Author Topic: todays sun - hodgson front page  (Read 2936 times)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
Re: todays sun - hodgson front page
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 04:19:45 PM »
Why do people take these sports so seriously? 

I've lived here for my whole 31 years and I still have ZERO idea why these halfwits live and die every weekend with their teams. I've seen furious arguments, I've seen people jump up in a huff and storm off when they notice someone wearing an opposing team's colors. I've even seen people engage in fisticuffs over their 'team'. I've even been asked to produce a football ticket or scarf to prove my 'allegiance' to the local football club before being allowed into a food and drink establishment on match day. This I swear on my life.

I can truly live a 1000 years and NEVER understand these neanderthals and their unfailing support for a team that wouldn't even take the time to spit on them. A crowd mentality. A desperate need to feel part of something and show your support in arbitrary ways such as wearing team colors, scarfs or silly hats. In a depressingly large part of this muddy island, it's not uncommon to state your club-allegiance when meeting a new person. And be asked to state yours.

Pathetic really.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 04:37:21 PM »
I thought Glenn Hoddle was a good English manager.

Fcuked up with some comments but all in all done well.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 05:28:13 PM »
I've lived here for my whole 31 years and I still have ZERO idea why these halfwits live and die every weekend with their teams. I've seen furious arguments, I've seen people jump up in a huff and storm off when they notice someone wearing an opposing team's colors. I've even seen people engage in fisticuffs over their 'team'. I've even been asked to produce a football ticket or scarf to prove my 'allegiance' to the local football club before being allowed into a food and drink establishment on match day. This I swear on my life.

I can truly live a 1000 years and NEVER understand these neanderthals and their unfailing support for a team that wouldn't even take the time to spit on them. A crowd mentality. A desperate need to feel part of something and show your support in arbitrary ways such as wearing team colors, scarfs or silly hats. In a depressingly large part of this muddy island, it's not uncommon to state your club-allegiance when meeting a new person. And be asked to state yours.

Pathetic really.

So true, the beer and football culture of The UK really drags it down.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 05:30:57 PM »
I started a new office and I was asked what team I support within 3-4 minutes