Author Topic: US Navy SEALS slam Obama for politicizing Bin Laden raid  (Read 7715 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: US Navy SEALS slam Obama for politicizing Bin Laden raid
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2012, 03:03:57 PM »
did you write this  ::) ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2012, 03:07:42 PM »

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2012, 03:11:16 PM »
where's the link, i want to see what right wing rag you got it from  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2012, 03:18:29 PM »
where's the link, i want to see what right wing rag you got it from  ;D

FR 

Why not dispute the evidence instead? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »
most of your shit is not even credible,  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2012, 04:06:30 PM »
i love it how only blogs with authors like "anarchytimeforUSA" know THE TRUTH about major events of our time.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2012, 05:42:12 PM »
i love it how only blogs with authors like "anarchytimeforUSA" know THE TRUTH about major events of our time.

I love it how you, from your trailer, know THE TRUTH about everything that happened in the Zimmerman case.

More Navy SEALs Coming Forward To Criticize Obama For Spiking Bin Laden Raid Football

In the wake of a warm conservative reception for a web video trashing the president for “spiking the football” on the anniversary of Osama Bin Laden’s death, the conservative group Veterans for a Strong America plans to gather Navy SEALs and Special Forces operators to criticize the White House during the 2012 campaign.

“We’re looking to [put together] a coalition, to field SEALs and operators that want to come out publicly,” executive director of Veterans for a Strong America, Joel Arends, tells BuzzFeed. “I’ve had a lot of discussions with former SEALs and current SEALs. I’ve been talking to operators in the community. There is palatable discontent.”

The video, which took about ten days to produce, went viral. The ad has had more than 250,000 views on YouTube and he’s received some 4,000 emails. Arends was featured on Fox News channel Thursday morning.

Karl Rove also tweeted his support of the ad.

Arends says the group is now looking at airing the advertisement on television in geographic areas with military communities. “Right now we’re going through the process analyzing where we think it would play best,” he says.

“They’re going to have the money” to air the spot, another Republican source told BuzzFeed.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mhastings/conservative-activist-more-navy-seals-to-attack-o

240 last seen saying that SEALs don't know shit and are a bunch of pussies who don't know how hard it is to make daring, on-the-spot decisions.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2012, 07:36:23 PM »

i was probably the first getbigger saying the SEALS are heroes and that obama lied thru his teeth with this ever-evolving white house briefings.

and you know this.

you've continually tried to mix it up, saying "i won't allow you to dishonor the seals like that" when all I've said from minute one is "obama got all the info from the seals - video on every single man in there - and had the right information.   He just released it wrongly intentionally to have the most hollywood ending possible.  

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2012, 06:17:49 AM »
I love it how you, from your trailer, know THE TRUTH about everything that happened in the Zimmerman case.

More Navy SEALs Coming Forward To Criticize Obama For Spiking Bin Laden Raid Football

In the wake of a warm conservative reception for a web video trashing the president for “spiking the football” on the anniversary of Osama Bin Laden’s death, the conservative group Veterans for a Strong America plans to gather Navy SEALs and Special Forces operators to criticize the White House during the 2012 campaign.

“We’re looking to [put together] a coalition, to field SEALs and operators that want to come out publicly,” executive director of Veterans for a Strong America, Joel Arends, tells BuzzFeed. “I’ve had a lot of discussions with former SEALs and current SEALs. I’ve been talking to operators in the community. There is palatable discontent.”

The video, which took about ten days to produce, went viral. The ad has had more than 250,000 views on YouTube and he’s received some 4,000 emails. Arends was featured on Fox News channel Thursday morning.

Karl Rove also tweeted his support of the ad.

Arends says the group is now looking at airing the advertisement on television in geographic areas with military communities. “Right now we’re going through the process analyzing where we think it would play best,” he says.

“They’re going to have the money” to air the spot, another Republican source told BuzzFeed.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mhastings/conservative-activist-more-navy-seals-to-attack-o

240 last seen saying that SEALs don't know shit and are a bunch of pussies who don't know how hard it is to make daring, on-the-spot decisions.

The Swiftboat route won't work with Obama.  The Obama Campaign already has a counter ad with Navy Seals and service men in it thanking Obama for his work.  The media blackout would take care of the rest as it will never see the light of day outside Fox News.

A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2012, 06:22:00 AM »

The Swiftboat route won't work with Obama.  The Obama Campaign already has a counter ad with Navy Seals and service men in it thanking Obama for his work.  The media blackout would take care of the rest as it will never see the light of day outside Fox News.

Obamas disastrous record on the economy is what will oust him from an office he NEVEr should have been in in the first place. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2012, 06:28:32 AM »
i was probably the first getbigger saying the SEALS are heroes and that obama lied thru his teeth with this ever-evolving white house briefings.

and you know this.

you've continually tried to mix it up, saying "i won't allow you to dishonor the seals like that" when all I've said from minute one is "obama got all the info from the seals - video on every single man in there - and had the right information.   He just released it wrongly intentionally to have the most hollywood ending possible. 

lol...now that's the definition of revisionist history.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2012, 10:15:52 AM »
Obama’s deal with Karzai bans raids on al-Qaida bases in Pakistan
 Daily Caller ^ | 5/4/12 | Neil Munro

President Barack Obama has promised not to attack Pakistan-based al-Qaida leaders or fighters from bases inside Afghanistan.

The surprising commitment effectively bars Obama and his successors from launching another nighttime helicopter raid like the one that that killed Osama bin Laden. That raid has proven to be Obama’s primary foreign-policy success because it killed bin Laden, scooped up much intelligence data and shocked Pakistan.

Obama’s commitment will also end the use of secretive drone-attacks from Afghanistan. Those attacks have killed hundreds of al-Qaida leaders since the mid-2000s. They’ve also been very popular with U.S voters, and usually have had tacit Pakistan approval.

The unadvertised provision is buried in the deal that Afghan president Hamid Karzai and Obama signed with much campaign-style fanfare May 1 in Kabul. It could provide a legal shield for Pakistani-based al-Qaida’s leaders, front-line fighters, terrorism-planners, allied terror-leaders, funders, terror bases and terror training-grounds.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2012, 05:20:57 PM »
Posted by Jim Hoft on Friday, May 4, 2012, 12:19 PM

Even when he visits American troops serving in harm’s way it’s still all about him.
Barack Obama gave a shout-out to himself while speaking to US troops in Afghanistan this week.
“We got me in the house!”

Oh, yippie.
The Free Beacon reported:

The Beacon reported:

President Obama gave a shout-out to President Obama during a surprise visit to Afghanistan on Tuesday.

Speaking to American troops gathered at Bagram Air Base, the president called out the names of several military units “in the house”—who cheered upon hearing their name—before adding: “And we’ve got me in the house.”

WTF!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2012, 05:17:57 AM »
TV future planned for video slamming Obama’s credit-grab on bin Laden kill
Daily Caller ^ | 05/05/2012 | Neil Munro
Posted on May 5, 2012 7:26:42 AM EDT by Daffynition

Veterans for a Strong America is looking for a place to run its hit online video — on television.

The ad praises the quiet heroism of the military personnel who killed Osama bin Laden in May 2011, and portrays President Barack Obama as a glory-hound eager to hog the credit.

With dramatic background images and a banner reading “Heroes don’t seek credit,” the ad shows a catalog of Obama’s statements describing his own responsibility for the mission: “I can report … I directed Leon Panetta … I was briefed … I met repeatedly … At my direction …”

“We’re at a point where we have no choice but to run that ad on TV,” Veterans for a Strong America director Joel Arends told The Daily Caller.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2012, 05:20:50 AM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Spiking the Ball
Townhall.com ^ | May 5, 2012 | Bob Beauprez
Posted on May 5, 2012 7:05:43 AM EDT by Kaslin

Barack Obama's bragging about taking out Osama bin Laden has blown up in his face.  The recently released campaign video that includes a lengthy adulation of the President by Bill Clinton for choosing "the harder and more honorable path" – and suggesting Mitt Romney wouldn't have made the call - has drawn heavy criticism even from die-hard liberals.  

Arianna Huffington told CBS the "campaign ad is one of the most despicable things you can do."

Dan Turner, editorial writer for the Los Angeles Times called it "a low blow."

But, the harshest criticism has come from current and former Navy SEALs.  It was SEAL Team Six that pulled off the mission in Pakistan one year ago. 

Defying the normal silent deference regarding the Commander-in-Chief, the Daily Mail published a lengthy feature on Monday, April 30 quoting numerous former as well as current SEALs who are not at all happy with the President's "spiking the ball" for campaign benefits. 

Following are some excerpts:

A serving SEAL Team member said: ‘Obama wasn’t in the field, at risk, carrying a gun. As president, at every turn he should be thanking the guys who put their lives on the line to do this. He does so in his official speeches because he speechwriters are smart.

‘But the more he tries to take the credit for it, the more the ground operators are saying, “Come on, man!” It really didn’t matter who was president. At the end of the day, they were going to go.’…

Chris Kyle, a former SEAL sniper with 160 confirmed and another 95 unconfirmed kills to his credit, said: ‘The operation itself was great and the nation felt immense pride. It was great that we did it. 

‘But bin Laden was just a figurehead. The war on terror continues. Taking him out didn’t really change anything as far as the war on terror is concerned and using it as a political attack is a cheap shot."

‘In years to come there is going to be information that will come out that Obama was not the man who made the call. He can say he did and the people who really know what happened are inside the Pentagon, are in the military and the military isn’t allowed to speak out against the commander- in-chief so his secret is safe.’

Senior military figures have said that Admiral William McRaven, a former SEAL who was then head of Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) made the decision to take bin Laden out. Tactical decisions were delegated even further down the chain of command….

A former intelligence official who was serving in the US government when bin Laden was killed said that the Obama administration knew about the al-Qaeda leader’s whereabouts in October 2010 but delayed taking action and risked letting him escape….

Brandon Webb, a former SEAL who spent 13 years on active duty and served in Iraq and Afghanistan said…that many SEALs were dismayed about the amount of publicity the Obama administration had generated about SEAL Team Six, the very existence of which is highly classified.

‘The majority of the SEALs I know are really proud of the operation but it does become “OK, enough is enough – we’re ready to get back to work and step out of the limelight.” They don’t want to be continuously paraded around a global audience like a show dog.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2012, 02:34:25 PM »
is there a solid republican position on afghanistan?   what's mitt's position?

obviously "obama is doing it all wrong"

but has he said anything about being there another 12 years?  support/don't support?

What about the afghan surge?  we lost a lot of soldiers in iraq but it worked.  now repubs are upset about obama doing a surge in afghanistn - what's mitt saying?

OR

is mitt just being quiet until he sees the outcome, THEN doing the criticizing?  ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2012, 02:58:42 AM »
is there a solid republican position on afghanistan?   what's mitt's position?

obviously "obama is doing it all wrong"

but has he said anything about being there another 12 years?  support/don't support?

What about the afghan surge?  we lost a lot of soldiers in iraq but it worked.  now repubs are upset about obama doing a surge in afghanistn - what's mitt saying?

OR

is mitt just being quiet until he sees the outcome, THEN doing the criticizing?  ;)
Exactly the GOP lacks balls and leadership

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2012, 08:54:56 AM »
FORMER NAVY SEAL REBUKES OBAMA

By Benjamin Smith

http://radiopatriot.wordpress.com/2012/05/06/navy-seal-hands-obama-his-arse

President Barack Hussein Obama – STOP using the Navy SEALS as a campaign ploy. Because with all due respect, (what little I have for you), you do NOT speak for me.

You have a movie about SEALS within the past year trying to identify with me, with the navy SEALS, and with anything that might improve your polling numbers…and yet it is all a sham to hide a weak un-American man desperate to claim the victories of others for his own.

You Sir are trying to take the credit for what the American People have achieved in killing Bin Laden. Your use of the SEALs accomplishment as a campaign slogan is nothing less than despicable. I, as a former Navy SEAL do not accept your taking credit for Osama Bin Laden’s death. The American Military accomplished that feat.

Yet now that it is useful, you Mr. President, continue to refer to the event as if it were YOU and you alone which accomplished the worthy task of slaying one of America’s greatest enemies. You say “I directed”, “I Continued”, “My Intelligence Community”, “My national security team”, “I determined that I had enough….”, “My direction…”

Yet reliable sources continue to report that not only did you attempt to stop or delay Bin Laden’s demise, you did not even leave the golf course for the situation room until 20 minutes before SEAL Team 6 took out Osama Bin Laden. Even the clothes you wore in the situation room betray this fact. This is a Commander in Chief? A man who takes credit for actions largely taken while he was out golfing?

We men who have taken the oath, say ENOUGH. You do not speak for me, a former Navy SEAL, or any one of the league of men whom I have earned the right to be among. You are simply a man running for an office. Yet you behave as a glory-hoarding ruler. You campaign to be our leader, yet in reality you wish to be our Master.

The American people are the ones who got Bin Laden… You did Not! We have fought wars and slugged it with Vast Terror Organizations to get to the man you say YOU killed. The United Sates of America has won you a title sir and you have spent the last three years trying to beg, borrow and bow as you GIVE IT ALL AWAY. You just happened to be president of the USA when WE THE PEOPLE got Osama Bin Laden. We do not see you as heroic or stoic, we see you as the guy who let America Go. We got fat and weak and you gave it all away. That is your credit – you bow to foreign leaders and pander to the press. You do not represent me as a Military Man. You do not represent me as a SEAL. You do not represent me as an AMERICAN!

You do not speak for me or any American military man because though you may now be Commander in Chief, you are not the man to whom we can point our sons and say “This is the American dream, this is American exceptionalism, this is what I wish for your future”, because you Sir are NONE of these things. You Sir, are the antithesis of American Exceptionalism. Your idols are Saul Alinksi and Karl Marx and your revolutionary dreams and anti-American ideals poison your every policy. Your every action betrays the fact that in your soul you do not understand what it is to be an American, not what America truly is. Your agenda from the beginning has been to get rid of and kill everything that is and ever was American. You who so easily dismisses America’s greatness and bows to foreigners… YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME. YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR THE NAVY SEALS. YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR THE MILITARY MAN AND you SHALL NOT claim as your prize that which you have not earned. The Navy SEALS are NOT a campaign slogan to be bantered about for play. Nor are our accomplishments, including the demise of Osama Bin Laden, yours to claim.

So you DO NOT speak for me. And I will not stand for your use and abuse of my brethren the SEALS.
 For Liberty,

Benjamin Smith

________________________ ________________________ _____

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO!!!!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2012, 09:15:25 AM »
Former AG Michael Mukasey: Obama Officials Drafted Memo to Blame Military If OBL Mission Failed (Video)

Posted by Jim Hoft on Friday, May 4, 2012, 10:39 PM

Leadership: Obama Administration Drafted Memo to Blame Military if OBL Mission Failed

Former Attorney General Michael Mukasey told Sean Hannity tonight that the Obama Administration drafted a memo to protect the president from blame if the mission to kill or capture Osama Bin Laden would have failed. That way Obama could blame the general instead of taking the blame himself. Mukasey wrote about it this week in The Wall Street Journal.

“That was a highly lawyered memo (designed to protect the president politically)… I think there’s going to be more that’s going to be tumbling out about that escapade but so far that memo is enough.“

And, of course, this surprises no one who is familiar with Obama’s leadership style.

Mukasey also contrasted Obama’s leadership style tonight to Lincoln and Eisenhower as he did in his WSJ Opinion piece earlier in the week.

Lincoln took responsibility in August 1862 for failures that had been attributed to General George McClellan—eventually sacked for incompetence—and Secretary of War Edwin Stanton. Lincoln told a crowd that McClellan was not at fault for seeking more than Stanton could give, and “I stand here, as justice requires me to do, to take upon myself what has been charged upon the Secretary of War.”

Dwight Eisenhower is famous for having penned a statement to be issued in anticipation of the failure of the Normandy invasion that reads in relevant part: “My decision to attack at this time and place was based upon the best information available. The troops, the air and the Navy did all that bravery and devotion to duty could do. If any blame attaches to the attempt it is mine alone.”

A week later, when the success of the invasion was apparent, Eisenhower saluted the Allied Expeditionary Forces: “One week ago this morning there was established through your coordinated efforts our first foothold in northwestern Europe. High as was my preinvasion confidence in your courage, skill and effectiveness . . . your accomplishments . . . have exceeded my brightest hopes.

Eisenhower did mention himself at the end: “I truly congratulate you upon a brilliantly successful beginning. . . . Liberty loving people everywhere would today like to join me in saying to you, ‘I am proud of you.’”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2012, 02:29:54 PM »
Admin drafted memo to shield Obama if OBL raid failed
BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff - May 7, 2012 12:45 pm

The Obama Administration drafted a “highly lawyered” memo to shield the president from blame if the mission to kill or capture Osama Bin Laden failed, former Attorney General Michael Mukasey told Sean Hannity of Fox News Monday.

According to Mukasey, the memo would have pinned the blame on Navy Admiral William McRaven, who was commander of Joint Special Operations Command at the time of the raid.

TRANSCRIPT:

MICHAEL MUKASEY, FORMER ATTORNEY GENERAL: That memo was significant.

HANNITY: Explain this.

MUKASEY: There was a memo from Leon Panetta that described the authority that was given to McRaven and it was to proceed according to the risks, only according to the risks that had been outline to the president.

And if he encountered anything else, he had to check back. You better believe if anything else had been encountered and the mission had failed, then the blame would have fallen on McRaven. That’s what that is about.

HANNITY: So in other words, here, the approximate president’s now, everything worked out in this case. But he had put in place a CYA that if it went wrong, McRaven would have been the fall guy.

MUKASEY: That was a highly lawyered memo.

HANNITY: Wow. So you are saying this was designed to protect the president politically.

MUKASEY: I think there is going to be more that comes tumbling out about that escapade. But so far that, memo is enough.

HANNITY: You went through a little bit of history here. You talked about General Eisenhower and you talked about Abraham Lincoln and you talked about–their handling of very delicate military situations that they faced.

MUKASEY: Well, I chose Abraham Lincoln, not on my own but because president Obama said that was the person he wanted to emulate. So I figured it was reasonably just to go to Abraham Lincoln.

The night after Lee surrendered, Lincoln delivered what turned out to his last speech from the window of the White House. He rejected taking any credit for it. Put it on General Grant and the troops and then talked mostly about the problems of reconstruction and in favor of black suffrage –

HANNITY: He actually did the opposite. He stood up for General George McClellan.

MUKASEY: Earlier in his career, he stood up for McClellan and for his defense secretary, who were being blamed. He said, no, no. The blame should be mine. The definition of a — one definition of a great leader is somebody who takes less credit than he should and takes more blame than he should. That’s not what we have now.

HANNITY: You also talked about Dwight Eisenhower.

MUKASEY: Dwight Eisenhower before the Normandy invasion wrote out a message to be given in the event the invasion failed and in the event that Germans threw us off the beaches. What it said was, I picked the place where we landed. The troops, the Navy, the airmen did their best and are most valorous. If anybody deserves blame, it’s me.

HANNITY: How many troops did we lose — what 7,000 or 8,000 men when they slammed the beaches of Normandy?

MUKASEY: Right.

HANNITY: A lot of people. A lot of loss. He prepared to actually take the blame, not –

MUKASEY: Correct.

HANNITY: Then he gave praise after.

MUKASEY: A week later when it became clear that it was a success. He wrote another message, giving all the credit to the troops. The only time he mentioned himself was at the end when he said, I’m proud of you.

HANNITY: What about your time as attorney general and U.S. district court judge, your opinions — because obviously, Mr. Rodriguez would not have been able to engage in enhanced interrogation without the approval of the Justice Department, the White House, the president, et cetera, on down. Your thoughts as you hear President Obama refer to this as torture?

MUKASEY: He — coming from somebody who is a lawyer, it blows my mind because torture is not a figure of speech. It is not a cocktail party expression. There is a torture statute that defines torture as severe physical or mental pain or suffering, severe mental pain or suffering is defined in durational terms, it has to last a language time.

And the physical pain has to be severe. OLC memo that Rodriguez mentioned describe in detail why waterboarding and all the other techniques are not torture –

HANNITY: Does he say this for political reasons in your view?

MUKASEY: I am not a mind reader. I don’t know whether he says it for aesthetic reasons or to make other people feel good or to enhance his own state of mind. You have to ask him that. All I know is he’s wrong?

HANNITY: I would like to, but he won’t come on this program, which I cannot understand for the life of me. All right, well, thank you so much for being with us. We really appreciate it. Great piece in the journal.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2012, 10:00:34 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V