Author Topic: Why do the poor deserve obamaphones?  (Read 4830 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Why do the poor deserve obamaphones?
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2012, 06:10:31 AM »
Thread closed

Wrong - i bumped the other thread.  Read it

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2012, 10:41:06 PM »
If it bores you, why reply?  And, it wasn't an anti black thread, but I did bring up how the commercials I saw regarding the program were geared towards blacks. If I was a black man, that shit would piss me off that "whitey" was giving me a fucking hand out, like I couldn't do it myself. But, that's for another discussion. Like I stated, black or white, NO ONE deserves a free ride. And, notice how I didn't include Asians or Latin Americans, because they aren't the problem. I will admit that there are a shit ton on white trash, and it makes my stomach turn, as I'm sure ghetto blacks make yours. There is no problem with being ethnocentric, it's hard not to harbor some sort of innate pride, so if it may seem like I'm singling out blacks, I'm not trying to, just making a few observations and asking for EVERYONE'S input. And these threads may have a racial undertone, but it's hard not to when you have Jesse and al still driving wedges between the two cultures. So, that being said , would you like to answer the question at hand, and the one I asked in my last post directed at you?  Like I said, no ill will towards you, I generally want to know peoples thoughts on the welfare state.

I guess any black commercial with a black spokesperson is "geared" toward blacks?..LOL...and I guess you have never been in a "ghetto" because the Ghetto as people put it is filled with blacks and hispanic Americans living side by side...mexicans, puerto ricans, etc....so when you say they aren't part of the problem, well...yes they are..they get as much gov't assistance as blacks..I just find it weird that these threads go toward a black rant all the time...also remember that a lot of rich whites are getting "government help" as well.....lots of subsidies totalling billions upon billions of dollars in tax breaks, and direct subsidies like all the millionaire farmers get...The rich are living off of government just as badly as the poor....but no one says anything......but if these millionaires were black........watch out...because everyone hates it when a black guy gets a handout yet whites have their palms up all the time as well

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2012, 11:34:23 PM »
2.  The government doesn't pay for the phones.....the telecom companies do.

Actually no. It's paid for by the consumers.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2012, 04:51:41 AM »
I guess any black commercial with a black spokesperson is "geared" toward blacks?..LOL...and I guess you have never been in a "ghetto" because the Ghetto as people put it is filled with blacks and hispanic Americans living side by side...mexicans, puerto ricans, etc....so when you say they aren't part of the problem, well...yes they are..they get as much gov't assistance as blacks..I just find it weird that these threads go toward a black rant all the time...also remember that a lot of rich whites are getting "government help" as well.....lots of subsidies totalling billions upon billions of dollars in tax breaks, and direct subsidies like all the millionaire farmers get...The rich are living off of government just as badly as the poor....but no one says anything......but if these millionaires were black........watch out...because everyone hates it when a black guy gets a handout yet whites have their palms up all the time as well

I don't mind government assistance if you are putting in to the system, and not a lifelong leech. And you can say what you want about it being geared towards blacks because it has a black spokesperson, but it's true. It's the way it is brought about, with the lady saying "it's my cuzinz fault" as she shakes her head like a snake. That is defiantly geared towards the black community. Hey, I got no problem with gearing your advertisements toward your demographic, that's what they are for. It's like the Spanish McDonald's commercials, I have no beef with that. But, back to your beef with the rich getting government handouts, I do believe there needs to be a watchful eye on that sort of thing, but if you are a guy who generates jobs and revenue that gets put back into the economy, then you should get a break somewhere.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2012, 06:34:45 PM »
Taxpayers foot bill for free [low income] government cell phones [$1+ billion per year!]
WLS - Chicago ^ | June 12, 2012 | Ben Bradley
Posted on June 12, 2012 8:17:25 PM EDT by kevcol

New questions have emerged about a government program that has given away millions of free cell phones and service to people with low incomes and those in rural areas.

The money comes from the federal "Universal Service Charge" on your phone bill. It has its roots way back in the 1930s. The goal was to make sure people in rural areas and the poor had access to telephone service. In the 1990s, it expanded to include wireless phones.

Since then, the numbers have exploded. The cost of the program is now more than $1 billion dollars a year. The FCC, along with some Democrats and Republicans, are trying to reign it in.
On an abandoned lot on the West Side of Chicago, a sign on a bright green tent advertises a deal too good for many to resist.

"My daughter told me about it. It's a government phone," said Jeanetta Anderson.

When asked if she had to pay anything for it, Anderson said no.

She's right. This is one case where "free" really means free -- at least, for the people receiving the phones.

When asked who pays for the program, cell phone user Michael Brown said, "The government or the taxpayers. Someone. I don't pay for it. Like I said, I can't afford it. It helps me."
An FCC spokesperson said: "Since 1985, [the wireless service program] has helped low-income consumers find jobs, contact friends and family, and call 911 in emergencies, and we will not allow fraud and abuse to destroy this valuable program for the nation's most vulnerable citizens."

(Excerpt) Read more at abclocal.go.com ...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2012, 06:45:54 PM »
Actually no. It's paid for by the consumers.

No, its paid by the telecom companies profits which does come from the consumers naturally but there is no fee or bill.  The reason they do that is so that they can make money from people who would normally not have a phone....they only get about 100 minutes and afterwards they are charged overage fees.

Think about it....you give some a cell phone that cost 50 cents to manufacture and you earn profit usually within the first month.  

Now, there may be another program out there but not the general one advertised on TV
A

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2012, 06:57:54 PM »
No, its paid by the telecom companies profits which does come from the consumers naturally but there is no fee or bill.

First of all, there is a fee. The USF fee partially covers this, and it's listed on your bill. But even if it wasn't, are you seriously arguing that the consumers don't pay for this because there's no line item in the bill? That's ridiculous. And out of curiosity why would companies NOT want to list it in a line item, when it be used to reduce their net profit, and thus reduce they have to pay tax on?

Think about it....you give some a cell phone that cost 50 cents to manufacture and you earn profit usually within the first month.

Huh? What does this have to do with anything?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2012, 09:01:14 PM »
First of all, there is a fee. The USF fee partially covers this, and it's listed on your bill. But even if it wasn't, are you seriously arguing that the consumers don't pay for this because there's no line item in the bill? That's ridiculous. And out of curiosity why would companies NOT want to list it in a line item, when it be used to reduce their net profit, and thus reduce they have to pay tax on?

Huh? What does this have to do with anything?

As I stated, there are a couple of different "free phone programs".  The actual government sponsored phone is for the really, really, really poor and you have to jump through hoops to get it while the common one is for the most part a scheme from the telecom companies under the guise of a special government program which just isn't the case.

Those are the phones you see people getting from those tents with bright labels on it.  However, with that being said, the government phone program has been around since the 1940's....why is it Obama's program all of a sudden???  Makes no sense
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2012, 09:02:25 PM »
which getbiggers post on the poli board on their obamaphone?

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2012, 09:11:10 PM »
As I stated, there are a couple of different "free phone programs".  The actual government sponsored phone is for the really, really, really poor and you have to jump through hoops to get it while the common one is for the most part a scheme from the telecom companies under the guise of a special government program which just isn't the case.

I don't think you understand how this particular program that's at issue works.

Those are the phones you see people getting from those tents with bright labels on it.  However, with that being said, the government phone program has been around since the 1940's....why is it Obama's program all of a sudden???  Makes no sense

I never said it was. As a matter of fact, if you look back, you will see a post of mine raising this very point.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2012, 01:58:57 PM »
Reports Of Fraud, Abuse Surround Federal Free Phone Program
 CBS Minnesota ^ | July 19, 2012 | Liz Collin

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A federal program is giving away thousands of free cell phones and minutes in Minnesota, and you’re paying for it.

Helping low-income people connect to services they need, the program gives free phones with hundreds of free minutes each month to people in need to land jobs, make appointments and stay in touch with family.

But the program has come under fire for its $1 billion price tag and reports of fraud.
 Odell Hilson sold his phone for $20 because he needed the money. He didn’t remember which company gave it to him, but he didn’t seem to care that taxpayers picked up the tab.

“They would be upset, because they figure they were paying for it and if that’s the case, then that’s not my problem,” Hilson said
 Still, Arkansas Congressman Tim Griffin doesn’t think the safeguards go far enough.

He believes most phones aren’t being used to help find jobs, and they’re costing the country far too much. The republican has introduced a bill in Washington to get rid of the cell phones and only cover landline costs.

“The federal government doesn’t need to be providing people with cell phones,” Griffin said.

(Excerpt) Read more at minnesota.cbslocal.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2012, 08:51:40 AM »
What is the reason, besides buying votes? Do these people realize that they are just making people less likely to go out and work?  When these people all decide to quit their jobs, or just not work, who is left to foot the bill for everything else?  The working man?  I would like a leftist view on these welfare programs, sell me on this please.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2012, 09:17:58 AM »
which getbiggers post on the poli board on their obamaphone?

I'd be very surprised if these phones included any internet ability whatsoever.  They probably aren't even text enabled.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2012, 09:20:04 AM »
I'd be very surprised if these phones included any internet ability whatsoever.  They probably aren't even text enabled.

So?  Why the fuck should these welfare thugs get free phones? 

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2012, 09:31:30 AM »
Better question is why anyone who doesn't work is entitled to health care. Healthcare is offered by employers to make sure you are healthy and productive workers... Providing the company some sort or labor or skill that they need in exchange. So if your sitting on your ass at home... No matter what the reason... And providing no services, labor, or skill to anyone, you deserve health care exactly why?

In the past, those in real need of help got it from thier community via charity, family help, or neighbors help. Some where it switched from getting help from the community into demanding it from the tax payer. If you don't work you don't deserve health care, no matter the race, where you live, etc. That's one where I'd like to hear a coherent argument for...why you are entitled to healthcare if you are not working for anyone.

(And before anyone tries to spin it... I am in favor of healthcare for veterans, those with real disabilities, etc. just not the lazy bastards like OWS etc... if you can protest... Go get a job for your health care you damn losers. )
$

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2012, 09:36:05 AM »
So?  Why the fuck should these welfare thugs get free phones? 

Agreeing with 240's statement, there are a fuck of a lot of things I'd cut before cutting this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2012, 09:39:09 AM »
Agreeing with 240's statement, there are a fuck of a lot of things I'd cut before cutting this.

Like what?   If these fat greesy slobs and tax sponges were put to work doing something they wouldnt need a phone to do their drug deals and scams. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »

they're actually nice lol

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2012, 01:46:26 PM »
Like what?   If these fat greesy slobs and tax sponges were put to work doing something they wouldnt need a phone to do their drug deals and scams. 

I totally agree about the WPA.  It would solve so many problems, it's amazing to think about.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2012, 01:47:30 PM »
they're actually nice lol

Honestly, bro.  What's an example?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2012, 01:50:56 PM »
I totally agree about the WPA.  It would solve so many problems, it's amazing to think about.

Could you imagine the people being told they have to do public works projects before they got anymore shit from the government
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2012, 01:55:08 PM »
Could you imagine the people being told they have to do public works projects before they got anymore shit from the government

They would at first riot and break things in a fit of rage, but after a week or so they would settle down and get in line. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2012, 05:54:51 PM »
 ::)

Straw and the rest of the liberal stooges on this website want productive Americans to pay their fair share so that pieces of trash like the baboon in the above video clip can sit on their fat asses, collect welfare checks and talk on a a taxpayer funded free cell phone.

In other news, I am outraged that Trader Joe's now accepts food stamps. Noticeably, the TJ located in my area has transformed from a nice place to buy groceries into Uganda.  I mean what the fuck?! Since when does being poor and unemployed give you cart blanche to eat fucking steak and lobster on the tax payers dime? Where the fuck does it end?

And there's the rub-- it doesn't end. These liberal cockroaches want to make everything a "right" for the inherently useless-- financed and funded of course by people who are self sufficient and pay taxes.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2012, 06:00:36 PM »
::)

Straw and the rest of the liberal stooges on this website want productive Americans to pay their fair share so that pieces of trash like the baboon in the above video clip can sit on their fat asses, collect welfare checks and talk on a a taxpayer funded free cell phone.

In other news, I am outraged that Trader Joe's now accepts food stamps. Noticeably, the TJ located in my area has transformed from a nice place to buy groceries into Uganda.  I mean what the fuck?! Since when does being poor and unemployed give you cart blanche to eat fucking steak and lobster on the tax payers dime? Where the fuck does it end?

And there's the rub-- it doesn't end. These liberal cockroaches want to make everything a "right" for the inherently useless-- financed and funded of course by people who are self sufficient and pay taxes.

The middle class dipshits like Straw Man think they're part of the ruling class the democrats have set up and know that they have to keep these deadbeats on the plantation in order to stay in power. Guys like him are just too fucking stupid to realize they're part of that plantation class and not among the elites.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2012, 09:33:24 PM »

They already have been doing that for years here in NY city