Author Topic: golf club fitting  (Read 2440 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
golf club fitting
« on: April 16, 2012, 04:41:45 PM »
I was thinking about finally getting my clubs fitted. I am a tad short 5'6"-5'7" and have never had my clubs altered. They tend to sit on the heal when I address the ball and if the ball is below my feet I generally pretty screwed.

Questions are:

1. Is it worth it? how much of a difference in your scores did it make?

2. How much can I expect to pay? I really only need 8 irons adjusted

Thanks guys

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: golf club fitting
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 08:19:32 PM »
Tony lining one up.....

;D

Seriously, hit Ole Big up for advice.  He knows his stuff.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 08:21:57 PM »
Tony lining one up.....

;D

Seriously, hit Ole Big up for advice.  He knows his stuff.
LOL I did use a putter from a kids set for a while. It was a good putter but the weight wasnt heavy enough so I ditched it eventually.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 04:56:33 AM »
LOL I did use a putter from a kids set for a while. It was a good putter but the weight wasn't heavy enough so I ditched it eventually.

How often do you play ??? years ago I got a set of irons fitted but I didn't notice much of a difference from the ones I use now.

....I still stink :'(

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 03:17:24 PM »

How often do you play ??? years ago I got a set of irons fitted but I didn't notice much of a difference from the ones I use now.

....I still stink :'(
in the summer generally once or twice a month and hit the rang once a week or so.

My thing is the toe of the clus generally is in the air when i address the ball. The heel of the club is basically the only thing touching the ground so I think it could make a decent difference even if it was just psychological.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »
in the summer generally once or twice a month and hit the rang once a week or so.

My thing is the toe of the clus generally is in the air when i address the ball. The heel of the club is basically the only thing touching the ground so I think it could make a decent difference even if it was just psychological.

Honestly I would say it's not worth it..I had it done to a set of mine years ago and didn't notice a difference between them and any set I've had since then.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 11:08:32 AM »
Honestly I would say it's not worth it..I had it done to a set of mine years ago and didn't notice a difference between them and any set I've had since then.

Probably says more about your game than club fitting, stud.  ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 11:12:56 AM »

Probably says more about your game than club fitting, stud.  ;D

True dat ;D

Buzz363

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 06:48:35 PM »
It's fairly inexpensive and consists of cutting down the shaft or lengthening using a plug. New clubs can come from the supplier with longer shafts as well. Get it done as you're probably due for new grips anyway. Not a huge game changer but will help you make consistent shots.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 04:47:03 AM »
It's fairly inexpensive and consists of cutting down the shaft or lengthening using a plug. New clubs can come from the supplier with longer shafts as well. Get it done as you're probably due for new grips anyway. Not a huge game changer but will help you make consistent shots.

That is one thing I do every year...get my grips re-done.

....94 on Sat :-\

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 11:45:35 AM »

You are considering a static measurement here.  Since everyone will bend the shaft to a certain degree, you need to be fitted for lie angle by actually hitting balls.

And yes, it can make an incredible difference in your game.