Author Topic: Weighted pushups are better then unsafe bench presses?  (Read 7079 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: weighted pushup machine, what are your ideas?
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 07:06:48 PM »
I think I told you this last season. Because of Nolan Ryan I'm a Texas fan if it comes down to the Angels v Texas in a game. Against anyone else I'm an.Angels fan. They are getting off to a slow start, Pooholes, although no HR's he's on a 9 game hit streak. Gotta admit I'm not looking for miracles with a new roster, its going to take time.

I knew you were a Rangers can but for some reason I thought you preferred the Angels. But yeah they gotta their bullpen issues straightened out. Still should be a great rivalry his year.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 07:08:40 PM »
I don't fish much. Mostly Catalina but, haven't had time for shit exept working on the gym.
A boat and no fishing. Going out and catching fresh fish for dinner is the best. It's a great hobby to do with the family.
T

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 02:59:34 AM »
Should be easy enough to make yourself a piece of equipment with a pivot point at one end,weights at the other,and attach a dipping belt to it like in this video.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 03:03:56 AM »
i like weighted pushups more then unsafe bench presses

plus pushups work your core

im thinking of setting up cinder blocks on my deck to support a barbell that is on a big thick peice of plywood

the barbell can be semi secured with screws so it doesnt roll off the plywood

the plywood is for semi even weight distribution say if the plywood is wide and long enough to cover your whole back

i find back packs are inferior you can get more than 60 pounds comfortably on you
Are you saying you are not going to use the wooden bench press in the woods any longer Johnny? If not send it to me.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 04:13:26 AM »

step 1:  raise cinder block overhead
step 2: smash cinder block into skull
repeat until dead

good luck

Hahahaha sound advices.

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 08:50:36 AM »
You could just ratchet strap some sandbags to your torso.  Seems like a lot of work. 

Pushing your pickup away from a curb and letting it roll back could be effective.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 09:03:02 AM »
Smith Incline Press.................th read over!!

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 09:35:17 AM »
Smith Incline Press.................th read over!!

You senile old panty sniffer....by page 2 you can't even remember what the thread was orginally about.   ;D

Coach

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 10:00:40 AM »
Adding actual weights to pushups is cumbersome and retarded. If you want to make it harder use Jumpstretch bands stretched behind your back. One simple band can easily add 200lbs of resistance, and you could use multiple bands to get upto completely retarded levels of resistance. If you fancy trying to do a weighted pushup with 1000lbs of added resistance you could quite easily do it with a few bands.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 10:09:25 AM »
Adding actual weights to pushups is cumbersome and retarded. If you want to make it harder use Jumpstretch bands stretched behind your back. One simple band can easily add 200lbs of resistance, and you could use multiple bands to get upto completely retarded levels of resistance. If you fancy trying to do a weighted pushup with 1000lbs of added resistance you could quite easily do it with a few bands.

with bands?? but you want to weight to push you down, now how is bands gonna push you down? back to the drawing board

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 10:16:44 AM »
with bands?? but you want to weight to push you down, now how is bands gonna push you down? back to the drawing board

Is this the way?

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 10:25:30 AM »
Is this the way?

but it makes no sense to have resistance only at the top of the movement. you want it at the bottom part too and with equal force the whole way.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 11:07:54 AM »
You senile old panty sniffer....by page 2 you can't even remember what the thread was orginally about.   ;D

The only time any bodybuilder should be doing a fucking pushup is when getting laid!

Coach

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 11:09:27 AM »
Yes, that's the ticket.

Bands provide tension all the way through the movement, and the great thing is that they provide less resistance where the movement is hard (at the bottom) and more where it is easier (at the top).

Trust when I say that for bodybuilding purposes banded pushups are THE SHIT, you get far better feeling of tension in the muscles involved, and a way better pump.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2012, 06:04:19 AM »
Yes, that's the ticket.

Bands provide tension all the way through the movement, and the great thing is that they provide less resistance where the movement is hard (at the bottom) and more where it is easier (at the top).

Trust when I say that for bodybuilding purposes banded pushups are THE SHIT, you get far better feeling of tension in the muscles involved, and a way better pump.

Seems off, the bottom is chest and the top is tri, i don't see how this would hit chest well.
Trans Milkshake.