Author Topic: New Obama Executive Order. NDAA part 2? Notice when he did this?  (Read 2472 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Mhhh... so we're stuck inside a bad 1984 LSD trip?

3333 - cock your gun and keep the gold close to your heart.  :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Another Obama Power Grab-breathtaking presidential powers over key sectors of the economy
FrontPage Magazine ^ | March 19, 2012 | Joseph Klein

The Obama administration issued a new executive order last Friday entitled “National Defense Resources Preparedness.” The Executive Order cited the powers granted to the president by the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended, and the president’s constitutional authority as commander-in-chief as the basis for asserting more breathtaking presidential powers over key sectors of the U.S. economy, not only during wars and national emergencies, but also during peacetime.

The new executive order gives the president and his executive branch agency heads far more power than was contemplated by Congress in the Defense Production Act (“Act”).

At least, the definition of “national defense” in both the Act and executive order are the same:

programs for military and energy production or construction, military or critical infrastructure assistance to any foreign nation, homeland security, stockpiling, space, and any directly related activity. Such term includes emergency preparedness activities conducted pursuant to title VI of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C. 5195 et seq., and critical infrastructure protection and restoration.

The difference lies in how much discretion the president has to intervene in and control major portions of the economy if he or his delegated agency heads believe it is appropriate to do so to promote the national defense.

The Act authorizes the president to prioritize contract performance and to “allocate materials, services, and facilities in such manner, upon such conditions, and to such extent as he shall deem necessary or appropriate to promote the national defense.” The executive order follows this statutory grant as far as it goes, but then goes much further, particularly with respect to the energy industry.

Part II of Obama’s executive order (“Priorities and Allocations”) delegates to a broad array of executive agency heads the president’s authority over contract prioritization and allocation of materials, services and facilities across all major segments of the private sector economy, including agriculture, “all forms of energy,” “health resources,” “all forms of civil transportation,” “water resources,” and a catch-all for “all other materials, services, and facilities, including construction materials.”

The executive order delegates to the agency heads, with policy and oversight responsibilities affecting all these different industries, the authority to “issue regulations to prioritize and allocate resources and establish standards and procedures by which the authority shall be used to promote the national defense, under both emergency and non-emergency conditions.” Their authority is be exercised to support programs deemed by the secretary of defense, secretary of energy or secretary of homeland security to be necessary or appropriate to promote the national defense.

The Defense Production Act does not purport to affect so many industries. For example, nowhere are “health resources” even mentioned, much less defined, in the Act, as it is in the executive order.

The executive order is particularly over-reaching concerning the energy industry sector. When setting forth the president’s powers with respect to “the allocation of, or the priority performance under contracts or orders…relating to, materials, equipment, and services in order to maximize domestic energy supplies,” the Defense Production Act places strict conditions on the exercise of such powers.

Specifically, the Act states that the statutory authority to exercise such presidential powers:

may not be used to require priority performance of contracts or orders, or to control the distribution of any supplies of materials, services, and facilities in the marketplace, unless the President finds that—

(A) such materials, services, and facilities are scarce, critical, and essential—

(i) to maintain or expand exploration, production, refining, transportation;

(ii) to conserve energy supplies; or

(iii) to construct or maintain energy facilities; and

(B) maintenance or expansion of exploration, production, refining, transportation, or conservation of energy supplies or the construction and maintenance of energy facilities cannot reasonably be accomplished without exercising the authority specified in paragraph (1) of this subsection.

The Obama administration’s executive order skips right over the special statutory limitations on its executive authority to intervene in the energy industry sector. Instead, the Obama administration gives itself the direct authority to centrally manage the entire energy industry, encompassing fossil fuels and all forms of alternative energy, whenever and however it deems “necessary” or “appropriate” to promote the national defense.

In short, with its executive order in hand, the anti-fossil fuel Obama administration will have unfettered powers to manage “all forms of energy,” including its “production, conservation, use, control, and distribution.” Energy Secretary Steven Chu will be able to direct the allocation of private resources to the Obama administration’s green energy projects and clamp down further on fossil fuel production without having to worry about Congress getting in the way.

Chu can decide, for example, that the current level of carbon fuel production and usage in this country is creating a risk of global climate change, resulting severe storm damage that could conceivably imperil our national defense. He has the authority to make such a determination and issue regulations on his own initiative under the executive order. Forget about the Environmental Protection Agency. The Obama administration has found a better shortcut to impose cap and trade type restrictions through “allocation” of “energy resources” so long as the Energy Secretary determines in writing that it is an “appropriate” means to “promote “national defense” (which, don’t forget, includes “energy production” as part of its definition).

The executive order grants to the president’s executive branch agency heads the authority to manage much of the rest of the economy as well, if deemed “appropriate” to “promote” national defense under programs approved by the secretary of defense, secretary of energy or secretary of homeland security. This includes health care (or, as the executive order refers to it, “health resources”). The term “health resources,” by the way, means “drugs, biological products, medical devices, materials, facilities, health supplies, services and equipment required to diagnose, mitigate or prevent the impairment of, improve, treat, cure, or restore the physical or mental health conditions of the population.”

Thus, Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius will have even more power than Obamacare provides her to prioritize and allocate all the nation’s “health resources” as she sees fit, including under “non-emergency conditions,” as long as it can be justified as “appropriate” to “promote” the broadly defined “national defense.”

In addition to citing the Defense Production Act, the Obama administration also bases its far-reaching grab for power over the American economy on the president’s constitutional powers as commander-in-chief. The problem for Obama is that another Democratic president, Harry Truman, tried such an assertion of power during wartime and was slapped down by the Supreme Court. In a 1952 case, Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co. v. Sawyer, 343 U.S. 579 (1952) – decided two years after the original Defense Production Act and while the Korean War was still underway – the Supreme Court held that the president did not have inherent constitutional powers to direct the secretary of commerce to take possession of and operate most of the nation’s steel mills. “The order cannot properly be sustained as an exercise of the President’s military power as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces,” the Supreme Court concluded.

President Obama has once again grossly overstepped the bounds of his authority. While not yet posing a threat of all-out martial law, as some have suggested, Obama’s latest executive order represents another blatant move of his toward centralized government control of the American economy.

Freedom Center pamphlets now available on Kindle: Click here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://frontpagemag.com/2012/03/19/another-obama-power-grab

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Glen Beck pointed out that this has been in place since the Korean war and never used.  He said Bush1 and Bush 2 each updated it twice.  Beck did not say if clinton did or not.

His co-host seemed to complain about it, but Beck brought some levity to the matter.  It's been in place since 1959.

And unless you have been bitching about the readiness act under Bush (and yes, many of you did), your bitching about it now is just political bullshit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Glen Beck pointed out that this has been in place since the Korean war and never used.  He said Bush1 and Bush 2 each updated it twice.  Beck did not say if clinton did or not.

His co-host seemed to complain about it, but Beck brought some levity to the matter.  It's been in place since 1959.

And unless you have been bitching about the readiness act under Bush (and yes, many of you did), your bitching about it now is just political bullshit.

Normally when Obama does shit late on a Friday night its not a good thing. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Normally when Obama does shit late on a Friday night its not a good thing. 

i dont like the bill either.  i was one of the CTer bitching about it when Bush did it.  It's shady as fck.  I'm only pointing out what Beck said today.  He dislikes obama, but he was pretty rational about this.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

Imagine that here.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

OzmO

• Getbig V

OzmO

• Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
From what I understand the difference w what obama did is that he expanded to this non-emergency things.  

OzmO

• Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

::)  ::)

Yeah - all objections are racist to the regime. 

Got it.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
From what I understand the difference w what obama did is that he expanded to this non-emergency things.  

I agree its not a good thing.

OzmO

• Getbig V
::)  ::)

Yeah - all objections are racist to the regime. 

Got it.   

HAHAHAAHAHH

OzmO

• Getbig V

OzmO

• Getbig V

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
HAHAHAAHAHH
I know youre just trolling him..
But the fact is the moment we stop questioning the government, EVERYTHING about them, is the moment that we lose our country.
Our job as citizens is to question EVERYTHING they do and take nothing they give us at face value, because history teaches us that every single government has the possibility of turning hostile to its citizens, the US is no different.
So while your mocking of 333 for trolling is the lulz, its not really conducive to keeping the government honest, because lets face it, the ideal way for a government to become oppresive is for its own citizens to ridicule and discredit those who speak out against the government or question them.

OzmO

• Getbig V
I know youre just trolling him..
But the fact is the moment we stop questioning the government, EVERYTHING about them, is the moment that we lose our country.
Our job as citizens is to question EVERYTHING they do and take nothing they give us at face value, because history teaches us that every single government has the possibility of turning hostile to its citizens, the US is no different.
So while your mocking of 333 for trolling is the lulz, its not really conducive to keeping the government honest, because lets face it, the ideal way for a government to become oppresive is for its own citizens to ridicule and discredit those who speak out against the government or question them.

I am all for questioning the government.  What i am not for is selling out my common sense and integrity in doing so.  if  Chicken Little 33333 would practice some intellectual honesty and integrity he would go farther with his message.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I am all for questioning the government.  What i am not for is selling out my common sense and integrity in doing so.  if  Chicken Little 33333 would practice some intellectual honesty and integrity he would go farther with his message.
I feel he's right in questioning Obama's BC, as there is enough of things not adding up to bring up legitimate questions, however I think there is more important things to worry about because as long as the atmosphere that "anyone who questions Obama is a crazy man" that they have created exists, the media wont go near it and its a waste of time.
But something definatley stinks with his documents, enough that should warrant investigation. But I dont think itll go anywhere, theyll just come up with better forgeries. Itll never be exposed, which is a shame, but really forged documents do not prove he was born in another country, could be as simple as they couldnt find his original BC so they had to steal one from a dead person. Who knows.
The implications of having someone hold office and all the policies he railroaded through be fraudulent, well I dont think anyone is ready to deal with that can of worms.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I feel he's right in questioning Obama's BC, as there is enough of things not adding up to bring up legitimate questions, however I think there is more important things to worry about because as long as the atmosphere that "anyone who questions Obama is a crazy man" that they have created exists, the media wont go near it and its a waste of time.
But something definatley stinks with his documents, enough that should warrant investigation. But I dont think itll go anywhere, theyll just come up with better forgeries. Itll never be exposed, which is a shame, but really forged documents do not prove he was born in another country, could be as simple as they couldnt find his original BC so they had to steal one from a dead person. Who knows.
The implications of having someone hold office and all the policies he railroaded through be fraudulent, well I dont think anyone is ready to deal with that can of worms.

You know what is most funny - I freely admit i post of a lot of silly shit.   But I also post TONS of very good stuff too. 

I get attacked for posting the silly shit, and those silly ones are the threads with the most action.   When I try to get a discussion going on the serious stuff - the same people who attAck me for the silly shit - never say boo about the srious stuff. 

And funny too - not one single obama voter has yet to admit they got conned on obamacare. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
As far as this bill goes, its not the same it has been, so yeah its a huge cause of concern, its one thing to have emergency powers in time of war, its another altoghether to have them in times of peace.
So yes 240, this is a big fucking deal. Never has a president been able to just take control of the country under the guise of "defense" during peacetime.
Emergency Executive decisions in wartime? Absolutley, shit happens on the fly, you cant wait for a session of congress to convene when shits going down NOW.
Peace time? Absolutley fucking not, its just a way for them (whichever president decides to use it) to decide they can do whatever the fuck they want without dealing with the system of checks and balanced under the guise of "defense". Obama has taken Bush's M.O. and gone 1000000x farther, and for the worse.

OzmO

• Getbig V

Either there is legit evidence of him not being born here or there is not.  So far, none of the arguments for him not being born here have panned out.  Simple as that.  I have given everyone of the arguments an unbiased initial look.  After further review and research, none of them have been proven significant enough to warrant me changing my position and if you took the time to follow the arguments in detail on some of the threads you would see lunacy of the birther position.   Essentially cherry picking info, making your mind up first then only paying attention to info that is deemed supported of the initial belief.  Basically a ridiculous way of finding the truth.  That in its self deserves ridicule and i make no apologies for it.  

As for whether or not something "stinks", no i don't think so because if something actually stunk, the SHIT would have been found by now. (not to say i don't think it should be ignored)   What you do have is IDIOTS like the cold case posse and ignorant morons who see it as gospel.  

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
I wonder who Barry thinks he's going to get to do this. Federal law enforcement would last about a week against the Texas National Guard.....we're not mobilizing against our own people. The retards doing Occupy aren't the same as moving against Tea Partiers or even the folks who went to John Stuarts deal. Oddly barry and chewbacca sent this out today.....yeah we're still not voting for him.  
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Maybe your right.

It’s great that the Age of Hope & Change has been such a boon to the guns and ammo business, but in light of alarming preparations to impose martial law, this is ominous:

As many as 450 million rounds of .40-caliber ammunition are being produced for U.S. government agencies by ATK of Minnesota.

The order comes under an indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement for HST bullets.

“We are proud to extend our track record as the prime supplier of .40-caliber duty ammunition for (Homeland Security), ICE,” said Ron Johnson, president of ATK’s Security and Sporting group. “The HST is a proven design that will continue to serve those who keep our borders safe.”

Whatever Homeland Security plans to do with this potent hollow-point ammo, it won’t be keeping our borders safe, if the past three years are any guide. More likely it will be keeping the Regime safe from “terrorists” — i.e., those of us still American enough not to be on board with “fundamental transformation.”

Obama’s Weather Underground friends, who launched his political career, estimated that 25 million “diehard capitalists” would have to be “eliminated” before Hopey Change could be imposed on the USA in all its utopian splendor. That gives Homeland Security 18 rounds for each of us.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
.......so true.
L