Author Topic: Mike Mattarazzo anti steroids quote  (Read 17985 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Mike Mattarazzo anti steroids quote
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 06:04:05 AM »
Do you think Freddy did one tenth of the steroids used today? You remind of the smoker that says my uncle smoked till he was 80. The dangers of smoking is all hype.  Drugs are a serious risk to health.
In this little sub culture of a sport it's amazing how many of it's stars has had serious heart and kidney problems. The list is long.

x2

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 06:18:14 AM »
also benefitted by the illusion  created by tiny joints.,

Interesting - shape is everything in BB.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 08:05:20 AM »
All the mr Os are alive

The ones that experimented in the beginning, the mega dosers, and lately the chemistry experiments

Rich gaspari was an abuser, took everything to extreme, he started before MM, and juices now still
All the guys in the 80s were HEAVY abusers, in the 90s, even more so

Apart from momo who died of cardiac arrest

Others are from kidney failure related to diuretics

Don youngblood drank, smoked and did recs in his life, that's different

Same story with sonny schmidt

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 09:50:23 AM »
Please the dangers of smoking is not "all hype".
Ask Freddy Ortiz or any other person who heavily smokes to walk up a hill, or on a incline treadmill (or even a flat one), guaranteed they'd be wheezing in 5-10 minutes.

I've seen one too many people go down due to smoking....if it ain't the lung cancer, it's the severe restriction of breathing...
^^
Agreed, I smoked while in the Army (believe it or not it's true...) but I gave up the minute I quit and returned to civilian life.  Never again!!

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 09:57:56 AM »

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 10:04:10 AM »
Schmoes don't want him anymore; his career is over.  ::)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012, 04:45:12 PM »
Red meat had nothing to do with it.  ::)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012, 04:48:10 PM »
Does he expect us to believe he only did steroids, growth hormones, diuretics five days or two days before a contest and only in his hotel room  ??? :-\ ::) ::)

This is why I steer clear of the roids:

"Oh, god, where do I begin? I'd have to say that everything that led to my heart problem began the minute I started getting serious about competitive bodybuilding. In order to get bigger, I'd eat five, six, seven pounds of red meat a day, no vegetables. And I'd stay away from fruits because of their sugar.

Worst were the chemicals. I have so many memories of being alone in a hotel room the week, five days or two days before a contest, and doing unspeakable things to my body—steroids, growth hormones, diuretics—anything and everything that we as bodybuilders do to achieve a certain look.

It has affected my whole life, so to all those guys who are on an eternal quest to have 21" arms and 20" calves, and who are so vain about their never-say-die attitude, I say, "Change your attitude." Worry about keeping that body of yours as healthy as possible, because it's going to have to last you not just through your next contest or to the end of your bodybuilding contract, but for a long time. And a long time for a human being is nothing. It goes by real quick, even quicker when your health is gone and you have nothing to stand on."

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2012, 05:57:54 PM »
He isn't dead ... is he?

Like he didn't have a clue what he was doing when he was doing it. C'mon.

I tend to like Mike, but give me a break.

I think the point he's trying to make is that he was operating with an "it'll never happen to me" attitude and, in retrospect, it wasn't worth it. The way I read the quote, he isn't trying to cast blame on anyone or act like he was unaware of what was going on. He's simply saying that he's come out on the other side with some regrets and that he encourages those playing the same game of Russian Roulette to get some perspective.

Ya the guy really hates steroids and what it did for him, that's why he promotes himself in that way still

http://m.facebook.com/pages/Mike-Mattarazzo/232014047627?id=232014047627&_rdr#!/media/set/?set=a.232036177627.138437.232014047627&type=1&v&__user=575242586

Not sure how an unofficial facebook fan page  that he isn't involved with equals "still promoting himself" as a steroid user.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2012, 06:04:05 PM »
I think the point he's trying to make is that he was operating with an "it'll never happen to me" attitude and, in retrospect, it wasn't worth it. The way I read the quote, he isn't trying to cast blame on anyone or act like he was unaware of what was going on. He's simply saying that he's come out on the other side with some regrets and that he encourages those playing the same game of Russian Roulette to get some perspective.

Not sure how an unofficial facebook fan page  that he isn't involved with equals "still promoting himself" as a steroid user.

ok my mistake, lets put up HIS official page

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001042042250&sk=photos

Default pic is of him ON the sauce

And quoting him "My best form"

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2012, 06:10:09 PM »
I hope he cashed in when he had the chance; at one point he was tier 3.  Maybe even tier 2!   :P

Now, not so much.  :(

$3000- $4000 club (tier 2)
Atwood, D. Ball, K. Green, M. Kjellstrom, Z. Khan, Kovacs, J. Long, V. Martinez, Ruhl, Scholz,

$2000 and under (tier 3)
Arntz, Efferding, D. Riley, Constantinos, R. Burneika, Centopani, S. Milne, S. Farmer

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2012, 06:52:40 PM »
ok my mistake, lets put up HIS official page

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001042042250&sk=photos

Default pic is of him ON the sauce

And quoting him "My best form"

I wonder if that is his page, though.
I mean, it could be, but it just seems off.
That profile pic is possibly the most random pic
he could have chosen with the exception of the pic he chose to caption as his best form. He wasn't perfect, but there are many pics that are better than that one. Also, a quick browse of his friends' list didn't turn up many pros who competed during his era (He's friends with a fake Ronnie Coleman profile.) It seems like the only verified industry names on his friends' list are people who have so many "friends" that they accept anyone who requests an add.  Maybe it's really him, it just seems odd.

I hope he cashed in when he had the chance; at one point he was tier 3.  Maybe even tier 2!   :P

Now, not so much.  :(

$3000- $4000 club (tier 2)
Atwood, D. Ball, K. Green, M. Kjellstrom, Z. Khan, Kovacs, J. Long, V. Martinez, Ruhl, Scholz,

$2000 and under (tier 3)
Arntz, Efferding, D. Riley, Constantinos, R. Burneika, Centopani, S. Milne, S. Farmer

It seems like the tiers get more heinous the higher they go. I'd hate to see how barfworthy tier 1 gets.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2012, 07:03:16 PM »
He was doing the ultimate abuse though. And eating 5 lbs of red meat a day would prob give anyone a heart attack.

you are dumb

red meat is healthy

steroids, etc are bad

Benoitlapierre

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2012, 07:33:24 PM »
guy was amazing n now in regrets

guy a legend ,,

worth th ride in my book

if he did not do that,,  he will be a nobody
Your messed up BLP!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2012, 07:40:54 PM »
Who came you name who had a better biceps/calves combination than a prime Mike Matarazzo? Short list, if there even is a list.