Author Topic: Intermittent Eating! The KEY To MASSIVE Muscle Gains!  (Read 15390 times)

The Onion

• Getbig III
Re: *IE: Intermittent EATING! The KEY To MASSIVE Muscle Gains!
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2012, 12:38:59 PM »
then how about you post a pic to prove it's greatness? Yeah, I know you won't because you probably don't even look like you lift...
Do you mean intermittent fasting or the paleolithic diet? I don't have to prove the greatness of either, there are a lot of research on both subjects. And I never said that I lift weights.  ;D

I'll make you a deal. Post your pic and I'll post mine. I guess we all have different opinions when it comes to physical appearance but I'm in "decent shape".

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2012, 12:41:52 PM »
hey don't mess with "The Onion", he has racked up tens of posts around here  ::)

On a serious note, how can you not eat all day and... do work? I fast during ramadan, which consists of not eating from dawn to dusk and its pretty hard to concentrate after around 2-3 pm... you just wanna nap or distract yourself some other way after that.
follow the arrows

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2012, 12:53:14 PM »
hey don't mess with "The Onion", he has racked up tens of posts around here  ::)

On a serious note, how can you not eat all day and... do work? I fast during ramadan, which consists of not eating from dawn to dusk and its pretty hard to concentrate after around 2-3 pm... you just wanna nap or distract yourself some other way after that.
I started with 14 hours fasts and worked myself up to 18-20 hours without food. Hunger is not an issue today as the body regulates your "hunger hormones" (ghrelin, leptin) after a while. Fasting also increases cathecolamines, which makes you alert. I used a shitload of stimulants when I first started eating according to the IF-pattern though.

This may be pf interest to some of you.

"Eight young men were tested for strength, anaerobic capacity and aerobic endurance in a post absorptive state and after a 3.5 day fast. Strength was tested both isokinetically (elbow flexors, 0.52 rad x s-1 and 3.14 rad x s-1) and isometrically. Anaerobic capacity was evaluated by having subjects perform 50 rapidly repeated isokinetic contractions of the elbow flexors at 3.14 rad x s-1. Aerobic endurance was measured as time to volitional fatigue during a cycle ergometer exercise at 45% VO2max. Measures of VO2, VE, heart rate, and ratings of perceived exertion were obtained prior to and during the cycle exercise. The 3.5 day fast did not influence isometric strength, anaerobic capacity or aerobic endurance. Isokinetic strength was significantly reduced (approximately 10%) at both velocities. VO2, VE and perceived exertion were not affected by fasting. Fasting significantly increased heart rate during exercise but not at rest. It was concluded that there are minimal impairments in physical performance parameters measured here as a result of a 3.5 day fast." - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3622486

Jizzacked

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2012, 01:05:57 PM »
team MASSIVE MEALS

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2012, 01:30:20 PM »
Do you mean intermittent fasting or the paleolithic diet? I don't have to prove the greatness of either, there are a lot of research on both subjects. And I never said that I lift weights.  ;D

I'll make you a deal. Post your pic and I'll post mine. I guess we all have different opinions when it comes to physical appearance but I'm in "decent shape".

My pics are on chemicalmass.com

in the search engine type "some jerk off pics for you fags" I don't know how to post here as they ask for the url bullshit and I suck with computers.

This is a bodybuilding forum for christ sakes, saying "you don't lift weights" sounds like a pathetic excuse to make up for what I suspect will be shitty pics on your part. But hey, post which ever you think are the most impressive.

Oh yeah, I have the same handle on that site I posted where I used to post. That site is shit now as the new owners are just dumb...
?

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2012, 01:35:50 PM »
ahh Ross Chiterlings has filled the void left by Derek Anthony Abscence

this should make for good comedy
getbig or getgot

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »
My pics are on chemicalmass.com

in the search engine type "some jerk off pics for you fags" I don't know how to post here as they ask for the url bullshit and I suck with computers.

This is a bodybuilding forum for christ sakes, saying "you don't lift weights" sounds like a pathetic excuse to make up for what I suspect will be shitty pics on your part. But hey, post which ever you think are the most impressive.

Oh yeah, I have the same handle on that site I posted where I used to post. That site is shit now as the new owners are just dumb...
I'm not a member at that site so I can't see your pics but, going by the name of the forum, I suspect that you are a serious bodybuilder.

I do lift weights and have done so for roughly fifteen years but never in my previous posts did I mention my physique as some sort of validation for the effectiveness of intermittent fasting or the paleo diet - and I'm not sure why you made a correlation? Another thing I can't understand is why you want to see my shitty pics (your words) but I'll try to find one for you.  ;D

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2012, 01:57:33 PM »
I'm not a member at that site so I can't see your pics but, going by the name of the forum, I suspect that you are a serious bodybuilder.

I do lift weights and have done so for roughly fifteen years but never in my previous posts did I mention my physique as some sort of validation for the effectiveness of intermittent fasting or the paleo diet - and I'm not sure why you made a correlation? Another thing I can't understand is why you want to see my shitty pics (your words) but I'll try to find one for you.  ;D
Hope this works, trying to attach a picture. Natty but I guess it's obvious.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2012, 02:21:18 PM »
well, that's pretty good for a natty. The diet works to get lean, just can't see it working for guys who are both big and lean. Your pics prove what the general verdict is of this, the guys are in shape, but lack size and many, many routes can be taken to get such a look. Glad it works for you.
?

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2012, 02:30:58 PM »
well, that's pretty good for a natty. The diet works to get lean, just can't see it working for guys who are both big and lean. Your pics prove what the general verdict is of this, the guys are in shape, but lack size and many, many routes can be taken to get such a look. Glad it works for you.
Yup, that's also my assessment. IF is great if you're a natural going for the "health look" but you do look tiny in regular clothes.  ;D

Over and out, time to get some shuteye.  8)

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2012, 02:59:46 PM »
cant we just all agree that IF is another gimmick cover for steroid usage?
all drugs - TPPIIP

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2012, 10:35:50 PM »

cant we just all agree that IF is another gimmick cover for steroid usage? this fucking tool Erstling doesnt have one original idea of his own, other than how to pump himself full of every steroid known to man and still look small and fragile, and is a waste of oxygen?

agreed.
b

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2012, 04:32:47 AM »
agreed.

By the look of your edit you read one of his articles I pointed out  :)

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2012, 10:09:14 AM »
By the look of your edit you read one of his articles I pointed out  :)

yeah this tool has been around for a while, trying to promote himself as some kind of thinker, meanwhile just ripping off others peoples ideas as his own. about as original as re inventing the wheel.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2012, 01:57:27 PM »
You're more than likely a homo.

calm down gloria. we've all seen the pics you tried to pass off as yourself, and the real ones of you.

if anyone here is a gearbox other than true adonis its you, skinnyfatboy.

why are you still here- you dont even work out. lol
b

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2012, 02:34:00 PM »
calm down gloria. we've all seen the pics you tried to pass off as yourself, and the real ones of you.

if anyone here is a gearbox other than true adonis its you, skinnyfatboy.

why are you still here- you dont even work out. lol
Oh really?  He did? No shit.....

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2012, 08:29:25 PM »
Oh really?  He did? No shit.....

ya this kids a real piece of work. got busted for posting pics that werent his (the thread is here somewhere in one of the alphabet boards) then posted his real pic in another thread, which he promptly took down after the deserved amount of abuse took place. he MIGHT be 150-160 pounds, and 13% bf. no lie. lol

hes got mental problems- has too. now he'll dispappear like he does, not reply, and hope it all goes away. sorry-not while im here.
b

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2012, 04:59:26 AM »
ya this kids a real piece of work. got busted for posting pics that werent his (the thread is here somewhere in one of the alphabet boards) then posted his real pic in another thread, which he promptly took down after the deserved amount of abuse took place. he MIGHT be 150-160 pounds, and 13% bf. no lie. lol

hes got mental problems- has too. now he'll dispappear like he does, not reply, and hope it all goes away. sorry-not while im here.

Holy shit....LOLOLOL

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=40689.msg923769#msg923769

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2012, 06:05:03 AM »
I go 16-18 hours each day.  This is perfect if you are someone who likes to cook as you can have everything perfectly prepared, all courses for your feast.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2012, 09:52:13 AM »
I go 16-18 hours each day.  This is perfect if you are someone who likes to coock as you can have everything perfectly prepared, all courses for your feast.

fixed

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2012, 09:54:19 AM »
wtf is this shit you stupid dumb fuck ?  :-X

x2

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2012, 11:17:27 AM »
How about you fucktards eat 3x/day, workout, inject and call it a day.

...or is that too simple?
1. Drugs are not necessary
2. You don`t get the benefits of Intermittent Fasting
3. Meal frequency is irrelevant

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2012, 05:17:18 PM »
you need to elicit hormesis to have the metabolic effects of IF and caloric restriction. Everything TA said is right.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2012, 09:03:16 PM »
a calorie is a calorie  ;D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2012, 02:50:12 AM »
a calorie is a calorie  ;D

Not if i'm eating at your moms house!