Author Topic: undoing hyper pigmentation from allergic reaction?  (Read 4311 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
undoing hyper pigmentation from allergic reaction?
« on: April 07, 2013, 10:30:46 PM »
So I got some spots from an allergic reaction to DNP over a year ago (no not running it again, no matter how real the results are). I did several times but it never left permanent marks. This time when it happened it did, but I was tanning and used melatonin 2 which I guess induced it permanently. It's not that obvious but I'd like to take care of it. The weird thing was each time i got this reaction it was the EXACT same spots... the bad thing is now i have it permanently even though i got madly pale white in winter.

I heard of ppl mentioning hydroquinone no idea where to get it.. but hear its also deadly or something? What options do ppl have when dealing with hyper pigmentation i have like 3 spots id like to reverse this in.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: undoing hyper pigmentation from allergic reaction?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 01:43:48 PM »
Damn no one knows lol

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 05:03:30 PM »
Hydroquinone is an active ingredient in various dermatological products which can be found OTC, at a medi-spa or from a dermatologist. Laser treatments are also effective, albeit $$$.  Must be done on totally UNTANNED skin, otherwise you'll end up with HYPOpigmentation.
:

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 11:40:44 PM »
ya i wana fix this stuff so i can frickin tan lol im paaaale... need that gold brown goodness. I look much better tanned.. but don't want to risk it with the hyper pigmentation...

any products you could suggest I honestly have no idea im not a girl lol... i want fast quality results .. the quicker the better so i can tan seriously

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 03:09:57 PM »
ya i wana fix this stuff so i can frickin tan lol im paaaale... need that gold brown goodness. I look much better tanned.. but don't want to risk it with the hyper pigmentation...

any products you could suggest I honestly have no idea im not a girl lol... i want fast quality results .. the quicker the better so i can tan seriously

Are you sure it's from an allergic reaction?  Maybe it's from past sun damage, which is where most spots come from.  They get darker with age and more of them come to the surface.  No matter what, the remedy is not going to be "quick".  Laser treatments could take 6 months - depending... and each "treatment" could cost $100-^^^$300 or more.  Depends on darkness, depth of pigment, etc.  Creams are going to take longer, but they do work.   Obagi is a good product line and chances are that a salon that carries it has an educated staff.  http://www.obagi.com/
:

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 06:20:48 PM »
Are you sure it's from an allergic reaction?  Maybe it's from past sun damage, which is where most spots come from.  They get darker with age and more of them come to the surface.  No matter what, the remedy is not going to be "quick".  Laser treatments could take 6 months - depending... and each "treatment" could cost $100-^^^$300 or more.  Depends on darkness, depth of pigment, etc.  Creams are going to take longer, but they do work.   Obagi is a good product line and chances are that a salon that carries it has an educated staff.  http://www.obagi.com/
Good information Princess I don't have a condition as this point but will keep it for future reference.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 09:55:52 PM »
No definetely allergic reaction from DNP (trust me ive had it many times) however this time i happened to use melatonin AND was tanning after and it left the mark permanently. Each time I ran dnp i got the SAME spots and then they went away. It's from DNP allergic reaction... but due to the use of melatonin and tanning... i now have it a year later.. havent dared use DNP since as a result... and havent tanned since either... wish to undo this crap first...

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 05:24:18 PM »
No definetely allergic reaction from DNP (trust me ive had it many times) however this time i happened to use melatonin AND was tanning after and it left the mark permanently. Each time I ran dnp i got the SAME spots and then they went away. It's from DNP allergic reaction... but due to the use of melatonin and tanning... i now have it a year later.. havent dared use DNP since as a result... and havent tanned since either... wish to undo this crap first...

I would definitely see a dermatologist - one who specializes in that sort of thing (birth marks, port wine stains, hyerpig, etc.) - someone who has all the various tools available to them; OR maybe a medi-spa that offers all sorts of treatments like lasers, creams, microderm, etc.  Make sure the medi-spa is under the direction of a physician and that physician is ON SITE, not just lending their name.  A lot of times they're plastic surgeons.

As you can see from http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1069191-treatment it's A LOT more complicated than just using a cream from the drugstore.  An educated treatment plan is warranted.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1069191-treatment
: