Author Topic: 67% are against ObamaCare mandate.  (Read 1982 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: 67% are against ObamaCare mandate.
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 04:09:21 PM »
Yeah...it against our Constitution..its fine for Canada (I guess) or Europe..we're not either. Nor is your senario my problem. My benefits didn't come out of thin air. If you need aid..it there...you can go to many places to get help for serious care.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 04:12:08 PM »
Back in 2007, 85% of americans said the war in iraq should be ended within the next year. 
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=2905762&page=1

Should we always do what the majority wants? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »
Dude.....was the war in Iraq un-constitutional..did it violate a law of some kind? This violates THE law of the land. Your argument is childish and weak....
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 04:23:25 PM »
Dude.....was the war in Iraq un-constitutional..did it violate a law of some kind? This violates THE law of the land. Your argument is childish and weak....

you make good points. 

my retort:

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 04:27:21 PM »
You want to tie me up and rape.......I expect dinner first.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 07:04:11 PM »
Bro, I fully understand it's a huge issue in the U.S., but most of us in Europe and also Canada don't understand why the anti ObamaCare movement blows things up to epic proportions.
Think about the following scenario, let's say you're uninsured, you lose your job, have no serious savings, and you, or your wife or or you child needs serious healthcare, how would you pay the bill? This actually happens every day in your country.

here is why.   They could have expanded Medicare and raised a tax and that would have been ok by me to deal w the uninsured.   even a public option I would have been ok with on some level. 

however, the problem with ObamaCare is that it's not a tax for service ala police or fire department or roads. 

it's a mandate to purchase goods and services from a private company with no cost control whatsoever by penalty of law and opens the door to endless bs.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 07:41:35 PM »
As a first generation American born to European immigrants, I must say: USA > Europe

Unfortunately, "DroppingPlates" is a perfect example of what is wrong with Europe, yet he doesn't even realize it. It's sad, really.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2012, 07:42:31 PM »
As a first generation American born to European immigrants, I must say: USA > Europe

Unfortunately, "DroppingPlates" is a perfect example of what is wrong with Europe, yet he doesn't even realize it. It's sad, really.

I can't wait till we get a mandate to buy volts

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2012, 08:27:46 PM »

The war in Iraq was unconstitutional; it did violate the law of the land.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2012, 08:36:26 PM »
The war in iraq was a scam from the get go.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2012, 02:59:51 AM »

Dude, I pay >150 bucks per month. In case something happens with me, the bill will be paid. So explain me what I don't realize

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2012, 03:11:13 AM »
here is why.   They could have expanded Medicare and raised a tax and that would have been ok by me to deal w the uninsured.   even a public option I would have been ok with on some level.  

however, the problem with ObamaCare is that it's not a tax for service ala police or fire department or roads.  

it's a mandate to purchase goods and services from a private company with no cost control whatsoever by penalty of law and opens the door to endless bs.

I don't know the exact details about the "Obamacare" plan, but here in Europe, we have a basic insurance. This insurance has a standard fee, so it doesn't matter which company you select. A company can't make a profit on this insurance. Additional we can choose for an extra insurance which covers more costs, but that one isn't required.

Raising the taxes to finance the health care system good be a good alternative on this. AFAIK they do this in Canada.