Author Topic: Rotator Cuff Surgery: How Many GetBiggers Have Had It?  (Read 2307 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Rotator Cuff Surgery: How Many GetBiggers Have Had It?
« on: April 04, 2012, 06:48:13 PM »
How many GetBiggers have had this surgery?  Arthroscopic or completely cut open?  I have to be cut open because the tear is so bad.  What can I expect....

EL PACIFICIO!

MikMaq

Re: Rotator Cuff Surgery: How Many GetBiggers Have Had It?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 07:26:42 PM »
Like the most painful shit ever good look alex.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 07:33:54 PM »
How many GetBiggers have had this surgery?  Arthroscopic or completely cut open?  I have to be cut open because the tear is so bad.  What can I expect....

EL PACIFICIO!

What muscle is torn?

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 07:40:56 PM »

Fallsview
you can expect
the doctor to
put his dingdong
in your mouth
and take a picture
while you are
under
good luck
faggotview

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 07:44:29 PM »
2006 left shoulder arthoscopic surgery small tear. I was back at work within a week reaching overhead no big deal. off all pain meds within 2days.

2008 right shoulder arthoscopic surgery bigger tear. back at work overcoming, inprovising and adapting to make it work. off all pain meds within 2days.

2008 major right shoulder injury. completely detached rotator tendon from bone & completely detached rotator muscle from tendon. cut me open and cut through deltoid muscle. out of work for 5months, on pain meds for 2months. slept in lazy boy chair for 2months. serious pain post op. long hours of rehab everyday. took over a year to get back to where i was before the injury but now i am stonger than ever on bench, i just can't lift any real weight overhead.

the answer will be that you need to be the poster boy for rehab. push yourself. any questions pm me. i've also detached both biceps tendons at the elbows, 2005 & 2007.
sept 10th APF

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 09:38:17 PM »
2006 left shoulder arthoscopic surgery small tear. I was back at work within a week reaching overhead no big deal. off all pain meds within 2days.

2008 right shoulder arthoscopic surgery bigger tear. back at work overcoming, inprovising and adapting to make it work. off all pain meds within 2days.

2008 major right shoulder injury. completely detached rotator tendon from bone & completely detached rotator muscle from tendon. cut me open and cut through deltoid muscle. out of work for 5months, on pain meds for 2months. slept in lazy boy chair for 2months. serious pain post op. long hours of rehab everyday. took over a year to get back to where i was before the injury but now i am stonger than ever on bench, i just can't lift any real weight overhead.

the answer will be that you need to be the poster boy for rehab. push yourself. any questions pm me. i've also detached both biceps tendons at the elbows, 2005 & 2007.

Damn, what did you do to deserve that? Most rc surgeries take up to full year to recover from.

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 10:05:26 PM »

Fallsview
you can expect
the doctor to
put his dingdong
in your mouth
and take a picture
while you are
under
good luck
faggotview
You're no Juruth.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 03:58:41 AM »

Thanks..I pm'ed you. 

You would think more bodybuilders would have this done because steroids don't strengthen the tendon...?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 03:59:32 AM »

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 04:11:19 AM »
Thats definitelly a big part. AAS makes your muscles stronger and thus your tendons in comparison much weaker. COmbine that with the epic feeling of being on juice and wanting to beast everything--->shit happens.

GH is the best for making your tendins grow strong along with your muscles. EVen post-surgery it is a formidable recovery agent (I call it Agent Smith... :D)!

It seems like Markus Ruhl has a scar on his delt...I wonder if it's from sugury?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 08:42:31 AM »
keep markus out of this

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 08:50:20 AM »
Ive had it done in 2008 by Dr. Samani who also happens to have worked on a few Tigers players.   Three small holes in the shoulder and two more on the back.  It took me several weeks to recover but I am glad I had it done. Sleeping was the worst. Before getting the surgery done I had a hard time finding a good sleeping position.
A

godeep

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 01:24:31 PM »
Partially tore my right one in 2003 and had the option of lengthy rehab or surgery. Opted for rehab. And gear.

Still fucks with me now and most recently (2 months ago) was on cycle and had been experiencing discomfort for quite some time. Now that I'm in between cycles and also due to the discomfort I have lowered my workout weight drastically. Certain movements I think will always tweak it, most notably barbell mil presses
l