Author Topic: Obama South American trip rocked by Secret Service scandal.  (Read 16392 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama South American trip rocked by Secret Service scandal.
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2012, 08:53:13 AM »
..Twenty or 21 women brought to Colombia hotel by agents, military -senator

Reuters – 38 minutes ago....

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -

Twenty or 21 women were brought back to the hotel in Colombia by U.S. Secret Service agents and members of the U.S. military in an incident last week involving alleged misconduct with prostitutes, U.S. Senator Susan Collins said on Tuesday.

Collins was briefed by the director of the Secret Service, Mark Sullivan, on Monday evening. "There are 11 agents involved. Twenty or 21 women foreign nationals were brought to the hotel, but allegedly Marines were involved with the rest," the Republican senator said in comments emailed to Reuters by her spokesman.

(Reporting By Susan Cornwell; Editing by Eric Beech)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2012, 09:10:46 AM »
..Twenty or 21 women brought to Colombia hotel by agents, military -senator

Reuters – 38 minutes ago....

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -

Twenty or 21 women were brought back to the hotel in Colombia by U.S. Secret Service agents and members of the U.S. military in an incident last week involving alleged misconduct with prostitutes, U.S. Senator Susan Collins said on Tuesday.

Collins was briefed by the director of the Secret Service, Mark Sullivan, on Monday evening. "There are 11 agents involved. Twenty or 21 women foreign nationals were brought to the hotel, but allegedly Marines were involved with the rest," the Republican senator said in comments emailed to Reuters by her spokesman.

(Reporting By Susan Cornwell; Editing by Eric Beech)

Heh.
Doesnt suprise me. Marines have been buying hookers in port cities for decades. This is pretty common fare for them.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2012, 09:41:40 AM »
Anytime I get horny I just pray to Jesus and he gives me a handjob.

G

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2012, 10:26:05 AM »
I am still waiting for the bread crumbs that lead back to Obama.  Think The Globe will reveal those?  Or will that lead to cities being torched too?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2012, 10:48:03 AM »
President Gave a Speech at Hooker's Point As Hookergate Erupted

By Susan Jones

April 17, 2012

(CNSNews.com) - Oh, the irony: On Friday, April 13, on his way to the Summit of the Americas in Cartagena, Colombia, President Obama stopped at the Port of Tampa to give a speech at the Hooker's Point Security Operations Center.

As the president spoke at Hooker's Point, hookergate -- a scandal involving the President's Secret Service advance team -- was erupting in Cartagena.

According to press reports, the day before the president arrived in Colombia, 11 Secret Service agents and at least ten military personnel were sent home for partying with prostitutes at a Cartagena hotel on Wednesday night.

The Secret Service personnel are now on administrative leave and they've had their security clearances revoked as the investigation continues, the agency announced.

In his speech at the Hooker's Point Operations Center (sometimes spelled Hookers), President Obama discussed the benefits of trade with Latin America.

His first comments on the Secret Service hooker scandal came two days later, on April 15, at a joint news conference with the president of Colombia.

Obama told reporters that "what happened here in Colombia" is being investigated by the Secret Service:

"I expect that investigation to be thorough and I expect it to be rigorous," the president said. "If it turns out that some of the allegations that have been made in the press are confirmed, then of course I'll be angry -- because my attitude with respect to the Secret Service personnel is no different than what I expect out of my delegation that’s sitting here. We're representing the people of the United States. And when we travel to another country, I expect us to observe the highest standards because we're not just representing ourselves, we're here on behalf of our people. And that means that we conduct ourselves with the utmost dignity and probity. And obviously what's been reported doesn’t match up with those standards.

But again, I think I'll wait until the full investigation is completed before I pass final judgment," he added.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2012, 11:28:26 AM »
Obama Ignores Reporter Asking Him If Secret Service Chief Should Resign (video)
RealClearPolitics ^ | April 17, 2012 | RealClearPolitics

"Mr. President, should [Secret Service] Director [Mark] Sullivan resign?" a reporter yelled out after President Obama was done speaking about regulating oil markets in the Rose Garden.

"Obama turned his back and left," MSNBC reported.

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2012, 02:19:35 PM »
:).  Just read that is is going to come out soon that the girls were underage.   

I really hope that's not the case.

Makes the whole country look bad.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2012, 02:28:03 PM »

I really hope that's not the case.

Makes the whole country look bad.
Well to be fair, theres a good chance they didnt know how old they were. Probably arent going to card chicks hooking out of a brothel.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2012, 02:40:35 PM »
REPORT: Secret Service Agents Hired A LOT Of Prostitutes At This Seedy Colombian Strip Club

Grace Wyler |

Investigators now believe that Secret Service agents brought as many as 21 prostitutes back to their hotel in Colombia this week, according to a new new report from the Washington Post.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME), the top Republican on the Senate Homeland Security Committee, told the WaPo today that Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan has informed her that 20 or 21 prostitutes were hired by the agents, double the number of girls suggested in initial reports.

Eleven Secret Service agents have been suspended in the scandal, which may also have involved up to 10 military personnel assigned to Obama's advance security detail in Cartagena.

Several news outlets reported today that the agents picked up the women at the Pleyclub, a low-rent strip club/brothel in Cartagena, where the "gringos" drank "fine whiskey," hired "the prettiest girls," and bragged about protected Obama, according to one anonymous Pleyclub employee quoted in Colombia's El Heraldo newspaper. Other employees of Pleyclub have denied that the agents left with girls from the club.

Photos from the clubs Facebook page indicate that it is a pretty seedy place, where men can hire the girls dancing onstage to take them to private "pleyrooms."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/secret-service-agents-hired-up-to-21-prostitutes-in-colombia-scandal-2012-4#ixzz1sKttweJ4

________________________ ____________________

21 prostitutes  out of the same place seems high no?   

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2012, 02:41:13 PM »
Well to be fair, theres a good chance they didnt know how old they were. Probably arent going to card chicks hooking out of a brothel.

That's irrelevant.  Most federal employees and just about everyone I know that goes overseas has to take training in Trafficking of Persons where this is covered.  If there's even a hint, you get burned. 

Even if it's legal in the country they are in...they are adjudicated under the American system.

If they didn't know they should've just stayed away (assuming they were underage).

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2012, 03:15:41 PM »

That's irrelevant.  Most federal employees and just about everyone I know that goes overseas has to take training in Trafficking of Persons where this is covered.  If there's even a hint, you get burned. 

Even if it's legal in the country they are in...they are adjudicated under the American system.

If they didn't know they should've just stayed away (assuming they were underage).
Oh I agree, especially in being attached to the Presidential detail, you'd think theyd understand that its a little different.
But like I said earlier, doesnt really suprise me, I personally know a bunch of Marines that loved going to dock in Asia specifically for the hookers. Pretty sure their CO's knew what was going on, they just looked the other way.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2012, 04:45:42 PM »
Oh I agree, especially in being attached to the Presidential detail, you'd think theyd understand that its a little different.
But like I said earlier, doesnt really suprise me, I personally know a bunch of Marines that loved going to dock in Asia specifically for the hookers. Pretty sure their CO's knew what was going on, they just looked the other way.

Semper Fi...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2012, 05:35:26 PM »
Semper Fi...
Do or die. Ooh Rah buddy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2012, 06:53:04 PM »
Prostitution scandal ricochets through Washington

By JULIE PACE
Associated Press

AP Photo/Alex Brandon
Politics Video

Advertisement

Buy AP Photo Reprints

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Secret Service prostitution scandal escalated Tuesday with the disclosure that at least 20 women had been in hotel rooms with U.S. agents and military personnel just before President Barack Obama arrived for a summit with Latin American leaders. The head of the Secret Service said he had referred the matter to an independent government investigator.

Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan, shuttling between briefings for lawmakers on Capitol Hill, was peppered with questions about whether the women had access to sensitive information that could have jeopardized Obama's security.

Sullivan said the 11 Secret Service agents and 10 military personnel under investigation were telling different stories about who the women were. Sullivan has dispatched more investigators to Colombia to interview the women, said Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee.

"Some are admitting (the women) were prostitutes, others are saying they're not, they're just women they met at the hotel bar," King said in a telephone interview. Sullivan said none of the women, who had to surrender their IDs at the hotel, were minors. "But prostitutes or not, to be bringing a foreign national back into a secure zone is a problem."

King said it appeared the agency actually had "really lucked out." If the women were working for a terrorist organization or other anti-American group, King said, they could have had access to information about the president's whereabouts or security protocols while in the agents' rooms.

"This could have been disastrous," King said.

The burgeoning scandal has been a growing election-year embarrassment for Obama, who has said he would be angry if the allegations proved to be true.

At the White House, Obama was asked at the end of a Rose Garden event whether he believed Sullivan should resign. The president ignored the shouted inquiries; his spokesman later Obama had confidence in the Secret Service chief.

"Director Sullivan acted quickly in response to this incident and is overseeing an investigation as we speak into the matter," White House press secretary Jay Carney said.

On Thursday, eleven Secret Service agents were recalled to the U.S. from Colombia and placed on administrative leave after a night of partying that allegedly ended with at least some bringing prostitutes back to their hotel. On Monday, the agency announced that it also had revoked the agents' security clearances.

At least 10 U.S. military personnel staying at the same hotel were also being investigated for their role in the alleged misconduct.

Two U.S. military officials said they include five Army Green Berets. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity about an investigation that is still under way.

One of the officials said the group also includes two Navy Explosive Ordinance Disposal technicians, two Marine dog handlers and an Air Force airman. The Special Forces Green Berets were working with Colombia's counterterrorist teams, the official said.

The agents and service members were in Colombia setting up security ahead of Obama's three-day trip to the port city of Cartagena for a summit attended by about 30 other world leaders.

People briefed on the incident said the agents brought women back to Cartagena's Hotel Caribe, where other members of the U.S. delegation and the White House press corps also were staying. Anyone visiting the hotel overnight was required to leave identification at the front desk and leave the hotel by 7 a.m. When a woman failed to do so, by this account, it raised questions among hotel staff and police, who investigated. They found the woman with the agent in a hotel room and a dispute arose over whether the agent should have paid her.

While the identities of those being investigated have not been revealed, Maryland Republican Senate candidate Daniel Bongino told The Associated Press Tuesday that his brother, an agent who was on duty in Colombia, is "cooperating" with the investigation. Bongino, a former agent himself, insisted that his brother was not a target of the investigation.

The Secret Service has insisted that Obama's security was not undermined by the incident, which happened before he arrived in Colombia.

Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, the ranking Republican on the Homeland Security Committee said Tuesday that "20 or 21 women foreign nationals" were brought to the hotel. Eleven of the Americans involved were Secret Service, she said and "allegedly Marines were involved with the rest."

In at least one of his briefings with lawmakers, Sullivan said he was calling on an inspector general to hold an independent review. Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, welcomed that news, saying an independent review "should help the agency regain some respect from the American taxpayers and from people around the world."

The Secret Service did not immediately respond to a request for comment about Grassley's account.

Meanwhile, a person familiar with the agency's operations said it was unlikely the agents involved would have had access to detailed presidential travel itineraries or security plans. Those materials are often given to agents only on the day they carry out their assignments and are kept in secure locations, not hotel rooms, the person said, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Danny Spriggs, a 28-year veteran of the service and a former deputy director, said there was no doubt that the agents had put themselves in a compromising situation in which security could have been affected. But he said the incident did not reflect a systemic problem.

"I think we need to be careful not to paint that incident and paint the agency with a broad brush," said Spriggs, now the vice president of global security for the AP. "The vast majority of the men and women of the Secret Service conduct their duties with the utmost professionalism."

---

Associated Press writers Laurie Kellman, Robert Burns and Kimberly Dozier in Washington and Verena Dobnik in New York contributed to this report.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2012, 07:06:18 PM »
Secret Service Agents Took 20 Women To Colombian Hotel, Says Senator
Guardian (UK) ^ | April 17, 2012 | Karen McVeigh
Posted on April 17, 2012 9:47:23 PM EDT by Steelfish

Secret Service Agents Took 20 Women To Colombian Hotel, Says Senator Susan Collins says director is pursuing 'vigorous internal investigation' as scandal triggers scrutiny of agency's culture

Karen McVeigh 17 April 2012 At least 20 women were brought back to a hotel in Colombia by secret service agents and military personnel who are now under investigation into allegations of misconduct involving prostitutes, according to a US senator.

Speaking after she was briefed by the director of the secret service, Susan Collins, the top Republican on the Senate homeland security committee, said on Tuesday: "There are 11 agents involved. Twenty or 21 women foreign nationals were brought to the hotel, but allegedly marines were involved with the rest."

A spokesman for the secret service told the Guardian that it had revoked the top security clearances of the 11 employees, who have been placed on administrative leave and can no longer access official facilities. A number of military personnel, believed to be as many as 10, were also allegedly involved in misconduct at the hotel in Cartagena where President Barack Obama was due to stay ahead of a summit.

A US official told Reuters on Monday that more than 10 military service members may have been involved.

The incident, which overshadowed Obama's visit to the summit in Colombia, has triggered scrutiny of a culture where, according to the Washington Post, married secret service agents joke during aircraft take-off that their motto is "wheels up, rings off". It has also prompted questions about discipline and leadership in the service.

(Excerpt) Read more at guardian.co.uk ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2012, 04:27:08 AM »
New low ‘blow’: Coke eyed at Secret Service ho-down (Cocaine)
NY Post ^ | 4/18/12 | HARRISON HERNANDEZ in Cartagena, Colombia and CHUCK BENNETT and LORENA MONGELLI
Posted on April 18, 2012 7:21:40 AM EDT by jimbo123

The Secret Service sure knows how to party.

Cocaine and several bottles of whiskey apparently fueled the elite agents’ boneheaded fling with about 20 hookers at a posh hotel in Cartagena, Colombia, a hotel staffer told The Post.

The employee responded to the trashed room with police and other Hotel El Caribe workers when one prostitute raised hell after a Secret Service member initially refused to pay her.

“When I went upstairs I walked into a messy room. The room was littered with two whiskey bottles — and a line of white powder, I believed to be cocaine, was on top of a round glass table in the room,” the staffer told The Post.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

I wonder if Barry did a few lines like the good ole days. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2012, 12:28:17 PM »
Escort Recounts Quarrel With Secret Service Agent
By WILLIAM NEUMAN

www.nyt.com

CARTAGENA, Colombia — A Secret Service agent preparing for President Obama’s arrival at an international summit meeting and a single mother from Colombia who makes a living as a high-priced escort faced off in a room at the Hotel Caribe a week ago over how much he owed her for the previous night’s intercourse. “I tell him, ‘Baby, my cash money,’ ” the woman said in her first public comments on a spat that would soon spiral into a full-blown scandal.

The dispute — he offered $30 for services she thought they had agreed were worth 25 times that — triggered a tense early morning struggle in the hallway of the posh hotel involving the woman, another prostitute, Colombian police officers arguing on the women’s behalf and American federal agents who tried but failed to keep the matter — which has shaken the reputation of the Secret Service — from escalating.

Sitting on a couch in her living room wearing a short jean skirt, high-heeled espadrilles and a tight spandex top with a plunging neckline, the woman described how she and a girlfriend were approached by a group of American men at a discotheque. In an account that tracked with the official version of events coming out of Washington, but could not be independently confirmed, she said the men bought a bottle of Absolut vodka for the table and when that was finished bought a second one.

“They never told me they were with Obama,” she said. “They were very discreet.”

A taxi driver who picked up the woman at the Hotel Caribe the morning of the encounter said he heard her and another woman recount the dispute over payment. When approached by The Times, the woman was reluctant to speak about what occurred. As she nervously told her story, a friend gave details that seemed to corroborate her account.

There was a language gap between the 24-year-old woman, who declined to give her full name, and the American man who sat beside her all night and eventually invited her back to his room. She agreed, stopped on the way to buy condoms but told him he would have to give her a gift. He asked how much. Not knowing he worked for President Obama but figuring he was a well-heeled foreigner, she said she told him $800.

The price alone, she said, indicates that she is an escort, not a prostitute. “You have higher rank,” she said. “An escort is someone who a man can take out to dinner. She can dress nicely, wear nice makeup, speak and act like a lady. That’s me.”

By 6:30 the next morning, after being awoken by a telephone call from the hotel front desk reminding her that, under the hotel’s rules for prostitutes, she had to leave, whatever deal the two had agreed on had broken down. She recalled that the man told her he had been drunk when they discussed the price. He countered with an offer of 50,000 pesos, the equivalent of about $30.

Disgusted with such a low offer, she pressed the matter. He became angry, ordered her out of the room and called her an expletive, she said.

She said she was crying at that point and went across the hall, where another escort had spent the night with a second American man from the same group. Both women began trying to get the money.

They knocked on the door but got no response. She threatened to call the police, but the man’s friend begged her not to, saying they did not want trouble. Finally, she said, she left to go home but came across a policeman who was stationed on the hallway and called in an English-speaking colleague.

He accompanied her back to the room and the dispute escalated. Two other Americans from the club emerged from their rooms and stood guard in front of their friend’s locked door. The two Colombian officers tried to argue the woman’s case.

A hotel security officer arrived. Eventually, she lowered her demand to $250, which she said was the amount she has to pay the man who helps find her customers. Eager to resolve the matter fast, the American men eventually gave her a combination of dollars and local currency worth about $225, and she left.

It was only days later, once a friend she had shared her story with called to say that the dispute had made the television news, that she learned that the man had been a Secret Service agent.

She was dismayed, she said, that the news reports have described her as a prostitute as though she walked the streets picking up just anyone.

“It’s the same but it’s different,” she said, indicating that she is much more selective about her clients and charges much more than a streetwalker. “It’s like when you buy a fine rum or a BlackBerry or an iPhone. They have a different price.”

The woman veered between anger and fear as she told of her misadventure. “I’m scared,” she said, indicating she did not want the man she spent the night with to get into any trouble but now feared that he might retaliate against her.

“This is something really big,” she said. “This is the government of the United States. I have nervous attacks. I cry all the time.”

The Secret Service declined to comment on the woman’s account. Among the issues under review is whether the security personnel went out that night looking for prostitutes or whether they encountered them where they had been drinking.

“There was no evidence that these women were seeking these guys out — that they were waiting for Secret Service agents — but all of that is being looked into,” said Representative Peter T. King, the chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security.

Mr. King, who was briefed on the matter on Tuesday by Mark Sullivan, the Secret Service director, said that the Secret Service agents at the hotel had provided conflicting reports about the night’s events.

“Some of them were saying they didn’t know they were prostitutes,” he said. “Some are saying they were women at the bar. I understand that there was quite a bit of drinking.”

When a reporter read the woman’s account to him over the phone on Wednesday, Mr. King said, “Nothing you are telling me contradicts what I have been told.” He said that there was no evidence that the women obtained information about the president’s security, but he added: “That is still be looked at.”

He said that investigators believe the youngest woman involved was 20 years old.

As for cooperating with the American investigators who are seeking to interview as many as 21 different women who they believe may have spent the night with American security officers in advance of Mr. Obama’s arrival, the woman who was involved in the payment dispute said she was not interested in that. She said she was planning to leave Cartagena soon.

Michael S. Schmidt contributed reporting from Washington.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2012, 06:44:27 PM »
Congressional Oversight Leaders Say Secret Service Agents Brought Prostitutes into Contact With Sensitive Security Information
Updated 36 min ago
The partying U.S. Secret Service agents and officers who allegedly brought prostitutes into their Cartagena, Colombia hotel rooms brought the call girls "into contact with sensitive security information," the Chair and ranking Democrat on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform wrote to Mark J. Sullivan, the director of the U.S. Secret Service today.
Sources tell ABC news that his was a reference to Sullivan, in a Monday meeting with congressional investigators, expressing concern that there was sensitive information in one or more of the rooms at the Hotel Caribe.
The charge is contained in a letter from Reps. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., and Elijah Cummings, D-Md., who wrote to Sullivan today that the
"nation's capacity to protect the President, the Vice President, and visiting foreign leaders, among others, is dependent on the character and judgment of the agents and officers of the U.S. Secret Service. The actions of at least 11 agents and officers in Colombia last week showed an alarming lack of both.
You can read the letter HERE.
"The facts as you described them raised questions about the agency's culture," the two congressmen write. "The incident in Cartagena is troubling because Secret Service agents and officers made a range of bad decisions, from drinking too much, to engaging with prostitutes, to bringing foreign nationals into contact with sensitive security information, to exposing themselves to blackmail and other forms of potential compromise."

In addition, the committee leaders asked for detailed information about the incident, including a "description of the Secret Service's current understanding of possible agent misconduct that occurred on the evening of Wednesday, April 11 and the morning of Thursday, April 12?; a "complete description and account of all U.S. Government personnel who were involved in or had contemporaneous knowledge of misconduct by agents and officers"; a timeline; summaries of all disciplinary actions since 2002 that have been taken against the 11 agents and officers involved in the Colombian incident; and a determination as to whether "all women involved in this incident were at least 18 years of age."

-Jake Tapper

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2012, 06:55:30 PM »
What's with Obama? His Falklands gaffe angers Brits, puzzles others
IBD Editorials ^ | April 18, 2012 | Andrew Malcom
Posted on April 18, 2012 8:25:55 PM EDT by Kaslin

OK, picture this: President George W. Bush, he of the cast-iron Texas tongue, at a news conference concluding an international summit.

He's asked about a dispute involving Argentina and Great Britain, our closest overseas ally, the one that's lost 408 soldiers by our side in Afghanistan, where we've fought a decade together to prevent a second 9/11.

In his answer, Bush refers to the disputed territory by the wrong name, misplacing the islands by some 8,000 miles. Worse than his geographic ignorance, instead of backing Britain, whose prime minister he just buddy-buddied at an NCAA game and White House state dinner, Bush says, Well, that's not really something he thinks the United States would take sides on.

Britain?

Or Argentina?

Seriously?

Do you think there might be some prolonged outraged news coverage back home about the latest Bush blunder, this time a two-fer?

Well, Bush never did that. But Barack Obama did last weekend.

We've seen ample coverage of the Colombian prostitute situation since. But have you been impressed by the media mockings of this latest international stupidity by the 44th United States president, who's previously talked about such things as the Austrian language, the president of Canada, E Pluribus Unum the national motto and traveling all 57 states?

(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com ...

Obamas trip was a complete disaster.   Gaffes galore, hookers, booze, Hillary drunk, etc.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2012, 07:29:20 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

3 agents out in wake of Secret Service scandal
Associated Press ^ | April 18, 2012 | ALICIA A. CALDWELL
Posted on April 18, 2012 7:15:25 PM EDT by Free ThinkerNY

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The prostitution scandal at the Secret Service claimed its first casualties Wednesday. The agency announced three agents are leaving the service, even as separate U.S. government investigations were under way.

The tawdry episode took a sharp political turn when presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney said he would fire the agents involved.

(Excerpt) Read more at hosted.ap.org ...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2012, 07:51:35 PM »
Here 240 - Ill go ahead for you. Hookergate was engineered to take the attention away from his idiocy.

lol.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2012, 07:58:49 AM »
Secret Service Pre-Planned Party at Colombian Hotel

Hotel Caribe

ABC News’ Reena Ninan, Christine Romo and Mary Bruce Report:

CARTAGENA, Colombia — Secret Service officials planning a wild night of fun in Colombia did some of their own advanced work last week, booking a party space at the Hotel Caribe before heading out to the night clubs, hotel sources tell ABC News exclusively.

As first reported by ABC, the men went to the “Pley Club” brothel, where they drank expensive whiskey and bragged that they worked for President Obama. The men were also serviced by prostitutes at the club.

But the night didn’t end there. The men brought women from the Pley Club back to the hotel and also picked up additional escorts from other clubs and venues around town, sources tell ABC News.

Eleven officials were involved and, according to Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, who was briefed on the misconduct by Secret Service, “twenty or twenty-one women foreign nationals were brought to the hotel.”

ABC has learned that, when booking the party space, the men told hotel staff that they anticipated roughly 30 people.

The following morning there was reportedly a dispute between one of the women and an official over the amount of money she was owed for spending the night. A quarrel ensued and the authorities were ultimately called.

The officials’ misconduct in Cartagena last week, ahead of the president’s visit for the Summit of the Americas, has already forced three agents out of their positions.

The Secret Service announced Wednesday that one supervisor was allowed to retire while another was “proposed for removal for cause.” A third, non-supervisory employee resigned. The remaining eight Secret Service personnel allegedly involved remain on administrative leave.

The Secret Service has also widened their investigation of the officials to include possible drug use during their partying in Cartagena, ABC News confirmed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2012, 08:01:27 AM »
Here 240 - Ill go ahead for you. Hookergate was engineered to take the attention away from his idiocy.

lol.

:) 

Zimmerman case was no longer interesting.   ya never know.  Levin and Rush and Hannity aren't talking about march jobs report that much - it's all trayvon this and secret service that.  Lots of sexy stories keep obama's woeful economic performance out of the news!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2012, 08:04:46 AM »
Secret Service Pre-Planned Party at Colombian Hotel

Hotel Caribe

ABC News’ Reena Ninan, Christine Romo and Mary Bruce Report:

CARTAGENA, Colombia — Secret Service officials planning a wild night of fun in Colombia did some of their own advanced work last week, booking a party space at the Hotel Caribe before heading out to the night clubs, hotel sources tell ABC News exclusively.

As first reported by ABC, the men went to the “Pley Club” brothel, where they drank expensive whiskey and bragged that they worked for President Obama. The men were also serviced by prostitutes at the club.

But the night didn’t end there. The men brought women from the Pley Club back to the hotel and also picked up additional escorts from other clubs and venues around town, sources tell ABC News.

Eleven officials were involved and, according to Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, who was briefed on the misconduct by Secret Service, “twenty or twenty-one women foreign nationals were brought to the hotel.”

ABC has learned that, when booking the party space, the men told hotel staff that they anticipated roughly 30 people.

The following morning there was reportedly a dispute between one of the women and an official over the amount of money she was owed for spending the night. A quarrel ensued and the authorities were ultimately called.

The officials’ misconduct in Cartagena last week, ahead of the president’s visit for the Summit of the Americas, has already forced three agents out of their positions.

The Secret Service announced Wednesday that one supervisor was allowed to retire while another was “proposed for removal for cause.” A third, non-supervisory employee resigned. The remaining eight Secret Service personnel allegedly involved remain on administrative leave.

The Secret Service has also widened their investigation of the officials to include possible drug use during their partying in Cartagena, ABC News confirmed.

Seems like conflicting reports - I read that the people went out to nightclubs and picked up the hookers escorts drunk as shit not really aware of what they were doing (which is plausible). ABC seems to want to make this malicious. The escort herself said she had no clue that they were working for the president. So im wondering where this article came up with its story.
Doesnt seem right.
Doesnt sound like trained top military and SS to me. The escort's story sounds more plausible.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2012, 08:07:19 AM »
I don't know about everyone else, but I have this thing called an "internet browser".

It allows me to visit the webistes I'm interested in.

So maybe not all the articles from the intrenet need to be pasted here.

Thanks anyway.

G