Author Topic: Obama hot mic: Tells Medvedev he'll have 'more flexibility' after the election  (Read 9717 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
OBAMA CAUGHT ON HOT MIC: TELLS RUSSIAN PM HE‘LL HAVE MORE ’FLEXIBILITY‘ ’AFTER MY ELECTION’

ABC’s Jake Tapper has a stunning report out of Seoul, South Korea this morning. According to him, President Obama was caught on a hot mic telling Russian Prime Minister Dmitri Medvedev that if given “space,” he’ll have more flexibility “after my election.”

Here’s how Tapper puts it:

At the tail end of his 90 minute meeting with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev Monday, President Obama said that he would have “more flexibility” to deal with controversial issues such as missile defense, but incoming Russian President Vladimir Putin needs to give him “space.”

The exchange was picked up by microphones as reporters were let into the room for remarks by the two leaders.

And here’s the exchange:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

A senior administration official tried to brush it aside in a statement to ABC: “this is a political year in which the Russians just had an election, we’re about to have a presidential and congressional elections — this is not the kind of year in which we’re going to resolve incredibly complicated issue like this. So there’s an advantage to pulling back and letting the technical experts work on this as the president has been saying.”

Fox News has the official statement from the White House:

Ben Rhodes, deputy national security adviser for strategic communications, said the U.S. is “committed” to implementing the missile defense system, “which we’ve repeatedly said is not aimed at Russia.”

“However, given the longstanding difference between the U.S. and Russia on this issue, it will take time and technical work before we can try to reach an agreement,” he said in a statement.

“Since 2012 is an election year in both countries, with an election and leadership transition in Russia and an election in the United States, it is clearly not a year in which we are going to achieve a breakthrough.

Therefore, President Obama and President Medvedev agreed that it was best to instruct our technical experts to do the work of better understanding our respective positions, providing space for continued discussions on missile defense cooperation going forward.”

This isn’t the first time Obama has been caught on a hot mic. In November he was overheard blasting Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu to French President Sarkozy. Additionally, Vice President Joe Biden was heard telling Obama the health care bill was a “big fu**ing deal” after that legislation passed.

The latter was just turned into a t-shirt by the Obama campaign.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obama-caught-on-hot-mic-tells-russian-pm-hell-have-more-flexibility-after-my-election/

Got to laugh at all the fools who prefer a second Obama term where he doesn't have to worry about reelection to putting one of the GOP chumps in there where they'll have to worry about reelection.

Expect President Downgrade the Usurper to get many times worse should he win reelection.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
 :). Any doubt left he is a communist traitor and an evil monster?   Every disgusting commie rat who votes for this is just as bad as him, probably worse in fact. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Dude needs to go. Now.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 :o
Dude needs to go. Now.
;D :)

Who cares?   Palin farted last week and fluke can't get her rubbers paid for.  Priorities dude. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Do any of yo fucking morons believe that this is the only issue obama is pulling shit like this on?   

Wake up your communist scumbags!  u

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama asks Russia for 'space' through election [Disgusting: Obama caught on audio selling out USA]
Politico ^ | 3/26/2012 | Jennifer Epstein

President Barack Obama offered a private request Monday to Russian President Dmitry Medvedev for some “space” on missile defense ahead of November’s elections.

“On all these issues, particularly on missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space,” Obama said, referring to incoming Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to a TV pool reporter who heard audio recorded by a Russian reporter who was in the room moments before the two leaders spoke to reporters after their 90-minute meeting.

“Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you,” Medvedev responded.

A U.S. pool video camera in the room caught part of the audio, but not the piece about missile defense.

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Come on guys...your all nuts, Barry loves America, nothing to see here, move along. Hope and change...unicorns and butterlies.......
He sucks....yet another reason why he sucks and I'll assume the leftwing nutbags here will all defend this or ignore it.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Come on guys...your all nuts, Barry loves America, nothing to see here, move along. Hope and change...unicorns and butterlies.......
He sucks....yet another reason why he sucks and I'll assume the leftwing nutbags here will all defend this or ignore it.

If this communist traitor gets a second term - expect shit like this every day.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Hot mic: Obama begs Russians for ‘space’ on missile defense talks

President blames election woes in private entreaty caught on tape

By Dave Boyer
-
The Washington Times

Monday, March 26, 2012

Unaware that a microphone was recording him, President Obama asked outgoing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev Monday for breathing room until after Mr. Obama’s re-election campaign to negotiate on missile defense.Related Stories

SEOUL — Unaware that a microphone was recording him, President Obama asked outgoing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev Monday for breathing room until after Mr. Obama’s re-election campaign to negotiate on missile defense.

“On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved, but it’s important for him to give me space,” Mr. Obama told Mr. Medvedev at the end of their 90-minute meeting, apparently referring to incoming Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Mr. Medvedev replied, “Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…”

“This is my last election,” Mr. Obama said. “After my election, I have more flexibility.”

The Russian leader responded, “I understand. I transmit this information to Vladimir.”

The exchange was picked up by microphone of a Russian reporter as journalists were allowed into the meeting room for remarks by the two leaders. It was first reported by ABC News, which said it verified the conversation. A Washington Times reporter heard a portion of the tape that begins with Mr. Obama saying, “This is my last election.”

The two leaders are in Seoul for a nuclear security summit involving the heads of more than 50 nations. Mr. Obama and Mr. Medvedev were huddling close together in their respective chairs when the conversation took place.

White House deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes, who attended the meeting, at first said he didn’t hear the exchange and couldn’t comment on it. Within an hour, however, Mr. Rhodes issued a statement via email that said the U.S. “is committed to implementing our missile defense system, which we’ve repeatedly said is not aimed at Russia.”

“However, given the longstanding difference between the U.S. and Russia on this issue, it will take time and technical work before we can try to reach an agreement,” Mr. Rhodes said. “Since 2012 is an election year in both countries, with an election and leadership transition in Russia and an election in the United States, it is clearly not a year in which we are going to achieve a breakthrough. Therefore, President Obama and President Medvedev agreed that it was best to instruct our technical experts to do the work of better understanding our respective positions, providing space for continued discussions on missile defense cooperation going forward.”

The image of Mr. Obama putting off a difficult national security question due to re-election concerns is the opposite of what the White House intended for this trip. Mr. Obama’s first event upon landing in Korea on Sunday was to visit the Demilitarized Zone separating North and South Korea for a photo-op of him gazing across no-man’s land at a forward Army observation post.

Mr. Medvedev told reporters that he believes missile defense talks between the two countries “could be more active.”

“I believe we still have time; time hasn’t run out,” Mr. Medvedev said. “And now we need to discuss and cooperate on various aspects on European missile defense. Now, in my view, time has come for discussions between technical aspects and, of course, we remain at our own positions, both the United States and Russian Federation.”

When he knew he was speaking for the microphones, Mr. Obama said only, “We’ve got more work to do between our two countries. Dmitry identified some areas of continued friction — missile defense being an example. And what we’ve agreed to is to make sure that our teams, at a technical level, are in discussions about how some of these issues can be resolved.”

The U.S. and its NATO allies are pursuing a missile defense shield, while Russia objects that it would compromise its security. Mr. Rhodes said the U.S. has continuously told the Russians that the shield is not being developed as a defense against Russia, and that the two nations should move forward on a broad range of nuclear weapons issues rather than bog down over the shield issue.

Sponsored Link: Three dollars doesn’t get you much these days. But did you know, there’s a unique type of silver coin – issued by the U.S. government – that’s available for only $3 right now? It’s the cheapest way we know of to buy real silver. Click here to learn more.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Dang.   :-\  Any doubt that this man will be dangerous as a lame duck? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Dang.   :-\  Any doubt that this man will be dangerous as a lame duck? 

He has been this dangerous since his election! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Good idea nuke half of the US ;)

Agreed.    The communist left deserves to be vaporized.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Turner to Obama:

What Flexibility?

House leader challenges Obama on missile defense ‘flexibility’ promise

Email Us

BY: Bill Gertz - March 26, 2012 1:19 pm

http://freebeacon.com/turner-to-obama-what-flexibility

A senior House Republican on Monday accused President Obama of going back on promises he would not weaken U.S. missile defenses through negotiations with Russia after the president was overheard promising more concessions after his reelection.

Rep. Michael R. Turner (R., Ohio), chairman of the House Armed Services subcommittee on strategic forces, sought an explanation for the overheard comments made by the president Monday in a discussion in Seoul with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev.

Obama told the outgoing Russian president that “this is my last election and after my election I’ll have more flexibility” regarding contentious missile defense talks with Moscow that have been underway for the past three years.

“Congress has made exquisitely clear to your administration and to other nations that it will block all attempts to weaken U.S. missile defense,” Turner stated in the letter. “As the chairman of the strategic forces subcommittee, which authorizes U.S. missile defense and nuclear weapons policy, I want to make perfectly clear that my colleagues and I will not allow any attempts to trade missile defense of the United States to Russia or any other country.”

Turner noted that during the December 2010 ratification debate over the New START arms treaty with Russia the president made specific promises that Russia’s opposition to U.S. missile defenses would not impact U.S. plans to deploy both short- and medium-range missile defenses in Europe and elsewhere.

Additionally, the president promised to make both “qualitative and quantitative improvements in its missile defenses,” Turner said.

“You have already walked away from detailed promises to modernize the U.S. nuclear deterrent; are you now planning to walk away from your promises regarding U.S. missile defense as well?” Turner asked.

Amid concerns that the administration planned to share highly classified missile defense secrets with Russia in an effort to assuage Moscow’s fears that U.S. defenses will target its missiles, the defense authorization bill signed into law by the president contains a provision that limits the president’s ability to share classified data with Russia.

“Congress took this step because it was clear based on official testimony and administration comments in the press that classified information about U.S. missile defenses, including hit-to-kill technology and velocity at burnout information, may be on the table as negotiating leverage for your reset with Russia,” Turner said, noting that the president said he may treat the limit as nonbinding when he signed the defense bill into law.

The comments in Seoul, in addition to the signing statement, “suggests that you and your administration have plans for U.S. missile defenses that you believe will not stand up to electoral scrutiny,” Turner said.

Turner said Congress has made clear to the administration and to other nations that it will block all efforts by the administration to weaken missile defenses.

The subcommittee chairman added that as the chairman in charge of overseeing missile defenses and nuclear weapons policy, “I want to make perfectly clear that my colleagues and I will not allow any attempts to trade missile defense of the United States to Russia or any other country.”

The revealing comments by Obama followed a 90-minute meeting with Medvedev at the end of the nuclear security summit.

“On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space,” Obama said, referring to newly elected Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility,” Obama said.

A White House National Security Council spokesman had no immediate comment.

Senate Republican Whip Jon Kyl criticized the president for promising concessions on missile defense.

In a statement, Kyl said that the president canceled plans for anti-ballistic missile systems in Poland and Czech Republic and supported langauge in the New START arms treaty that links missile defense to nuclear reductions.

“We know the administration is sharing information with Russia, including plans to deploy missile defenses in Europe,” Kyl said. “We know the president has significantly reduced funding and curtailed development of the U.S. national missile defense system, undermining our ability to effectively intercept long-range ballistic missiles. And we know the president has doubled-down on efforts to reduce our nuclear arsenal while failing to honor his promises to modernize the aging nuclear weapons complex.”

However, Kyl said what is unknown is what Obama has planned for after the election after gaining the reported “flexibility” in dealing with Moscow.

“Perhaps the Russians, in whom President Obama recently confided, could shed some light on his missile defense plans for the American people who otherwise have been left in the dark by this president,” Kyl said.

Deputy national security adviser for strategic communications Ben Rhodes told ABC News after the comments that the president was referring to reaching an accommodation with Moscow and that “there is a lot of rhetoric around this issue — there always is — in both countries.”

Putin told reporters last month prior to his election as president that lengthy talks with the United States on European missile defense had failed because U.S. negotiators were unwilling to codify oral proposals made in the talks as part of a formal agreement.

“They made some proposals to us which we virtually agreed to and asked them to get them down on paper,” Putin told foreign news editors Feb. 2.

“They made a proposal to us just during the talks, they told us: we would offer you this, this and that. We did not expect this, but I said: we agree. Please put it down on paper. We were waiting for their answer for two months. We did not get it, and then our American partners withdrew their own proposals, saying: no, it’s impossible.”

The proposals included guarantees that U.S. and NATO missile defenses would not be directed at Russia’s missiles.

Additionally, U.S. negotiators, according to Putin, offered the ability to conduct round-the-clock monitoring of anti-missile systems and radar to make sure they were fixed toward Iran and unable to target Russia.

“This would not change the situation dramatically, but we said: okay, it’s already something, we agree. Put it down on paper. But they refused,” Putin said.

The comments contradict the statements of Ellen Tauscher, former undersecretary of state for international security, who denied that she and other U.S. officials had offered concessions to Moscow on missile defenses that would legally constrain U.S. defenses.

Tauscher, who has since stepped down, drafted a missile defense agreement that was to be signed at the May 2011 summit of G-8 leaders in Deauville, France. However, White House lawyers pulled the draft agreement before it could be signed over concerns it would be interpreted by Moscow as containing provisions on U.S. systems that would be legally binding.

The Obama administration in 2009 rejected a plan by the George W. Bush administration to deploy long-range interceptor missiles in Eastern Europe that would be used to protect the United States from missile attacks from Iran.

Instead, the administration has developed what it calls a Phased Adaptive Approach for Europe that involves less-capable SM-3 missile defense interceptors that will not be capable of protecting the U.S. homeland from missile attack for at least a decade from now.

The concession was designed to coax Russia into an agreement on missile defense. Instead, Russia has responded by threatening to deploy advanced short-range nuclear-capable missiles in western Russia.

A senior Republican aide told the Free Beacon that Obama’s comments were distressing.

“If there was any doubt how dangerous Barack Obama would be for America’s security in a second term, the president put all uncertainty to rest today,” said the source, who closely tracks foreign policy matters. “The president just told us that he is itching to hand over America’s most secret missile defense data to a country that is arming Syria and fueling Iran’s Bushehr reactor—and he would do it today but for his re-election concerns. With no political constraints in a second term, who knows what Obama will do.”

The adviser also said Obama’s remarks should cause concern among pro-Israel forces in America.

“If this is what the president’s promising the Russians on missile defense, God only knows what he’s promising Arab leaders about Israel,” noted the souce. “If you think Barack Obama was bad for Israel in term one, put your seatbelt on and get ready for term two.”

This entry was posted in National Security and tagged appeasement, Obama, Putin. Bookmark the permalink.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Agreed.    The communist left deserves to be vaporized.

That means people you know, neighbours & kids etc...Fellow americans

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Ah......most of the people I live around are NRA members and all hate Obama. Nobody is as bad as this guy.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
That means people you know, neighbours & kids etc...Fellow americans

Tough shit - but I would give them a chance to move to north korea or cuba first.   After that?  VAPORIZED!   

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
So why sit here on Getbig why not do something about it? All that rage cant be good for your mental/physical health ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
So why sit here on Getbig why not do something about it? All that rage cant be good for your mental/physical health ;)

I tried warning all the morons in 2008 before the election and have been trying since.  But gullible idiots like yourself who have no education or understanding of history are suckers for this communist traitors' empty vapid lies. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V

The hate keeps us warm!!!!
L

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I tried warning all the morons in 2008 before the election and have been trying since.  But gullible idiots like yourself who have no education or understanding of history are suckers for this communist traitors' empty vapid lies. 

Well im glad your here fighting the good cause

When will you strike back against these monsters..?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
[ Invalid YouTube link ]