Author Topic: Hyundai vs. Honda (2012)  (Read 13009 times)

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
Re: Hyundai vs. Honda (2012)
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 10:46:02 PM »
Ahhhh, I'm going to chime in on this one, lol, years back, maybe a decade back hondas were the shit. Actually, the 70's all the way up to the nineties BUT those days are long gone. Hondas still build reliable cars but their technology (aside from Acura and their SH-AWD) is WAAAAAAAY behind, they still use 5 speed autos for the most part and not as fuel efficient as a lot of it's competitors!! The thing that sells hondas is their NAME and their loyal fan base. Hyundai shits all over them now. Honda doesn't have ONE RWD car and NO V-8 options. Competition has caught up and don't get me started with Acura when there are Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, Audi, Mercedes......

Hondas built their reputation long ago, a lot of people are waking up like ford, chevy, dodge, etc....

epic_alien

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 10:46:38 PM »
Why is this your worry?  Isn't this her car?  It's her decision.  A car is a very personal choice.  You should stay out of it.  Even if she asks you to opine you should stay out of it.  She is an adult and perfectly capable of making up her own mind.  She's working right?  Why are you talking about buying her a car?  If you influence her in any way, you risk getting blowback for anything that she might not like about the car in the future.  She has narrowed it down to two solid choices so I think you should back off.  If she was about to choose between a Honda and a lemon then by all means speak up, but given the two choices you named, you should shut up and let her make the decision on her own. :-X

in the real world women do as us men say. they are used to it and actually prefer it, even if they pretend they dont. now you being gay,  you think like a woman, so you would not understand this. hope that clarifies things.

go with the hyandai or whatever it is dude, a cheap car is a cheap car.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 10:52:08 PM »
Hyundai had admired Honda so much, that after the Acura Legend stopped production, they bought the tooling for it, and produced the car in Korea under a different name.

Hyundai/Kia seemingly goes thru other car manufacturers design catalogs and rip off their designs. The Hyundai Sonata---rip off of Lexus ES330/Camry/Mercedes CLS. Hyundai Genesis Coupe---rip off of Infiniti G37. Hyundai Genesis Sedan---rip off of Lexus LS, GS, BMW 7 series and 5 series and Merc S class. Hyundai Equus, Lexus LS. Kia Optima---rip off of Honda Accord and Civic...
Never seen so many rip off design cues since the Mazda RX7 ripping off the Porsche 944 and the Lexus LS ripping off the S class (back in the late 80s to early 90s), and last gen toyota MR-2 ripping off the Porsche Boxster.  

I don't agree with your rx7 statement  ;D that car is legend, always regarded as one of the greatest designs ever, if I'm not mistaken it's either him, the designer, also designed the e39 BMW and Ferrari Enzo ;)

Funny how people don't know but a lot of the German cars and ferraris were designed by the japanese....

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 10:55:14 PM »
Just got a 2012 Honda CRV very nice to cruise around with the kid in the back.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 11:03:22 PM »
My parents have own a Hyundai Sonata for the last 5-6 years, and have yet to have a major problem with it. I have owned two Hondas myself, no problems with my 09 civic yet, but my 2001 Honda Accord did shit the bed awhile back.. If you are worried about the reliability, all I know from my parents and friends personal experience, the Hyuandis have been a great car for them.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2012, 12:19:55 AM »
Ahhhh, I'm going to chime in on this one, lol, years back, maybe a decade back hondas were the shit. Actually, the 70's all the way up to the nineties BUT those days are long gone. Hondas still build reliable cars but their technology (aside from Acura and their SH-AWD) is WAAAAAAAY behind, they still use 5 speed autos for the most part and not as fuel efficient as a lot of it's competitors!! The thing that sells hondas is their NAME and their loyal fan base. Hyundai shits all over them now. Honda doesn't have ONE RWD car and NO V-8 options. Competition has caught up and don't get me started with Acura when there are Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, Audi, Mercedes......

Hondas built their reputation long ago, a lot of people are waking up like ford, chevy, dodge, etc....

Honda caters to the market of practical buyers. That's why they don't offer a RWD or a V8. For practical everyday use you are much better off with the FWD four cylinder or a V6 at the very most. Going from a 5-speed to an 8-speed automatic transmission does not increase your gas milage as much as you might expect ( real world, not EPA estimates ). Honda makes reliable, practical, cars. The people that can't appreciate that, purchase their vehicles based on emotions rather than reason.   

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 01:27:29 AM »

Honda caters to the market of practical buyers. That's why they don't offer a RWD or a V8. For practical everyday use you are much better off with the FWD four cylinder or a V6 at the very most. Going from a 5-speed to an 8-speed automatic transmission does not increase your gas milage as much as you might expect ( real world, not EPA estimates ). Honda makes reliable, practical, cars. The people that can't appreciate that, purchase their vehicles based on emotions rather than reason.    

I would have agreed with you 10 years ago but ford, chevy, Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, Nissan, have all surpassed or on the verge of surpassing Honda in engineering....and sales don't lie. The accord is no longer top spots and the civic was called for an early face lift, S2000 has been discontinued a couple years back, CRZ, ridgeline truck and their insight hybrid cars are failures. I threw RWD and V-8 cause of "variety" and ALL those brands offer that. Face it Honda is yesterdays news. Read some of the reviews on Honda cars. All the companies do and can do what hondas do but better, and some cheaper, and that is with AMERICAN brands. Check out hondas fuel efficiency and engineering, numbers don't lie and they suck compared to the competition. This is a fact! Yes, 8 speed either combined with turbo charging, port injection, direct injection, start/stop does equal much better fuel economy. Not just 8 speed but 6 speed is efficient enough.

Face it, Honda has fallen behind, I've already stated why people buy them, but the public is already waking up, take a look at sales.... And go read numerous car forums on this subject that has been talked to death.. I know, I'm a gear head ;D 8)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2012, 01:46:19 AM »

I don't agree with your rx7 statement  ;D that car is legend, always regarded as one of the greatest designs ever, if I'm not mistaken it's either him, the designer, also designed the e39 BMW and Ferrari Enzo ;)

Funny how people don't know but a lot of the German cars and ferraris were designed by the japanese....
Im talking about the 2nd Gen (?) RX7, the one that look like the Porsche 944...

I think the designer of the E39, a Japanese guy, who studied in Germany is different and worked for BMW than the Japanese guy who designed the Enzo---He worked for Pininfarina (It maybe the same guy, I don't know) or what I call the "Anteater", it's a brutal design, not pretty, but it made a statement. The front didn't match the rear...it's like Two cars...I really like the rear...I have a book that had some of the Enzo design sketches, and the lower centeral part of rear, which creates a sort of diffuser/Venturi tunnel originally was designed to have two exhaust tips coming out.

Honda came out with the HSC concept, which people thought was the new NSX, it looked like a Japanese take on a Japanese designed Enzo

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2012, 02:49:39 AM »
Why is this your worry?  Isn't this her car?  It's her decision.  A car is a very personal choice.  You should stay out of it.  Even if she asks you to opine you should stay out of it.  She is an adult and perfectly capable of making up her own mind.  She's working right?  Why are you talking about buying her a car?  If you influence her in any way, you risk getting blowback for anything that she might not like about the car in the future.  She has narrowed it down to two solid choices so I think you should back off.  If she was about to choose between a Honda and a lemon then by all means speak up, but given the two choices you named, you should shut up and let her make the decision on her own. :-X

Letting a woman decide is gayer than a pink spatula.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2012, 10:25:27 AM »
Most people because of leasing don't keep a car more than 4 years. All the major brands build a car that should last that long without any major problem. If you want to keep the car longer go with the Honda. Much better resale value. Just check on used car prices.  The Hyundai drops like a rock.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2012, 10:44:04 AM »
Its not "recalls" per se...It's due to the public perception...now every car company is recalling cars due to something that "may" go wrong. Lexus had something that was found in a few cars, then they do a recall on certan yr cars...it's all due to that accelerating Toyota issue, which was just like the one with Audi a few yrs back...and of course the Big Three love it, and even the Feds were trying to go after Toyota, it all stopped when NASA cleared Toyota.
Toyota has gotten too big, too focused on being #1, and quality may have suffered, but, GM, Honda, have all had big recalls.
Hyundai as well, especially with their steering issues. And BMW with their HFPF issues has a class action lawsuit against them...but hey, at least none of their models have a propensity for self-emolation like Ferrari and Lamborghini.

You read Car & Driver..we get it

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2012, 10:50:01 AM »
We need a pic of your wife so we can help make a choice :)

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2012, 10:51:25 AM »
I think newer Hyundais are as reliable as most Japanese cars.
^^
EXACTLY... TRY the new SONATA before buying any Honda!!!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2012, 11:23:50 AM »
Letting a woman decide is gayer than a pink spatula.

The woman was making decisions long before you came along... and she will continue to make decisions long after you are gone.  And make no mistake about it: one day you will be gone. ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2012, 11:54:32 AM »
You read Car & Driver..we get it
Sorry, I don't anymore...that was 6 yrs ago...
BTW, a kid in a s2000 lit up a Boxster a few days ago, both reside in my building  ;)

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2012, 12:19:59 PM »
Hyundai had admired Honda so much, that after the Acura Legend stopped production, they bought the tooling for it, and produced the car in Korea under a different name.

Hyundai/Kia seemingly goes thru other car manufacturers design catalogs and rip off their designs. The Hyundai Sonata---rip off of Lexus ES330/Camry/Mercedes CLS. Hyundai Genesis Coupe---rip off of Infiniti G37. Hyundai Genesis Sedan---rip off of Lexus LS, GS, BMW 7 series and 5 series and Merc S class. Hyundai Equus, Lexus LS. Kia Optima---rip off of Honda Accord and Civic...
Never seen so many rip off design cues since the Mazda RX7 ripping off the Porsche 944 and the Lexus LS ripping off the S class (back in the late 80s to early 90s), and last gen toyota MR-2 ripping off the Porsche Boxster.  

I have to say that I'm fucking impressed with their Genesis 2012......it's almost unbelievable to see this sedan head to head with a E350......Kudos to the Genesis Line......almost everyone is copying each other these days......well, that's the way it is

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2012, 03:00:36 PM »
thanks to all who responded

today we bought the Hyundai Accent

in the end it is less expensive, financing is 0% and the warranty is better

if the thing falls apart I'll let you studs know all about it