Author Topic: Energy boost before workout..  (Read 5626 times)

BG27

Energy boost before workout..
« on: October 25, 2005, 09:08:43 AM »
Can someone recommend a good supplement to use before a workout.  I was taking NO-Xplode with good results but the 50$ it costs get old.  Looking for something like a fat burner for an energy boost.  Ive used SAN Tight and liked it but didnt know if there was anything better.. thx.

Tubbs

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigger!
Re: Energy boost before workout..
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 09:20:14 AM »
GAKIC ;D

MCat

• Getbig II
  • I'm just sayin'
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 09:24:31 AM »
ECA stack is the ultimate boost...Nothing beats it.  Except maybe meth
Dominated

Aido

• Getbig II
  • Lift, Eat, Rest, Grow, Repeat.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 09:38:30 AM »
Try training WITHOUT a supplement for a while.

Over reliance on supplements is just as bad as anything else my friend.

BG27

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 10:54:37 AM »
I dont doubt ive gotten used to the energy they give me.. I havent lifted in about 4-5 months because of a bad wrist injury... my endurance and energy levels are way way down not to mention I was working out with 225 and now im struggling with 155.  I have a few Atomic Fusion (eph HCL) pills left I can use up.

big E

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 01:21:49 PM »
best supp ive found that isnt ECA stack.......... lipo-6.......... hands down. No fatburner better besides ECA.
Thaiboxing,Bjj

BG27

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 02:00:39 PM »
Ive read about Lipo-6 but just figured it was another gimic fat burner.  Ill check it out.

wicknilly

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • built through sweat, but no tears
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 02:50:02 PM »
i just take 1-2 caffine pills and im wired for the workout

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 02:52:21 PM »
For energy I really like VPX Redline liquid.  It's the best product I've used next to VPX Clenbutrx.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 04:33:53 PM »
I don't care for excessive stimulants.  My style is coffee first thing in the morning, BCAAs, Glutamine and Arginine and Aleve 30 minutes before, creatine, dextrose, and whey right before.  I always have energy, although sometimes i boot during squats, leg press, or deadlifts.
:-)

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 06:02:48 PM »
I lift in the morning and  I have a big cup of coffee with yogurt.  Coffee does great.  Kinda makes me wonder if coffee does great for me and several others I know then how bad for your heart is ephedrine and those drug cocktails that jack you up so far?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 12:03:40 AM »
Try training WITHOUT a supplement for a while.

Over reliance on supplements is just as bad as anything else my friend.
I agree.  I have gotten hooked on caffeine before I train, and the bad thing about it is that I have to continue to take more and more as time goes by.  Don't get me wrong, caffeine can be a great boost, but you don't want to get to the point where you are having to take 600-800-mg every workout.  I am in the process now of trying to ween myself off caffeine, and then i will go for a time and train without it.  Next time I will only use caffeine now and then.  I know that this is not really anything that serious, but when you are taking large amounts it can start to affect things such as sleep.

Aido

• Getbig II
  • Lift, Eat, Rest, Grow, Repeat.
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 01:07:47 AM »
Generally speaking i find that if I have no energy i just get in there and hit something like a drop set, kinda convince myself that at least i will get that done. By the time I'm through it the target muscle can be a bit drained but man, my energy is amped.

Ya gotta love adrenaline.

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 12:05:53 PM »
Can someone recommend a good supplement to use before a workout.  I was taking NO-Xplode with good results but the 50$ it costs get old.  Looking for something like a fat burner for an energy boost.  Ive used SAN Tight and liked it but didnt know if there was anything better.. thx.

IDS Kranker Powder...works well and is inexpensive.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 06:15:34 AM »
I dont doubt ive gotten used to the energy they give me.. I havent lifted in about 4-5 months because of a bad wrist injury... my endurance and energy levels are way way down not to mention I was working out with 225 and now im struggling with 155.  I have a few Atomic Fusion (eph HCL) pills left I can use up.

Don't believe the hype my man.  NoXpolde = crap.  If you like that stuff, see above thread about L-Arginine.

Buy some caffeine pills if you want a cheap fix,  $6 will get you 100 (try scifit brand).  If you want, add some Ephedrine HCL and you're set.

Redline is good but expensive. 

On a side note, I'm assuming the 225lb is for bench press?  You can still train a few body parts with a bad wrist, legs for one. 

mastover

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 01:09:19 PM »
Diesel Nutrition's READY 4WAR

DBall

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 06:15:11 PM »
methyl efx is better and cheaper than no-xplode.  one scoop of methyl-fx is the same as two scoops of no-xplode.  take 30 minutes before training.  be warned, it tastes horrible, but it works

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 08:30:07 PM »
I love musclemilk mocha joe pre-workout. It's got a little caffeine, and chased with a vitamin E, it helps release the energy of the MCT's while u train. But if u don't like protein before training, then go with 17HD from Vyotech. I won't even comment. U just simply gotta try it.it's worth the money for energy, and gains.
CEA999