our currency 40% against yours, and sucked the money & jobs right out of your country, paid down our deficit and skyrocketted our exports. We kept it up for 2 decades, and y'all didn't even see it happening. LOL! ...IN YOUR FACE BABY!!! You just pounded your chests chanting we're #1, fooling yourselves into thinking everything was great. Now you and the rest of the world think you can try that same strategy, Ha!
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2012, 06:07:02 PM »
Post of the year goes to Tony.

He made Samson/Jag/BettyB/24KT submit a post that:

1. contained no links
2. was less than 1,000 words
3. didn't try to sell gas pills, women's empowerment by shopping, or gold
4. had only one emoticon

OK, I will grant him that one. lol.

w

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
Canada Sucks alright ...like a Hoover Vacuum cleaner!

We sucked big time, ...when we skillfully launched & executed a currency war against you... right out in the open.
We devalued our currency 40% against yours, and sucked the money & jobs right out of your country, paid down our deficit and skyrocketted our exports. We kept it up for 2 decades, and y'all didn't even see it happening. LOL! ...IN YOUR FACE BABY!!! You just pounded your chests chanting we're #1, fooling yourselves into thinking everything was great. Now you and the rest of the world think you can try that same strategy, Ha!

that is why Americans are leaving in droves for Canada

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2012, 08:11:53 AM »
that is why Americans are leaving in droves for Canada

Just the smart ones who are even qualified enough to get landed immigrant status. I meet a ton of them all the time.

Many others are going to South America & Australia. Pretty soon the borders will be closed and many Americans will not be permitted to leave the country though.
w

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2012, 09:04:31 AM »
Just the smart ones who are even qualified enough to get landed immigrant status. I meet a ton of them all the time.

Many others are going to South America & Australia. Pretty soon the borders will be closed and many Americans will not be permitted to leave the country though.

Oh dear you're an idiot. Canada is more dependent on America than America is to Canada.
Abandon every hope...

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2012, 02:08:43 PM »

You're as delusional as a "natural bodybuilder."

If you meet these "tons" of smart, talented people, why can't you get even one of them to help you find a real job or at least get back into B-grade movies instead of shilling crap "products" and "services" on a bodybuilding website?

An "iron curtain" around the USA... oh, brother   ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2012, 07:53:59 PM »
Oh dear you're an idiot. Canada is more dependent on America than America is to Canada.

When did I ever say Canada was not dependent on the USA?
With over 70% of our exports going to the USA, we're very dependent on the USA to buy our goods.
We are in a very perilous situation because soon your country will not be able to buy much of anything.

Your country is so cash strapped and sooo desperate to take the most amount of money it can from you that they have now passed a bill, ...one that passed overwhelmingly in the senate. Bill 1813 will revoke your passport if you are more than 50K behind on your taxes, and were not in some type of repayment agreement.

There are millions of Americans that fall into that category.

They view you as a tax slave a cash cow to be milked & milked, just a revenue source for the state.

If you are behind in your student loans, no transcripts, they are held for ransom.

There is no statute of limitations on student loans. they will chase you to the grave to collect.
I can't help but think there is something perverse about a system that puts a statute of limitations on rape, but will restrict your right to travel, or will hunt granny to the grave for an outstanding student loan.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2012, 08:05:08 PM »
Got a nice delivery of silver Canadian maple leafs , US Silver Eagles, and Copper Ron Pauls as well as Austrian Philharmonics today - in hand. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2012, 08:23:58 PM »
If you are behind in your student loans, no transcripts, they are held for ransom.

There is no statute of limitations on student loans. they will chase you to the grave to collect.
I can't help but think there is something perverse about a system that puts a statute of limitations on rape, but will restrict your right to travel, or will hunt granny to the grave for an outstanding student loan.
according to you hyper inflation is here, you do know that inflation is a good thing for those in alot of debt right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2012, 08:35:40 PM »
Problem w inflation is that it rarely ever results in higher wages to workers to pay off TJE higher. Pices and debts as they are too far removed from the money creation scam. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2012, 05:09:31 AM »
Problem w inflation is that it rarely ever results in higher wages to workers to pay off TJE higher. Pices and debts as they are too far removed from the money creation scam. 
Agreed.
Inflation never coincides with a comparative increase in wage, so in effect every year peoples wages go down. Its like every year you dont get a raise, youre actually getting a pay cut. The debt thing would make sense if people were making more money every year to coincide with the inflation - as effectively the debt would be smaller and smaller every year - but thats not really how it turns out in reality. In reality, people wind up paying more and more for their everyday items while not making anymore money, which results in less money that they can put towards their debt. That results in people not being able to pay their bills and still live, which makes Inflation crushing to the blue-collar worker.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2012, 05:18:33 AM »
Agreed.
Inflation never coincides with a comparative increase in wage, so in effect every year peoples wages go down. Its like every year you dont get a raise, youre actually getting a pay cut. The debt thing would make sense if people were making more money every year to coincide with the inflation - as effectively the debt would be smaller and smaller every year - but thats not really how it turns out in reality. In reality, people wind up paying more and more for their everyday items while not making anymore money, which results in less money that they can put towards their debt. That results in people not being able to pay their bills and still live, which makes Inflation crushing to the blue-collar worker.

Don't know about you - but the central planners in DC don't seem to grasp this concept do they?  This is why the utopian statists like obama, Krugman, Bush, Kerry, Pelosi, Bernake, are so dangerous.   They promise all sorts of utopian bs financed by debt and the only way to cover over their failures is to borrow and inflate even more!

w8m8

« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2012, 05:33:45 AM »
Bill 1813 will revoke your passport if you are more than 50K behind on your taxes, and were not in some type of repayment agreement.

There are millions of Americans that fall into that category.

They view you as a tax slave a cash cow to be milked & milked, just a revenue source for the state.

owing taxes and not paying back money lent for student loans doesn't seem like it matters to you  ???

you have a skewed sense of responsibility .. but then again you have a skewed sense of many things

owing anyone money for anything and thinking that if you wait it out long enough it should be considered a forgiven debt is just an irresponsible and disgusting thought process

good god you make asinine statements

there's no denying that there are people in this world that are out for anything they can get from others instead of being an upstanding person and doing what is right and not looking to take advantage of anyone else for their own prosperity .. they are not people of integrity and in fact are deviants that have self absorbed egos and think they are above the standard person that wants to be honest ..that work and pay for what they get without trying to get away with schemes that can be to their own benefit in perverse ways

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2012, 01:35:11 AM »

owing taxes and not paying back money lent for student loans doesn't seem like it matters to you  ???

you have a skewed sense of responsibility .. but then again you have a skewed sense of many things

owing anyone money for anything and thinking that if you wait it out long enough it should be considered a forgiven debt is just an irresponsible and disgusting thought process

good god you make asinine statements

there's no denying that there are people in this world that are out for anything they can get from others instead of being an upstanding person and doing what is right and not looking to take advantage of anyone else for their own prosperity .. they are not people of integrity and in fact are deviants that have self absorbed egos and think they are above the standard person that wants to be honest ..that work and pay for what they get without trying to get away with schemes that can be to their own benefit in perverse ways

sniff sniff... what's that smell? Oh ya, ...the distinctively disgusting stench of pork!

You might want to re-read my statement. looks to me like the only one skewing anything is you.

I didn't say it was ok not to pay back money lent. I said there was something perverse about a system that puts a statute of limitations on rape, but will restrict your right to travel, or will hunt granny to the grave for an outstanding student loan.
w

w8m8

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2012, 03:56:59 AM »
sniff sniff... what's that smell? Oh ya, ...the distinctively disgusting stench of pork!

You might want to re-read my statement. looks to me like the only one skewing anything is you.

I didn't say it was ok not to pay back money lent. I said there was something perverse about a system that puts a statute of limitations on rape, but will restrict your right to travel, or will hunt granny to the grave for an outstanding student loan.

you brought that smell with your return  8)

it's always fresh and new smelling when you're not here

your word "ransom" and saying "hunt granny to the grave" clearly shows what you think

no matter .. at your age people tend to forget things they say and always continue to repeat the same thing they've already spoken about a million times

it's either beginning stage of dementia or spamming that drives you to be on a bb board and incessantly post about your latest get rich quick schemes

we'll go with spamming since you even scatter the nonsense to the Nutrition board

you are relentless with your advertising desires

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2012, 08:30:45 PM »
http://the-moneychanger.com/answers/ten_commandments_for_buying_gold_and_silver

Pretty good article here. 

I have been buying more silver than gold since gold ties up more of your wealth in smaller coinsm etc.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2012, 11:05:36 PM »
http://the-moneychanger.com/answers/ten_commandments_for_buying_gold_and_silver

Pretty good article here.  

I have been buying more silver than gold since gold ties up more of your wealth in smaller coinsm etc.

I absolutely agree with the general principles outlined in those 10 Commandments below except IV:

Ten Commandments for Buying Gold and Silver
I.Always take delivery.
II.Never buy premium if you can avoid it.
III.Buy bullion for business, numismatics for fun.
IV.Buy silver first, then gold.
V.Buy small gold first, then large.
VI.Never buy exotic coins or modern rarities or anything you don't understand.
VII.Know your dealer.
VIII.What governments can't find, they can't steal.
IX.Never swap bullion coins for U.S. $20 gold pieces.
X.Never break the law.

However, I disagree with some of their answers to their FAQs.

For one, I don't believe people should be buying government issued gold. I prefer the term acquiring as opposed to buying, because I don't really consider it buying gold. I view it as an exchange of (bad money) for (good money). Taking one form of currency that is subject to all sorts of counter party risk (ie: inflation, devaluation, government promises, government debt, etc.,) and is rapidly loosing purchasing power, for another form of currency, one that is increasing in purchasing power, and has proven itself to be a reliable & historic store of value for the past 6,000 yrs.

But anyways, back to my point, I don't think most people understand that when they have government issued gold, they are NOT the owners of that gold. They are merely the bearers of the gold. The gold is still owned by the government and is subject to recall. If and when that were to occur, the government would only be required to compensate you for the face value listed on that coin, regardless of the value of the gold content in the coin. These days, many argue that the chances of confiscation are remote, and I may tend to agree, however, precedent for confiscation has already been set. Furthermore, we see so many things taking place that leaves a great deal of uncertainty when it comes to government issued gold. it wasn't too long ago that Saddam was getting the keys to American cities, being considered a friend and ally, next thing you know, he is an enemy. The same with OBL, Noriega, etc., and not just politicos, but also countries too. Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, South Africa etc., have all gone from friend to foe. I remember when South Africa was under sanctions. Good luck liquidating a krugerrand during those times. I believe privately issued gold is far superior to anything issued by any government.

In addition, if at any time you chose to leave a particular country, having your money in government issued gold, makes you subject to arbitrary laws, rules & regulations that may be put in place precluding your ability to take money out of the country. Try taking more than $50 out of Nigeria?

Where I most vehemently disagree with that page, is where they say that the purity of the gold makes no difference. It makes all the difference in the world. Only GOLD that is 999.9% pure can be considered monetary gold that would be recognized as a gold currency in 194 countries around the world.  in addition, if the gold that you acquire is not 999.9% pure, or not LBMA certified, it is not considered monetary gold currency by banks or financial institutions around the world. It is also taxable. Furthermore, if at any time, you want to liquidate what you have and exchange it back into fiat paper currency, the burden of proof is on you to prove that what you have is genuine gold, and not something else. Gold coins can and have been counterfeited from time to time. there's plenty of gold plated tungsten out there.

I believe that there is a huge potential upside for silver, unfortunately HSBC has such a huge position in silver, and despite Andrew Mcguire's revelations 2 yrs ago, we still have not seen any CFTC action against HSBC. While silver is certainly more affordable for the average person, it is also more vulnerable to price suppression, and manipulated volatility. Don't get me wrong, I believe Gold is also manipulated & surpressed, however, its far more difficult for them to manipulated the physical market for gold than it is for silver. I'm too adverse to volatility to exchange fiat into silver at this time, ...especially not with HSBC's position in silver.

As for their assessment that gold should be acquired in smaller weights at first, I wholeheartedly agree. Smaller transaction friendly weights allow you to be far more flexible, and don't require you to liquidate a larger unit if you find yourself in a temporary cash crunch.

It doesn't even have to be a poop hits the fan scenario., it can be something as simply as having to get out of town in a hurry (a tornado or hurricane heading in). As we move closer & closer towards the centre of the galaxy, increased solar activity can wreak havoc on satellites, cause bank machines and ATM machines to go down. Last year during the riots in Egypt, authorities shut down all ATM machines. How valueable do you think a piece of certified monetary gold would have been for those who needed to get groceries during that time? And with the outright theft of customer accounts by MF Global, and the CME doing nothing about it... I don't trust banks with my money. I'd prefer to have it stored in gold and vaulted, but that's my personal preference. Others may prefer to have it stored in gold and in their own possession. But whatever you do, make sure you have options. I think Darwin was once credited with saying "It is not always the swiftest, or the strongest that survive, ...but rather those most adaptable to change" ...or something to that effect. That's why I choose the option that empowers me with the most flexibility in any potential scenario.
w