Author Topic: UFC 148 - Chael Sonnen press conference  (Read 8002 times)

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
UFC 148 - Chael Sonnen press conference
« on: April 26, 2012, 10:22:01 AM »
Hahaha, ;D ;D ;D ;D

epic_alien

Re: Chael Sonnen press conference
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 11:37:57 AM »
so they are fighting again? when?

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 11:46:11 AM »
Haha July 7th.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 12:33:24 PM »
Sonnen always entertaining...I wonder how much he is clowning/persona and how much is really his personality.
He punished Silva for nearly 5 rounds before getting caught in the submission.  Same thing could happen again if he doesn't finish him.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 12:42:20 PM »
They are all clowns, no joke!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 12:51:15 PM »
I don't think silva makes the same mistakes twice, he'll defend better against those takedowns. Also he was setting up that triangle the whole fight, and letting Sonnen punch himself out. finally got it locked and it was game over.

risky strategy, but Silva is the man.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 03:46:32 PM »
I don't think so.  I think Sonnen's wrestling is that good (although it didn't show as well against Bisping).  Don't think Silva can stop his takedowns, but he can certainly submit him.  So, I think the match may be similar with Sonnen controlling the ground but may get submitted again.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 03:48:25 PM »
Chael should try to take him down and throw that choke on him the same one he used against Stan. The same one Lesner used on Carwin.

suckmymuscle

Re: UFC 148 - Chael Sonnen press conference
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 02:05:52 AM »
  Anderson will be at 100% for this fight and Chael won't have steroids to make him more of a man than he really is.

If Chael fights like he did against Brian Stann, I think it is 50/50 really. An extremely technical wrestler with a great gas tank and an iron chin like Sonnen who eats through strikes and moves forward no matter what always shooting for the takedown is custom-made to beat Silva.

But if Chael shows up for the fight like he did for his fight with Bisping, Anderson will destroy him. Add in the rage that Anderson has for everything that Sonnen has said about him, and we might watch the first death in MMA.

It all boils down to what Chael will show up: the one that annihilated Brian Stann or the one who lost a controversial decision to Bisping?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 02:48:37 PM »
 Anderson will be at 100% for this fight and Chael won't have steroids to make him more of a man than he really is.

If Chael fights like he did against Brian Stann, I think it is 50/50 really. An extremely technical wrestler with a great gas tank and an iron chin like Sonnen who eats through strikes and moves forward no matter what always shooting for the takedown is custom-made to beat Silva.

But if Chael shows up for the fight like he did for his fight with Bisping, Anderson will destroy him. Add in the rage that Anderson has for everything that Sonnen has said about him, and we might watch the first death in MMA.

It all boils down to what Chael will show up: the one that annihilated Brian Stann or the one who lost a controversial decision to Bisping?SUCKMYMUSCLE
Ummmmmmm...........Chael won that fight.  ::)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »
Ummmmmmm...........Chael won that fight.  ::)

I know what he means and, wow, i completely agree with him. The controversy was that Bisping was a clear 29 - 28 winner and they gave it to Chael anyway, his showing against Stann was exceptional but he was hardly in the fight with Bisping. Entirely depends on which one shows up, but to be fair he does have a tremendous affection for Stann so subconsciously it may have affected him. We all know its not the case with Anderson, hatred can fuel a man in ways steroids can not.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 08:14:51 PM »
Ummmmmmm...........Chael won that fight.

I meant the opposite obviously. No need to role your eyes like a moron.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 07:04:50 AM »
  I meant the opposite obviously. No need to role your eyes like a moron.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
::)...... :-*

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 07:22:34 AM »
i get a kick out of chael, hes funny. hes a pretty intelligent guy as well as a really good fighter
R

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 12:59:51 PM »
Jim Rome: The rematch between Anderson Silva and my old pal Chael Sonnen. UFC 148 in July. I know Sonnen really wants Silva, does Silva want Sonnen?

Dana White: Oh yeah he does. The problem was that he wanted him in Brazil. He wanted that fight in Brazil really bad, so yesterday (April 24) I had a press conference to announce the fight, and the way everything went down I literally had to fly down yesterday morning and get Anderson Silva in a room and, you know, get him to take this fight in Las Vegas instead of in Rio.

Jim Rome: And what did he say to that? Not that he had a choice, but what was his response?

Dana White: He was pissed, he wasn’t happy about it, he really – he said, you know, ‘This guy has disrespected me, my country, my people. I want to give him a beating in Brazil’ is what he said to me.

Jim Rome: Is he under his skin and in his head?

Dana White: Oh yeah, oh yeah. He hates Chael Sonnen. If you didn’t see the press conference yesterday in Brazil, I’ll tell you what man, this kid has either got the biggest balls on earth or is the craziest guy I’ve ever met. We’re in Rio de Janiero, Brazil. I’ve got a bunch of security for this guy to get him into the country. If you heard the stuff that he said sitting there in Brazil. I’ve never been at a press conference where I’m looking out into the crowd and every time Chael Sonnen says something, I mean, people aren’t laughing, people aren’t – everybody was looking at Chael like they wanted to kill him down there. You want to talk about a guy the entire country hates this guy and wants to see him get beat.

Jim Rome: Yeah, I mean, it’s both right? He’s got the brassest set ever and he’s the craziest guy ever, I mean it’s all of the above, right?

Dana White: Yeah, he really is. He said, we went down there yesterday and he’s sitting there and he says, ‘Yeah well you know, me and my friends back in America we sit around and we talk about technology and and medicine and everything else and all the great things. And then I see Anderson Silva and his friends down here playing in the mud’.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 11:54:36 AM »
I don't think silva makes the same mistakes twice, he'll defend better against those takedowns. Also he was setting up that triangle the whole fight, and letting Sonnen punch himself out. finally got it locked and it was game over.

risky strategy, but Silva is the man.
Ya, Sonnen has no chance, in the first fight Silva took 4-5 punches in a row straight to the face and his hand remained by his ribs, he never brought them up to protect his face cause his hands were protecting his ribs. He was clearly injured and if Sonnen couldn't do it with an injured Silva then 100% Silva would destroy him