Author Topic: Gas prices continue to head south  (Read 4600 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Gas prices continue to head south
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2012, 06:23:14 PM »
tool is, tool does.   :D

Lol.  Just holding messiah to the same standard he held bush in 2008. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2012, 06:27:09 PM »
how many times have we been over this now

gas prices crashed as the global economy crashed

Less Demand = Lower Prices

According to you the global economy has been in the shitter so what's with the high gas prices? Can't have anything to do with Obama strong-arming Bernankicide into QE'ing to infinity in an attempt to saving the housing market, thus shouldering us with a massive influx of funny money that caused inflation in oil (which is priced in dollars), can it?

Never mind, I doubt you have any idea whatsoever as to what I'm talking about. Carry on, drone.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2012, 06:47:13 PM »

Lol.  Just holding messiah to the same standard he held bush in 2008. 

That would mean you are lowering yourself.   ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2012, 06:49:29 PM »
That would mean you are lowering yourself.   ;)

I is what it is.   Obama deserves to be held the very same standard he held everyone else in his quest to be be potus. 

Same goes for the debt, for the wars, the economy, etc.

Sadly, Obama drones couldn't give a shit about his hypocrisy and their own double standards in judging his presidency the way they did bush. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2012, 06:56:56 PM »
dropping gas prices the same week romney take the nomination.  smells like a CT to me.   

They know its gotta be $4 a gallon for 4 months of the year.   So do it early, and once romney is seeking a bithcing point, remove it.

Notice obama also removed afghanistan COMPLETELY from the discussion this week. 

Giving romney a smaller target, removing the points that he'd cry about, that the average voter would relate to.  I mean, romney CAN scream about GDP, but joe lunchbox isn't following.  But gas prices and that damn war...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2012, 06:58:19 PM »
dropping gas prices the same week romney take the nomination.  smells like a CT to me.   

They know its gotta be $4 a gallon for 4 months of the year.   So do it early, and once romney is seeking a bithcing point, remove it.

Notice obama also removed afghanistan COMPLETELY from the discussion this week. 

Giving romney a smaller target, removing the points that he'd cry about, that the average voter would relate to.  I mean, romney CAN scream about GDP, but joe lunchbox isn't following.  But gas prices and that damn war...

Yeah, 10 more years of war !    WTF is wrong w you! 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2012, 07:00:56 PM »
I is what it is.   Obama deserves to be held the very same standard he held everyone else in his quest to be be potus. 

Same goes for the debt, for the wars, the economy, etc.

Sadly, Obama drones couldn't give a shit about his hypocrisy and their own double standards in judging his presidency the way they did bush. 

No different than any other president campaigning, or politician for that matter, so your argument is kind of nothing. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2012, 07:05:27 PM »

Yeah, 10 more years of war !    WTF is wrong w you!  

how in the F can any republican bitch about it?  Obama is fulfilling the neocon's dream - permanent presence in the region.

Oh, I know, "it's not about resources" and "there are not permanent bases!"- Obama quotes from 2 days ago.

But in another few years, president chelsea or one of the bushs' or whoever will extend it another 10 years, then another 10.

There's logically no reason to have us there, and all those bases, another 12 years from TODAY.  

Unless you buy into the CTers.  They said we'd have the bases there in 20 or 30 years, and you cntflap morons said they were wrong, that we jsut had to win that war.  

Now we see it's hundreds of small military bases in afghanistan.

It's a sad day when the CTers were right.   Where are the cuckhold neocon getbiggerss who said we weren't there on a permanent basis?  I take it they're just acceping a 24-year occupation with no binding exit after that as "temporary"?

haha oh brother

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 07:08:31 PM »
No different than any other president campaigning, or politician for that matter, so your argument is kind of nothing. 

Whatever, go vote for Obama again moron.  You are beyond help.  Obama blamed 3 dollar gas on bush, yet Obama drones and lemmings don't want anyone to hold him accountable for 4 dollar gas. 

Typical leftist double standards. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2012, 07:22:24 PM »
Whatever, go vote for Obama again moron.  You are beyond help.  Obama blamed 3 dollar gas on bush, yet Obama drones and lemmings don't want anyone to hold him accountable for 4 dollar gas. 

Sad, isn't it? Especially given the fact that Obama's strong-arming of Bernanke into QE'ing twice is the direct cause for the current gas prices via energy inflation as oil is priced in dollars.  :-\

Then again, we're talking to retards who haven't the faintest grasp of economics so what I just said is foreign to them.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2012, 07:24:02 PM »
The fact that gas is at 3.83 is still crushing tot the economy. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 07:52:33 PM »
The fact that gas is at 3.83 is still crushing tot the economy. 

I agree with this completely.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 08:31:20 PM »
Whatever, go vote for Obama again moron.  You are beyond help.  Obama blamed 3 dollar gas on bush, yet Obama drones and lemmings don't want anyone to hold him accountable for 4 dollar gas.  

Typical usual ignorant tactic from you:  When exposed for what you are, a complete dishonest dumb ass tool, you go to your good old standard of:  You voted for Obama blah blah blah  ::)

Don't you have a Sheriff Joe rally to attend?

You are like a retarded zealot freak.  lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2012, 08:33:50 PM »
Typical usual ignorant tactic from you:  When exposed for what you are, a complete dishonest dumb ass tool, you go to your good old standard of:  You voted for Obama blah blah blah  ::)

Don't you have a Sheriff Joe rally to attend?

You are like a retarded zealot freak.  lol

Did Obama and pelosi and boxer et al blame bush in 2008 for 3 dollar gas yes or no? 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 09:18:33 PM »
Did Obama and pelosi and boxer et al blame bush in 2008 for 3 dollar gas yes or no? 

They did and it worked for them... It will work for Romney too.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2012, 04:48:50 AM »
These relative discussions are hilarious.

"GAS PRICES HEADED SOUTH!!!" to.................$3.85

In 2016 everyone will be cheering for gas prices "PLUMMETING" to $4.85.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2012, 04:53:07 AM »
HAHAHAHAH!!

These obamadrones have been reduced to daily tracking of gas prices.

I wonder if they will be around when gas hits over $4.00 on average for the summer.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2012, 06:02:42 AM »
Well, with todays jobs numbers I guess we can expect gasoline demand to continue its decline, right?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2012, 06:37:16 AM »
Well, with todays jobs numbers I guess we can expect gasoline demand to continue its decline, right?

What are you talking about? UE3 fell to 8.1%. Obama saved America!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2012, 07:14:31 AM »
What are you talking about? UE3 fell to 8.1%. Obama saved America!

most voters aren't going to understand GDP and entrants/exits from job market, etc.

But when obama says "I took UE from 10 to 7 percent", Romney will have to say "Yes, agreed, the economy is improving, but..."

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2012, 07:24:40 AM »
Sad, isn't it? Especially given the fact that Obama's strong-arming of Bernanke into QE'ing twice is the direct cause for the current gas prices via energy inflation as oil is priced in dollars.  :-\

Then again, we're talking to retards who haven't the faintest grasp of economics so what I just said is foreign to them.

classic right wing CT as if supply and demand aren't the driving factors (or artificial manipulation of supply and demand via the markets) and "world events" effect on S&D

Let's ignore the fact that the price of gas was higher in the summer of 2008 than it is now and that was before any QE

It's all Obama and Bernake - somehow they control it all

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2012, 07:43:10 AM »
classic right wing CT as if supply and demand aren't the driving factors (or artificial manipulation of supply and demand via the markets) and "world events" effect on S&D

Let's ignore the fact that the price of gas was higher in the summer of 2008 than it is now and that was before any QE

Actually, the WSJ has reported that as being exactly the case.

You're not big on reading, are you? And your grasp of economics is downright embarrassing. Here's a little hint, though: when you pump trillions of dollars of funny money into the global marketplace, the purchasing power of that money decreases. And as oil is valued in dollars, every dollar buys less and less oil, hence the out of control gas prices despite the contradictions in your theory about demand and whatever else you're rambling about. Two days ago you were arguing that the global economy has been slowing down for months and now you're arguing that global S&D is why oil is still high (despite falling demand in China, even). You are a moron.

I suggest you hop in that 15-year-old Nissan and head on down to the bookstore to buy a book on economics.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2012, 07:50:30 AM »

Those summer prices had plenty to do with, again, the Fed, govt. coordinating a huge cash infusion to the banks/financial institutions....they "hoped" the banks would lend it.

They didn't, they went into the one place they knew they could get an ACTUAL return and that was commodities. And with the Fed having doing ZIRP, who could really blame them?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2012, 07:59:46 AM »
Actually, the WSJ has reported that as being exactly the case.

You're not big on reading, are you? And your grasp of economics is downright embarrassing. Here's a little hint, though: when you pump trillions of dollars of funny money into the global marketplace, the purchasing power of that money decreases. And as oil is valued in dollars, every dollar buys less and less oil, hence the out of control gas prices despite the contradictions in your theory about demand and whatever else you're rambling about. Two days ago you were arguing that the global economy has been slowing down for months and now you're arguing that global S&D is why oil is still high (despite falling demand in China, even). You are a moron.

I suggest you hop in that 15-year-old Nissan and head on down to the bookstore to buy a book on economics.

speaking of reading comprehension

how about you post a link so we can all read exactly what the article said rather than just the part you think you remember

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2012, 08:09:06 AM »
Those summer prices had plenty to do with, again, the Fed, govt. coordinating a huge cash infusion to the banks/financial institutions....they "hoped" the banks would lend it.

They didn't, they went into the one place they knew they could get an ACTUAL return and that was commodities. And with the Fed having doing ZIRP, who could really blame them?

you're saying there was a huge cash infusion to the banks in the summer of 2008 and even prior to that when gas was higher than it is now?

The original TARP plan was October of 2008 and the price of gas had already peaked at that point and QE didn't start until November when the Fed annouced they would start buying MBS

the domestic price of gas and the global price of oil are not perfectly related

there is no doubt that cheap dollars mean higher prices for oil

my only point is that QE is not the primary driver (by any means) of the domestic price of gas