Author Topic: Scar tissue  (Read 2112 times)

deadpan

• Getbig IV
Scar tissue
« on: April 16, 2012, 05:40:06 PM »
How do you deal with it? I know rotating injection sites works to some degree, but everyone has their "favorite" muscles and others that they hate to pin.

massage? hgh?

discuss

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Scar tissue
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 08:11:25 PM »
stop injecting
TEAM Nasser

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 08:48:59 PM »
have you ever seen a scar completely go away from someone's face or body? these are small scars, superficial skin scars.

injection scars are big scars that run the length of needles. they never go away, once you have them they are permanent so it's kind of a done deal at that point. deep tissue massage can help break the scar tissue up so the scaring is more comfortable but it won't remove it.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 11:27:43 PM »
have you ever seen a scar completely go away from someone's face or body? these are small scars, superficial skin scars.

injection scars are big scars that run the length of needles. they never go away, once you have them they are permanent so it's kind of a done deal at that point. deep tissue massage can help break the scar tissue up so the scaring is more comfortable but it won't remove it.

shit so it never goes away? how to all the pros deal with it then?

what about maybe deep tissue massage or something like ART, i remember antoine vaillant was actually getting ART sessions a while ago.

http://www.softclinic.ca/graston_soft_tissue.html

another thing i've considered is acetyl l-carnitine, supposedly it helps with penile scar tissue (peyronies) but that might be a different kind of scar tissue altogether

*EDIT* i found an interesting article describing how the muscle reacts to microtrauma, might help some of yall prevent scar tissue a bit better, obviously prevention is a big step and much easier than reversal

http://www.iaaf.org/mm/document/imported/42032.pdf

will probably start shooting subq more as well

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 10:43:59 AM »
you can either stop injecting or deal with it and keep injecting.  Scar tissue just doesn't disappear.

Kind of like gyno, once you got it, you got it. 

TEAM Nasser

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 12:07:53 PM »
no reason you should have scar tissue...I have been using the same 4 sites for almost 10 years and I do compete so ed injections have been done, eod is what i normally do and no issues. How much are you injecting into each site and how often are you hitting them?
muscle

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 01:10:06 PM »
no reason you should have scar tissue...I have been using the same 4 sites for almost 10 years and I do compete so ed injections have been done, eod is what i normally do and no issues. How much are you injecting into each site and how often are you hitting them?

ED, typically 2-3CC's water based peptides, i try to rotate but i only have slin pins (waiting on a shipment of 10cc luer lok types so i can minimize injections), i reused a few of them so the tips probably got blunted and tore into the muscle a bit, i think my technique wasn't the best, needle kinda wiggles around a bit, i'm getting better results now that im more skilled at shooting.

the worst site was the outer calf, i think i got an abscess because i pulled a valentino and shot with a dirty needle, it was red and itchy for a while, was stupid of me i didn't think anything of it at the time though. now it just feels kind of hard, and when i shot again the needle "crunched" through and it bled for a bit, needless to say im avoiding that site for now.

i read that oil-based gear almost always causes a sterile abscess unless you inject it super slowly (i believe 3 minutes per cc was the safe speed), which causes scarring as well.

i'm just starting out with injections and am probably going to be using all kinds of drugs for a long time so i figured scar tissue buildup would be inevitable at some point.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 01:13:35 PM »

depends what you are injecting.

scar tissue is the body's response to tissue damage and rapidly trying to replace it. if you inject poorly, or if you inject gear that causes a lot of pip, you're much more likely to get scar tissue. though, painless gear can cause scarring as well so if gear is painless people shouldn't assume they can't get scar tissue because there's still a puncture wound from the needle.

if you keep using the same spot you'll get it eventually without question though.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 01:16:21 PM »
depends what you are injecting.

scar tissue is the body's response to tissue damage and rapidly trying to replace it. if you inject poorly, or if you inject gear that causes a lot of pip, you're much more likely to get scar tissue. though, painless gear can cause scarring as well so if gear is painless people shouldn't assume they can't get scar tissue because there's still a puncture wound from the needle.

if you keep using the same spot you'll get it eventually without question though.

are there any absorption disadvantages to shooting subq for gear or peptides? i know scar tissue can build up under the skin as well but i don't really care about that as much, worst case scenario i can get a chunk of it cut out but idunno, it kills me mentally to think im killing off the very muscle fibers im trying to grow. i'm probably going to try to stick to subq as much as possible from now on.

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 01:43:25 PM »
I inject lipostabil choline with every one of my AAS shots.
It has completely eliminated scar tissue that I had built up from daily shots over the course of years.
I used to have that crackle and pop sound when injecting biceps, it was so bad that I sometimes couldn't
push the plunger in since it was all fibrous tissue. Since using the LPC, I haven't had any crackling at all, and
never had an issue with the plunger not going in smoothly.
I have even heard of people injecting gyno tissue with LPC and drastically reducing it. I will experiment with that
in the future since I have some marble sized lumps under my nipples again.

I hear that injectable HYA does the same thing as far as scar tissue elimination (not sure about the reduction
of gyno, haven't heard of anyone using it for that yet).
I use LPC for the fatloss and lipid benefits too though, so no reason for me to switch just yet. It does get costly
though.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 01:55:41 PM »
I inject lipostabil choline with every one of my AAS shots.
It has completely eliminated scar tissue that I had built up from daily shots over the course of years.
I used to have that crackle and pop sound when injecting biceps, it was so bad that I sometimes couldn't
push the plunger in since it was all fibrous tissue. Since using the LPC, I haven't had any crackling at all, and
never had an issue with the plunger not going in smoothly.
I have even heard of people injecting gyno tissue with LPC and drastically reducing it. I will experiment with that
in the future since I have some marble sized lumps under my nipples again.

I hear that injectable HYA does the same thing as far as scar tissue elimination (not sure about the reduction
of gyno, haven't heard of anyone using it for that yet).
I use LPC for the fatloss and lipid benefits too though, so no reason for me to switch just yet. It does get costly
though.

THANKS this is the kind of stuff i was looking for! Will definitely look into it.

I looked into injectable collagen-loosening steroids that they use for surgical scarring but there were quite a few side effects and the injections had to be limited to a few a year because it can eat away at muscle, bones and joints.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 03:49:24 PM »
ED, typically 2-3CC's water based peptides, i try to rotate but i only have slin pins (waiting on a shipment of 10cc luer lok types so i can minimize injections), i reused a few of them so the tips probably got blunted and tore into the muscle a bit, i think my technique wasn't the best, needle kinda wiggles around a bit, i'm getting better results now that im more skilled at shooting.

the worst site was the outer calf, i think i got an abscess because i pulled a valentino and shot with a dirty needle, it was red and itchy for a while, was stupid of me i didn't think anything of it at the time though. now it just feels kind of hard, and when i shot again the needle "crunched" through and it bled for a bit, needless to say im avoiding that site for now.

i read that oil-based gear almost always causes a sterile abscess unless you inject it super slowly (i believe 3 minutes per cc was the safe speed), which causes scarring as well.

i'm just starting out with injections and am probably going to be using all kinds of drugs for a long time so i figured scar tissue buildup would be inevitable at some point.

ooo Ive never heard that about oil based cause thats all i will use, I wont use water based for injection. I have only once had a sterile abscess in my delt but thats it, I inject 3-4cc in about a minute or so and I rub that site for a few minutes after
muscle