Author Topic: Just think what this does to small businesses  (Read 548 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Just think what this does to small businesses
« on: March 29, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »
But I guess Subway would be considered a small business since each one is independently owned...

The catchy Subway sandwich shop jingle involving a variety of foot-long sandwiches available for $5 doesn't apply in San Francisco.

The sandwich-making chain stopped selling the five-dollar footlongs in San Francisco due to the "high cost of doing business," according to SF Weekly.

Signs posted at Subway sandwich shops sadly inform San Francisco patrons -- we hear Willie Brown is a big fan -- that "all SUBWAY Restaurants in SF County DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN Subway National $5.00 Promotions," according to the newspaper.

Customers can still buy the sub of the month for $5, according to an employee at Subway on Market and Castro streets.

Apparently, the city's new minimum wage, raised to $10.24 as of Jan. 1, make $5 footlongs an impossible business model.

Unless you want tuna fish, which is the sub of the month. Yum.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/No-Subway-5-Footlongs-In-SF-Cost-of-Doing-Business-Too-High-144709445.html

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Just think what this does to small businesses
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 09:57:56 AM »
Thats not too terrible coach.  I rarely ever get subs from subway.  I get my subs from Publix (Boar's head meat) and it usually costs over $8 dollars.  You can easily tell the difference in quality.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 10:00:27 AM »
I'm sure the foot-long is very popular in San Fran.  Personally, I think Franciscans should be more worried about rectal prolapse.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 10:01:30 AM »
I'm sure the foot-long is very popular in San Fran.  Personally, I think Franciscans should be more worried about rectal prolapse.

Haha!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 10:02:05 AM »
Inb4 Bay says something dumb  8)   Nice one G  ;D

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 10:03:43 AM »
Just think what this does to low-skilled workers, especially racial minorities like blacks who don't get access to good education. Nobody is going to hire some guy from the inner city without a high school degree for over $10/hour.