Author Topic: DL's on back day?  (Read 6239 times)

TNTBOOM

• Getbig III
  • die or diet
DL's on back day?
« on: September 22, 2005, 04:27:37 AM »
i usually start my back work out with DL's
is this a good idea ?
or does it takes away the strength for my back work out?

???

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
Re: DL's on back day?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 04:36:28 AM »
I am willing to guess if you're asking this, then you're probbaly a n00b.  Hey have fun blowing thousands of dollars at a chiropractor down the road.   

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 11:33:47 AM »
yes and yes

i alternate them every now and again but i usually do them first in my back routine. make sure you warm up well before going heavy.

i have noticed that when i do deads at the end of my workout my other lifts are a "little" stronger or i get more reps. so yes i believe they can drain you depending on how heavy you go. i consider deadlifts the best back builder out there so i like doing them first when i'm strongest. it is good to switch it up just like any other routine.

8)

weedouthehomo

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 04:41:22 PM »
I am willing to guess if you're asking this, then you're probbaly a n00b.  Hey have fun blowing thousands of dollars at a chiropractor down the road.   
You know its sad how kids find there way onto websites and start posting bullshit smart ass remarks.  I dont think I've read a single post of yours that was even slightly informative, do you even lift weights?  Get a life you little homo loser.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 05:02:34 PM »
i've always done deads first but once in a while i'll do them last. just for a change or i might of, wanted to work on my lats a bit. its doesnt matter in what order but you need to do them to get a big back.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 08:43:18 PM »
Hell yes, I do heavy deads (working up to triples in the low 500's) at the beginning of every other back workout, when I'm fresh and strong.  They do NOT at all detract from the rest of my back routine.  If anything I feel primed to attack the heavy weights immediately afterward.

And I'm 40 and haven't needed a chiropractor yet so don't believe everything you read on here. ;)

buffbon

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 09:30:27 AM »
i always start my back workout with chins pull ups or pull overs. but following that is always either deadlifts or some type of barbell row. do them while your fresh you can handle the most wieght on them and build the most muscle.

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 11:47:45 AM »
Deads are the altimate back exercise.  So hell yes.
W

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 12:38:15 PM »
gotta listen to the resident dumbass
follow the arrows

Steeljunky

• Getbig II
  • D's...Nuts
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 03:19:58 PM »
DL's should be done while you are fresh and at your strongest mentally and physically, therefore at the start of your back workout. You can get too sloppy with your form at the end. You maybe a little weaker on some other back exercises such as low rows and one arm rows, but you shouldn't be any weaker on lat movements like pulldowns. Keep asking questions TNT, don't ever be discouraged by the losers out there, listen to the answers that make sense and let the smartass remarks drive you to be better than the assholes who make them.   
Call me BigPapa

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 11:24:47 PM »

strongman718

• Getbig IV
  • Dont hate the player, Hate the game!!
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 08:04:06 PM »
i usually start my back work out with DL's
is this a good idea ?
or does it takes away the strength for my back work out?

???

Not really the way you think.   I always start my back workouts with dls and my strength is still good through the entire workout.  The only thing that suffers is my is my grip.  So I suggest is to rotate your dls into diffrent parts of your back workout.

Captain Morgan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 10:45:37 AM »
I only do deadlifts combined with pullups. The next week I do pullups with either a dumbell or barbell row.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2005, 11:54:35 AM »
Deadlifts rule the world!!Go do em!!GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Eggbert

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Gerbils all the way!
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2005, 01:46:55 PM »
I am a heav duty trainer so i do them last however i have done them first and felt the benefit from both. My strength is down if i do them first as is my grip but as deads are the mutts nuts it really does not mattter imo.

the main thing is as a new don't sherk them my partner at the minute has developed a sort of fear of them and keeps coming up with excuses and they get worse each time!!! I'll do them after xmas, i did not eat much today etc, i'm like its been 3 months!!! its holding him back!

whatever you do, do deadlifts!!!!!
Gerblis! Ye haa

TNTBOOM

• Getbig III
  • die or diet
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2005, 05:43:48 AM »
Thanks
for the input bros

really helpful info here
its really appreciated
 8)