Author Topic: Flex Wheeler's "Goodbye" Post?  (Read 8407 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Flex Wheeler's "Goodbye" Post?
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2022, 12:59:59 PM »
Like I said before, the stupid “comeback” of his really did him in and his health deteriorated rapidly after that

I don’t believe he is long for this world but I don’t doubt for a second if he didn’t do that comeback just to get back on to all the gear he wouldn’t be having half of the complications he’s having

Great post, Bevo.

He looked pretty good for that comeback, but I hadn't really thought about the risk it would have entailed. Given that was way after his kidney issues, and he was, what, 50 at the time?

And you're right about his health deterioration timeline - it seemed to really accelerate at that point.

Sadly, now it seems like he's getting worse and worse and yet from what I can tell, he's not taking such health risks now.

I have no idea about Flex being not nice in his past - I'm not doubting that it was that way. I just personally hate seeing a person in so much pain.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2022, 01:09:28 PM »

Flex peaked in 1993.

He was always trying to re-attain the 1993 conditioning. However, he was good at the 1996 Arnold Classic.

But the Ninja Attack Bullshit & Synthol usage showed us that he could not find a way to get back to his 1993 condition.

IMO, Dorian's best year was 1993 too. You can argue for 1995, but by then, he had one torn biceps, so I'd go with 1993.

I'd also have to agree on Flex. Imagine that - two of the best bodybuilders ever, and they both essentially peaked almost at the start of their pro careers. If I'm not mistaken, 1993 was Flex's first full year as a pro - so yeah, that's early to be at your very best.

Not that he looked bad later, but he never reproduced that 1993 magic. Sort of like Samir Bannout's 1983 Mr. Olympia performance.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2022, 01:13:05 PM »

The Flex bit starts around 16:40 or so for those who have a life

Interesting that before that (re: Jerry Ward) Romano seems so spiky about the whole subject of early deaths - not sure why?  ("Where are the bodies?" ;D)

Taffin,

I had meant to post this closer to when it was released - but listen to the first three minutes here. It's very sad:

^ Flex also talked about weaning off opiates there. Hopefully he was able to do that, but if he is still on opiates, I'd say - fuck it, stay on. In his condition, it could be harder to go through withdrawal than to stay on.

That said, that decision should be between Flex and his doctor. I just hate seeing Flex suffer, and if opiates can help him, then so be it.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2022, 01:42:58 PM »
Taffin,

I had meant to post this closer to when it was released - but listen to the first three minutes here. It's very sad:

^ Flex also talked about weaning off opiates there. Hopefully he was able to do that, but if he is still on opiates, I'd say - fuck it, stay on. In his condition, it could be harder to go through withdrawal than to stay on.

That said, that decision should be between Flex and his doctor. I just hate seeing Flex suffer, and if opiates can help him, then so be it.

That's sad to watch.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2022, 01:48:45 PM »
I'd easily take prime ronnie vs prime flex in a fight.

Ronnie had those explosive elite slave genetics.

Ronnie was a pretty good football player, was a linebacker at Grambling under Eddie Robinson.  I would put my money on him in any athletic endeavor vs. Flex.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2022, 02:01:17 PM »
Ronnie was a pretty good football player, was a linebacker at Grambling under Eddie Robinson.  I would put my money on him in any athletic endeavor vs. Flex.

Derrick kind of reminds me a little of Ronnie but was slightly smarter and had a deeper voice. Ronnie had the superior size and strength. Maybe he could've also been a Hall of Famer under Bobby Bowden

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2022, 02:13:57 PM »
I'd easily take prime ronnie vs prime flex in a fight.

Ronnie had those explosive elite slave genetics.

Ronnie beats Flex, Rico McClinton goes into a gay rage, cripples Ronnie ;).

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2022, 02:17:16 PM »
Ronnie beats Flex, Rico McClinton goes into a gay rage, cripples Ronnie ;).

Damn. Rico looks better than Flex there (nh). I want to say Flex called him a "fag" during one of his training videos

Never mind. Biden memory of peace. I was thinking of this intro filmed by a potato