Author Topic: Gay Marriage for Obama is all about $$$$$$$$$ don't kid yourselves.  (Read 5164 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
"Though President Obama supposedly was not planning to endorse gay marriage until closer to the Democratic convention, the decision to make the call last week has paid dividends -- helping him raise at least $21 million for his campaign coffers in a matter of days. "

Exactly.   It was a calculated ploy and repubs stepped right into it.  Rush and Beck spent their week working as Obama's mouthpieces!

WRONG!! The Repubs (Romney, in particular) are talking about the economy. Rush and Glenn are basically skewering the president, with his own words and telling people exactly WHY Obama is bending over for the gay community.

And, they're laughing at him and the mainstream media, by citing the facts that clearly show this mess ain't working. In the end, they turn it right back to the economy. No amount of gay-pandering will save Obama from his record.

He raised $21 million...BIG DEAL!! He's still WAY behind, in terms of fund-raising. The gays basically sat on their checkbooks, until Obama put out.

Obama’s high-dollar donations lagging

President Obama is struggling to draw in big-dollar donations, with half as many people writing large checks to his campaign than at this point four years ago.

Obama is outpacing his Republican rivals in fundraising overall, and his advisers have concentrated on amassing small-dollar backers, part of a strategy to get more people invested in the reelection effort. At the end of January, 1.4 million people had donated to the Obama campaign, responding to appeals for contributions as small as $2.

But Obama lags behind Republican front-runner Mitt Romney in finding donors willing to give $2,000 or more — a surprising development for a sitting president, and one that could signal more worrisome financial problems heading into the general election. At this point in the last election cycle, Obama had received such large donations from more than 23,000 supporters, more than double the 11,000 who have given him that much this time. President George W. Bush had more than four times that number of big donations at this point in his reelection.

Interestingly, ten years ago, it was the Republicans who were outpacing the Democrats in small donations, and the Democrats were cleaning up in large, soft-money contributions. Things change.

But the fact that “President George W. Bush had more than four times that number of big donations at this point in his reelection” is huge. Where the big-money power-brokers go isn’t everything, but it is an indication of something. Obama has not done well in his first term. He has helped his cronies. He happened to be president when our soldiers got Bin Laden. But what has he done that average Americans can point to and say, “look at that.”

http://www.westernfreepress.com/2012/03/19/obama-fundraising-lags-2008-large-donations-14-of-bushs-2004-haul/

And, despite all this, Romney (who technically has yet to wrap up the GOP nomination) is either tied or beating him.

As of the printing of that article I posted, Obama has less than A QUARTER of the big-money donors that Bush had in 2004. NO WONDER his political rectum is open for business, for the gay contingent.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Skip to comments.

For Obama, Gay Is Green
American Thinker ^ | May 15, 2012 | J. Robert Smith
Posted on May 16, 2012 3:30:19 AM EDT by 2ndDivisionVet

Joseph Curl's analysis in Sunday's Washington Times on Barack Obama's gay marriage flip-flop nicely sums up the president's motive. Actually, the headline sums it up: "Team Obama panics, and it's only May."

That's right. President Barack Obama -- that Everest of integrity -- and his paid hacks are in full panic mode. As Curl observes, it's mid-May, and the president is focusing on shoring up what should be a base constituency -- gays.

Previously, Mr. Obama was trying to drive wedges between the GOP and women, Hispanics, and young voters to shore up support from these cohorts. A president up for re-election with a solid track record to run on isn't going after his own voters this late in the game. Team Obama is in big trouble.

Mr. Obama is pandering to gays with his marriage switcheroo for two reasons: 1) money; 2) onground support.

Gays aren't a large cohort in the U.S., despite misconceptions and propaganda. For years, it was in wide circulation that gays constituted 10% of the U.S. population. A May 2011 Gallup poll claims that Americans, on the whole, perceive that gays are about 1 in 4 Americans. Not so. Gays are more like 3.5% of the nation's citizenry.

Yet gays have a disproportionate influence in politics. That's because many gays are upwardly mobile and affluent; they have disposable incomes because they tend not to have families. Gays have time to devote to political causes as well. And gay voters are concentrated in larger urban areas (like San Francisco and Atlanta), where their votes can make a difference in local and some state elections.

According to BuzzFeed, an online journal:

Already, gay donors, mostly men, reportedly constitute 1 in 6 of Obama's top fundraisers known as bundlers....

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Skip to comments.

For Obama, Gay Is Green
American Thinker ^ | May 15, 2012 | J. Robert Smith
Posted on May 16, 2012 3:30:19 AM EDT by 2ndDivisionVet

Joseph Curl's analysis in Sunday's Washington Times on Barack Obama's gay marriage flip-flop nicely sums up the president's motive. Actually, the headline sums it up: "Team Obama panics, and it's only May."

That's right. President Barack Obama -- that Everest of integrity -- and his paid hacks are in full panic mode. As Curl observes, it's mid-May, and the president is focusing on shoring up what should be a base constituency -- gays.

Previously, Mr. Obama was trying to drive wedges between the GOP and women, Hispanics, and young voters to shore up support from these cohorts. A president up for re-election with a solid track record to run on isn't going after his own voters this late in the game. Team Obama is in big trouble.

Mr. Obama is pandering to gays with his marriage switcheroo for two reasons: 1) money; 2) onground support.

Gays aren't a large cohort in the U.S., despite misconceptions and propaganda. For years, it was in wide circulation that gays constituted 10% of the U.S. population. A May 2011 Gallup poll claims that Americans, on the whole, perceive that gays are about 1 in 4 Americans. Not so. Gays are more like 3.5% of the nation's citizenry.

Yet gays have a disproportionate influence in politics. That's because many gays are upwardly mobile and affluent; they have disposable incomes because they tend not to have families. Gays have time to devote to political causes as well. And gay voters are concentrated in larger urban areas (like San Francisco and Atlanta), where their votes can make a difference in local and some state elections.

According to BuzzFeed, an online journal:

Already, gay donors, mostly men, reportedly constitute 1 in 6 of Obama's top fundraisers known as bundlers....

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

Obama's rectum is officially open for business. Yet, he STILL is lagging behind, in terms of fundraising. Rush may have a point. The media may be under-reporting the expectations of the amount of money these galas were supposed to generate, to give the appearance that there's a spike in fundraising due to Obama's "evolution".

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
"Rush may have a point"
great humor.
w

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
"Rush may have a point"
great humor.

Rush also said that Obama was desperate for cash and that all this fund raising flap was to give the appearance that he's still raking in the dough.

Well, looky here!! We find that he's raised LESS THAN HALF of what he did, this time in 2008 and less than a QUARTER (among big-money donors) than Bush did.

But, don't let the facts get in the way of your kneepadding.

Why is Obama behind in his fundraising again? Why doesn't Obama have this sown up, especially after capping Bin Laden last year?

Why is he TIED OR LOSING to the survivor of "the worst GOP field in the history of American politics"?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
This is pretty shameless, given that he was supposedly opposed to homosexual marriage as late as last week:  "While the president has done well for himself at the fundraisers since his announcement, the campaign is also selling LGBT merchandise on its official website. The novelty items include shirts, posters, stickers and even a $10 "Obama Pride" can holder."

I checked the official Obama campaign website for the items you mention. As far as I could see, the items you mentioned aren't there. Although, every other possible group that supports Obama is represented in some way. Frankly, it seems like there should be something of this nature for sale there. It is odd that there isn't.

https://store.barackobama.com/?limit=9999&p=5 Check this out an if you can find LGBT merchandise here, let me know.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I checked the official Obama campaign website for the items you mention. As far as I could see, the items you mentioned aren't there. Although, every other possible group that supports Obama is represented in some way. Frankly, it seems like there should be something of this nature for sale there. It is odd that there isn't.

https://store.barackobama.com/?limit=9999&p=5 Check this out an if you can find LGBT merchandise here, let me know.

Please dont tell me you are going to make a fool of yourself and wear those ridiculous shirts obama put out.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Please dont tell me you are going to make a fool of yourself and wear those ridiculous shirts obama put out.   

Probably not since I almost never wear anything with an exposed label or otherwise advertising something (I make an exception for jeans because they are too hard to find without some identifying label). However, even if I did, what difference would it make to you?

Instead of buying merchandise I will not use, I am content to simply donate money to Obama's campaign and the Democratic party.

Will you be a fool for Romney campaign items?

Romney's campaign website's store has much less merchandise. Apparently, nurses, Latinos, Asians, environmentalist aren't supporting him with a T-shirt.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Probably not since I almost never wear anything with an exposed label or otherwise advertising something (I make an exception for jeans because they are too hard to find without some identifying label). However, even if I did, what difference would it make to you?

Instead of buying merchandise I will not use, I am content to simply donate money to Obama's campaign and the Democratic party.

Will you be a fool for Romney campaign items?

Romney's campaign website's store has much less merchandise. Apparently, nurses, Latinos, Asians, environmentalist aren't supporting him with a T-shirt.

Hell no!!!!!

are you kidding?   Yuck! 

I have a few 2nd amend, DTOM, shirts i wear that make it clear where i stand. 

I did sign up for voter fraud watch though for romney.   I'll be out in force on election day for sure! 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/slideshow/obama-campaign-sells-lgbt-swag-16353648

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/slideshow/obama-campaign-sells-lgbt-swag-16353648

Dick Morris reports on O'Reilly that Obama has about $60 million less than he did this time in 2008 ($180 million vs $236 million).

No wonder why he's hocking LGBT paraphernalia. Bend over some more, Barack!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

There are links in the Collections section to specialty items on the Obama website store. One of those links is for LBGT merchandise. -Seems appropriate since LGBT folks have the right to vote, same as anyone else. There is also a link to environmentalist, Asian, Latin, Nurses, etc. items.