Author Topic: Sacroiliac Belts:  (Read 12248 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Sacroiliac Belts:
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 06:35:58 PM »
Has anyone ever tried a sacroiliac belt like the one below:

http://shopnow.secureonlinecart.com/estore/f/products.php?product_id=51&store_id=1104&affiliate=&sid=9a2be212e0e8f43c0eb17a30d7abe17f&affiliate=

No, but I've always found Schiek to have quality products.  I have a regular belt, gloves and straps by them.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 04:36:54 AM »
No, but I've always found Schiek to have quality products.  I have a regular belt, gloves and straps by them.

Thanks for the feedback.
I own two sets of Schiek straps, which I love, and I'm planning to purchase their 2006 series lifting belt, which has gotten many good reviews.
I also noticed that their SI belt is based on a very popular design made by other companies.

Once I decide for sure, I'll check my usual places for the best prices: Although most of their brick & mortar stores do not stock them, Dick's website offers some of the best prices I've found on the straps & belts with the added bonus of free shipping and the least hastle for returns/exchanges. Allstarhealth also carries quite a few Schiek items for good prices, and their flat-rate shipping pays off if you're placing a sizeable order.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 12:17:19 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.
I own two sets of Schiek straps, which I love, and I'm planning to purchase their 2006 series lifting belt, which has gotten many good reviews.
I also noticed that their SI belt is based on a very popular design made by other companies.

Once I decide for sure, I'll check my usual places for the best prices: Although most of their brick & mortar stores do not stock them, Dick's website offers some of the best prices I've found on the straps & belts with the added bonus of free shipping and the least hastle for returns/exchanges. Allstarhealth also carries quite a few Schiek items for good prices, and their flat-rate shipping pays off if you're placing a sizeable order.

Years ago, Valeo (just a husband & wife) was one of my customers, back when they were new to the scene and doing late night infomercials.  They had this little rented garage operation with a bunch of little old ladies / seamstresses sewing the belts.  Each one was basically a custom piece.  Then they moved to a "real" facility and expanded, still doing things the old fashioned way.  Quality work.  Then they built a new mega facility and started taking on other products and then started outsourcing overseas.  That's when they went to $hit IMO.  They've since sold out.  Probably retired to the Keys or something.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 04:02:14 PM »
Wow, I didn't know that. What a shame!

That makes me think of what happend with ATP Pro Wrist Straps. I ordered some excellent straps from them around 2006. Last year, I wanted to order a few more items, but had heard many negative comments about their operation & service. Apparently, it was (again) a husband/wife company that had earned a stellar overall reputation. As the story goes, the couple divorced, with the husband retaining the company. Orders were not being filled, money was not being refunded, and many customer problems went unresolved.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 04:25:07 PM »
Call me stupid but what's the big difference between that belt and a normal lifting belt?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 04:34:32 PM »
Call me stupid but what's the big difference between that belt and a normal lifting belt?

An SI belt is positioned lower on the pelvis. Its job is to provide support at the proper points around the SI joint.
http://www.activeortho.com/si_belt_for_sacroiliac_pain.html

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 06:21:45 PM »

An SI belt is positioned lower on the pelvis. Its job is to provide support at the proper points around the SI joint.
http://www.activeortho.com/si_belt_for_sacroiliac_pain.html
Would you use that while lifting or just as a rehab tool? Looks like it would pop up around the waist.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 06:28:59 PM »
Would you use that while lifting or just as a rehab tool? Looks like it would pop up around the waist.

It seems to be suited for both.
In doing some searches, I came across one or two versions that boasted a "stay-in-place" feature. Being that it is a somewhat obscure item, there really isn't much info on them in the way of reviews. Then again, I haven't had time to devote my usual amount of research to it.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »

It seems to be suited for both.
In doing some searches, I came across one or two versions that boasted a "stay-in-place" feature. Being that it is a somewhat obscure item, there really isn't much info on them in the way of reviews. Then again, I haven't had time to devote my usual amount of research to it.

Eh, useless for me. You having issues?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 06:55:47 PM »
Eh, useless for me. You having issues?

Yes, that's the only reason for my interest.
My right SI "pops out" with regularity, which often causes considerable discomfort, bordering on pain. I've consulted several PT's and chiro's, who've narrowed it down to issues stemming from posture, tight hammies, weakness in the surrounding ligaments, or a combination of any or all of the aforementioned conditions.
I've been taking steps to correct it, but I'm looking for another aid until the matter is completely resolved.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 05:08:16 AM »
Looks like it would pop up around the waist.

You could also try this:

;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 05:44:32 AM »

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 07:33:00 AM »
Batteries included? And does it have speed control?
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 08:07:27 AM »
Batteries included? And does it have speed control?
getting worried about you now.... ;D