Author Topic: why do people take amino acid pill when all amino acids are in animal protein?  (Read 7098 times)

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
If you slept through chemistry class, you probably forgot the mnemonic device for memorizing the essential amino acids: PVT TIM HALL (say Private Tim Hall). The essential aminos include phenylalanine, valine, tryptophan, threonine, isoleucine, methionine, histidine, arginine (essential in the young), lysine and leucine. They are “essential” because we need them in our diet due to the fact that our bodies don’t produce them. Scientists have discovered that the EAAs may indeed be among the most anabolic of nutrients.

Several studies from different labs have proven that. For instance, a recent study from the American Journal of Nutrition looked at 41 patients—average age 79—with various health maladies such as coronary artery disease (73 percent) and femoral fracture (34 percent); they were randomly assigned to receive oral essential amino acids, four grams two times a day for eight weeks, or a placebo that contained about the same number of calories. Researchers found that supplementation with eight grams of EAAs daily improved several determinants of quality of life in the elderly patients, including depressive symptoms, nutrition, muscle function and daily life activity.1 Pretty impressive!

Now let’s check out what happens when we supplement EAAs during exercise. Eight healthy adults completed two separate bouts of bicycling exercise for 60 minutes at 60 percent of maximum. They were given isonitrogenous drinks—containing 10 grams of EAAs—with different leucine contents during exercise. Muscle protein synthesis and whole-body protein turnover were determined.
Results: Muscle protein synthesis was 33 percent greater after subjects consumed the leucine-enriched EAA ****tail, with 3.5 grams, than with EAAs alone. Whole-body protein breakdown and synthesis were lower and oxidation was greater as well. So increasing the amount of leucine in an EAA supplement did indeed elevate the anabolic response.

Clearly, muscle protein synthesis is governed by many factors, and leucine has been identified as one of the key dietary factors. EAAs have been shown to be a great preworkout supplement that can enhance muscle hypertrophy as well as strength and power. Spiking an EAA ****tail with leucine may be one of the best stacks that any bodybuilder or competitive athlete can take. A great preworkout stack would be 10 grams of EAA, 3.5 grams of added leucine, 250 milligrams caffeine and a cognitive booster like alpha-GPC at 400 milligrams.

not sure if serious....

i opened the link

saw a guy sipping from a plastic bottle

plastics put estrogen in your body fool

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee

buh bye!!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
where's oakman?

chess315

actually I don't use eaa but have and think they are one of the best supplements you could use if you had unlimited money. You always hear bcaa's preached well eaa are bcaa with the rest of the muscle building aminos also. They would be good to use for cutting out protein calories and making dieting easier and good to use in the morning or pre or during workout.

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
actually I don't use eaa but have and think they are one of the best supplements you could use if you had unlimited money. You always hear bcaa's preached well eaa are bcaa with the rest of the muscle building aminos also. They would be good to use for cutting out protein calories and making dieting easier and good to use in the morning or pre or during workout.
so u are saying this actually is real? i was thinking maybe it's just a pill of nothingness

anyway not worth the money?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
ALL BULLSHIT!  We all know that Lukic will raise musclemass by 576%.  Just ask Mr. Olumpia

BigCyp

• Getbig V
shut it gaylord

supernick

• Getbig IV

chess315

so u are saying this actually is real? i was thinking maybe it's just a pill of nothingness

anyway not worth the money?
no the right aminos actually work some what like protein but 40$ of gear would be a lot better maybe of dieting you could justify it to cut protein calories like I said but you don't by any means need them also good to get early protein in without becoming bloated. If protein gives you trouble also they could have there place. Not pills though powder maybe if your natural beef liver tabs might be good but on gear they are not to high in iron. Aminos eaa and bcaa's work just not worth money you can do the same with food but in a perfect world i would take 30-50grams of eaa everyday.

chess315

eaa>bcca's>  leucine     glutamine no.  I do think like asthetics said there may be merit in taking leucine only never tried it though and leucine is pretty cheap.