Author Topic: WrestleMania 28 - DISCUSSION & RESULTS:  (Read 7213 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
WrestleMania 28 - DISCUSSION & RESULTS:
« on: March 22, 2012, 10:27:12 AM »
So Place your bets......I would love to put in $5 if anyone is interested otherwise, good luck, my predictions are bolded

John Cena vs. The Rock (There are now rumors of perhaps a 2nd or third match. I see a crew job that causes Cena to loose)

The Undertaker vs. Triple H (Hell in a Cell Match with special referee Shawn Michaels)

Team Teddy vs. Team Johnny

WWE Champion CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus (I don't know why but this may be the surprise match of the night)

Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show (Rhodes is on a hot streak, dont see him losing)

Randy Orton vs. Kane (DOn't really care)

Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounosvs. Divas Champion Beth Phoenix & Eve (DOn't really care either, I see a rif between Phoenix and EVe causing the loss)[

littleguns

• Getbig V
Re: Place Your Bets - WM 28
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 11:16:43 AM »
44 views and no one wants to make their picks??

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 06:57:39 PM »
44 views and no one wants to make their picks??

Sorry, man. I'm just not feeling this one.
I can talk about anything and everything up until about 2002.
After that... :-X

Where the hell's Timmy? He usually sprouts magnanimous wood between the Rumble & Mania.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 08:07:01 PM »
John Cena vs. The Rock - I don't think his ego will let him lose, but it won't be a clean finish.

The Undertaker vs. Triple H (Hell in a Cell Match with special referee Shawn Michaels) - Taker, all day long.  I'm sure it'll be a good match, but I'd have liked them to build it a bit better than this well-trodden path we've gone down.

Team Teddy vs. Team Johnny - Don't really have any interest in this one, I can't find any enthusiasm for matches which are purely there to give more guys a payday.  I'm expecting some kind of surprise in it though.

WWE Champion CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho - Possibly the best match of the night, and tough to call.  I think Jericho might take it.

World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus - Another one which should be a solid match.  I'd go with Bryan, to keep the feud going.

Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show - I've a feeling that Show will take this one after all the digs from Rhodes.

Randy Orton vs. Kane - Two good workers, should be a good match, but it's not grabbed my interest since they threw the two of them together.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 05:55:12 AM »
Team Johnny seems so much more dominant than Teddy. Kind of glad tey threw Booker in there to mak the team a little stronger. Be interesting to see if A-Train shows up at WM...

Akeelsolid

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 07:58:22 AM »
Trips/Undertaker: undertaker unless the boss's husband cries about it.

Jericho/Punk: probably punk, thou Jericho going over would put more legs into this feud. They really need in my view to draw this one out more, this could be a great feud if it was not so forced.

Team teddy/Team Johnny: Team teddy

Show/Rhodes Show, hopefully a squash like ultimate warrior Honky Tonk man

Orton/Kane: Im hoping Kane, but Orton is always put over.

Rock/Cena: Needs To be the Rock. "The super Cena " shtick needs to end. If Cena goes over, who on the roster can challenge him? Someone bigger than the company needs to be that opponent that Cena cannot beat. This works both ways in my view since Wwe can finally make Cena a true heel and he can come full circle with his charchter. Beating the Rock, now would be a wasted oppurtunity in progressing his charchter in my view.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
WrestleMania 28 - DISCUSSION & RESULTS:
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 04:25:27 PM »
So Place your bets......I would love to put in $5 if anyone is interested otherwise, good luck, my predictions are bolded

John Cena vs. The Rock (There are now rumors of perhaps a 2nd or third match. I see a crew job that causes Cena to loose)

The Undertaker vs. Triple H (Hell in a Cell Match with special referee Shawn Michaels)

Team Teddy vs. Team Johnny

WWE Champion CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus (I don't know why but this may be the surprise match of the night)

Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show (Rhodes is on a hot streak, dont see him losing)

Randy Orton vs. Kane (DOn't really care)

Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounosvs. Divas Champion Beth Phoenix & Eve (DOn't really care either, I see a rif between Phoenix and EVe causing the loss)[

My picks (one of which came true, albeit in silly fashion).

Sheamus def. Bryan...CHECK!!!

Punk def. Jericho....That's more like it. The match was much better, once Jericho stopped trying to get Punk DQed.

Orton def. Kane...NOPE!!!

Team Teddy def. Team Johnny.....Boy, am I smelling up the joint with my picks tonight.

Rhodes def. Big Show...This STINKS; I'm 1-2 now.

Undertaker def. Helmsley.....20-0...ENOUGH SAID!!

Cena def. Rock

Kelly, Mednounous def. Phoenix, Eve.....THIS MATCH needed to end in 18 seconds, not the World title match.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: WrestleMania 28 - DISCUSSION & RESULTS:
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »
'Taker came to the ring, looking like a black Super Shredder.

Now, he's got a buzz cut and a 'Frohawk. The cell has a red tint over it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 06:40:41 PM »
This title match is DUMB. It's just Jericho trying to get Punk DQed, because Laurinitis said Punk can lose the belt via disqualification.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 06:55:10 PM »
My buddy lives in Miami and is there right now.
He's not a mark, but he's been a fan all his life. Like me, he's not keen on the current product, but he had the chance to go.
This is his first Mania, and he's ecstatic to be there! I've gotten a few updates to my phone throughout the evening; he says it's quite the spectacle. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 07:03:20 PM »
Funkasaurus is doing something silly, now!! Some short woman that's supposed to be his "mama" is dancing with a bunch of old women and Naomi and Cameron.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 07:05:01 PM »
My buddy lives in Miami and is there right now.
He's not a mark, but he's been a fan all his life. Like me, he's not keen on the current product, but he had the chance to go.
This is his first Mania, and he's ecstatic to be there! I've gotten a few updates to my phone throughout the evening; he says it's quite the spectacle. 

I know the feeling. I did the same thing, four years ago, when WrestleMania was in Orlando.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 07:07:42 PM »
If I'm going to go over .500, CENA HAS TO WIN!!

Sean "Diddy" Combs is getting booed out of the building , introducing MGK...who's introducing Cena.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 07:10:54 PM »
I know the feeling. I did the same thing, four years ago, when WrestleMania was in Orlando.

Yeah, he has no regrets.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »
Now, it's Flo Rida, singing for Rock's entrance.

Hey, at least they perform LIVE at WrestleMania, unlike the Super Bowl.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 07:22:54 PM »
I'll go for broke here. CENA, BY SUBMISSION!!

Same staredown thing that they had with Rock and Hogan, ten years ago.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 07:37:03 PM »
Fruity Pebbels chants vs. Tooth Fairy chants

Now, there are chants of "Same old S&@T!", when Cena hit the shoulder blocks, the slam, and the "You can't see me!!".

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 07:59:18 PM »
SO much for my picks. Rock WON!!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 08:14:52 PM »
Not a bad show overall, HHH vs Taker was the highlight, which was nice.  Having HBK there made the match for me, awesome piece of story telling, with emotion and meaning.  I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was to be honest. 

Punk/Jericho was good as well, solid skills by both, and I was surprised to see Punk win it.

Sheamus/Bryan made me laugh, but I'd have preferred to see them actually given chance to wrestle.

Bad points:
- Diva's match, no point to it whatsoever.
- Funkasaurus?  What a waste of 5 minutes, could have easily given someone else that time to do something better.
- Cena/Rock was OK I suppose, but not worth the amount of build it got.  I can't fault Cena's work ethic, and he's got fantastic charisma and mic skills, but his ring work just isn't up to Rock's level.  Once again he was calling things quite clearly, pausing before certain moves/switches, and the match just wasn't fluid.  The pairing didn't work, and I hope they don't have a rematch.
- Finally, the Spanish announcers table was left standing.  This simply isn't on, and I'm considering sending a letter of complaint to WWE.

;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 12:41:24 PM »
So, do you guys think this will bury Bryan?
Has this angle relegated him to transitional champ/enhancement talent?

Regardless of what "creative" has/had in mind, how do you think he will now be seen in the fans' eyes?

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 01:30:39 PM »
So, do you guys think this will bury Bryan?
Has this angle relegated him to transitional champ/enhancement talent?

Regardless of what "creative" has/had in mind, how do you think he will now be seen in the fans' eyes?

Really pissed about this. Many people felt this would be a highlight match of the night. Very upsetting.....

And now where does Cena go?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 01:40:54 PM »
Really pissed about this. Many people felt this would be a highlight match of the night. Very upsetting.....

And now where does Cena go?

I may try to catch a little bit of RAW tonight to see if they do anyting with Cena. I honestly thought this angle would serve as the launchpad for a major turning point for his character.

One of the news sites claimed that management had planned for the World Title match to be a quick bout several weeks ago.
Apparently - and I can't imagine why - they wanted to set a new record for the quickest title match at WrestleMania, which was previously held by Kane and Chavo Guerrero for the ECW Title at WM 24. However, last night's World Title bout did not beat the record, as it lasted 18 seconds; the Kane/Guerrero match lasted 8 seconds.