Author Topic: The Raid  (Read 1987 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
The Raid
« on: March 26, 2012, 09:54:02 AM »
Saw this flick last night at what is seemingly the only theatre in Toronto showing it, the Scotiabank Theatre, downtown. Anyway ...

Badass movie. I liked it well enough, but do think the first half was better than the second.

Only one complaint: When the two brother dudes (the hero cop and his gone-wrong bro) were jamming with that baddie "Mad Dog", that they were all kicking, punching, and flipping each other into oblivion for 10 minutes, and then Mad Dog was ultimately put down with a sliced throat by way of a broken lightbulb, just underscores how terribly useless all their fanciful martial artistry is.

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: The Raid
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 09:17:15 AM »
What the hell? This movie is totally Getbig-worthy!

None of you beasts have seen it?!

???

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:24:01 AM »
Just saw the trailer. Looks action packed. Thanks.

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 11:53:02 AM »
Will check it out. Action movies lately have been lacking.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 11:57:15 AM »
Saw this flick last night at what is seemingly the only theatre in Toronto showing it, the Scotiabank Theatre, downtown. Anyway ...

Badass movie. I liked it well enough, but do think the first half was better than the second.

Only one complaint: When the two brother dudes (the hero cop and his gone-wrong bro) were jamming with that baddie "Mad Dog", that they were all kicking, punching, and flipping each other into oblivion for 10 minutes, and then Mad Dog was ultimately put down with a sliced throat by way of a broken lightbulb, just underscores how terribly useless all their fanciful martial artistry is.

How cliche---hero cop and his gone wrong brother...

They need better characters

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 03:32:20 PM »
Is this on torrent? I did a search, but couldn't find it.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 03:36:16 PM »
isn't this film indonesian?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 03:38:36 PM »

Be that as it may ...

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 03:39:11 PM »
isn't this film indonesian?

I believe so, yes. It's subtitled.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 05:58:59 PM »
Thought so, shame, I hate  having to read films takes away the whole atmosphere for me

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 08:50:56 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=72036

BERANDAL (THE RAID 2) Plot Details, Casting Updates & Concept Art

Gareth Evans' The Raid is a truly phenomenal film, easily making my top 5 movies of 2012 - and now that we know there's a comic book adaptation, we can bring you some news on the upcoming sequel, entitled Berandal. Joining lead actor Iko Uwais will be Julie Estelle (Macabre), who will play Hammer Girl (check out the concept art above) with other parts going to Alex Abbad, Marsha Timothy, Mathias Muchus, Tio Pakusadewo and Internationally renowned silat practitioner Cecep Arif Rahman. In addition, Evans has provided Geek Tyrant with an idea of what we can expect from the story..

"The idea is to take it out of that building. We've already done something self contained, we want to do something now whereby the boss of that building and and the building itself everything that was terrifying and scary about that in the first film is considered small fry when it comes to the the second film. So, we go to a much bigger underworld organization, and it should be great."

Principal photography commences in a couple of weeks.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »

what are your thoughts on euro traveling whores?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 08:55:40 PM »

Like what, an overweight black gay dude with glasses and a short bulbous-eyes white fella, does that sound better?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 09:54:48 PM »
Like what, an overweight black gay dude with glasses and a short bulbous-eyes white fella, does that sound better?
No, an Asian bber, who after seeing his drug dealer up kill his mother, swears by the Thong of Nasser that he will exact revenge. He teems up with a man from the division of FST-7, a man he swore he would never work with.