Author Topic: Insulin on its own  (Read 9257 times)

Lostboy

• Getbig I
  • Lee Priest Fan
Re: Insulin on its own
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2006, 11:09:40 PM »
Hello everyone,

I've been a BB fan for about 2 years now.  I'm 37 and I've been diabetic since I was 2.  Only last week I found out how BB use insulin to improve gains.  It's funny, but BB has caused me to understand insulin better than being diabetic for 35 years.  I think I was litterally in shock that anyone would risk their life like that simply to make muscle faster.  Now that I understand the importance of insulin after a workout though, I have a question.  Why would a BB take external insulin when the body will produce it on it's own if you're not diabetic, when you eat your post workout meal?  Is it because the body won't produce it fast enough for gains?

At least now I understand why I train so hard without much gain.  I train as hard as real BB's do, but I barely grow at all.  It takes me 6 months to accomplish what a normal person does in 1 month.  I've always assumed it was a side effect of my diabetes, but now I know that it's a side effect I can correct with a properly timed dose of insulin and a meal. 

Advice for anyone else out there:

• Please . . . DON'T try using Humalog (the prescription) for BB.  It's works so fast, that even "I" get into trouble sometimes.  Like when I go to a restaurant, and I take it right before I order (and my blood sugar is normal) like I'm suppose to.  Then the food takes a few minutes longer (literally), and I'm already going hypoglycemic, eating sugar packets at the table, and asking the waitress for regular coke.
  • Repeated use of insulin, especially in large doses, WILL turn you into a diabetic.  Your pancreas will think it doesn't need to produce insulin because you keep putting it in manually.  Please be careful, because being diabetic sucks.
  • If you do choose to use it, you can carry glucose tablets with you that you can buy at the drug store for diabetics, just in case of emergency. 
Thanks,
Lostboy

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2006, 12:13:21 AM »
Wow, after reading all this I'm not even sure I want to chime in, but I was going to spill the secret of using insulin properly to gain like crazy... at least from what I've experienced personally, some people have gotten it (seems most of the pro's have) but for those want to know... it's dangerous and it's already been bashed in this thread, but hey.. it works (just make sure you have plenty of glucose tabs on you in case!)  It's not about taking the insulin RIGHT AFTER training like most of you seem to believe, the real trick is taking it (if possible) either in the middle of your workout or in the beginning , the timing here is crucial. Humalog has an onset of 5-15 minutes, but does not peak for an hour or so and the residual effects are ~1:30-2h. I've been using this method lately and I've made gains faster then ever before, of course you have to remember to ram a ton of carbs as soon as you finish your workout :)

Like I've said before, I know it's dangerous, and definetly not for a first timer, but goddamn it works.

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2006, 12:43:17 PM »
I have taken slin on several occasions and that is why I recommended a first time user to take his carbs and meals immediately after pinning.  If you have ever taken slin then you know it can hit you like a freight train and you can go hypo really quick.  First time users dont know their body that well, so they won't feel the initial onset, and it will be too late by the time they figure it out.....

A friend of mine died in the locker room at the gym after 10 ius, because he failed to get his complex carbs in before the hypo set in.  I respect the insulin vial more than any other.

First you don't need more then 10 iu per shot at anytime
Second 'O' is right and wrong, you need to eat before and after you pin, but complex carbs isn't it.
For every 1 iu you need 10 simple carbs to  attack it. 10 iu you need 100 simple carbs [ sugar ] it is as simple as that with the math.
And yes building up to 10 iu is good, but taking complex carbs after pinning is got to be one stupid idea. The effects of insulin last for 2 hours. So you better be downing simple carbs for two hours. Having a meal an hour after is good, but that sugar better be sitting on the tip of your tongue.

Now 'O' I can see where your getting your complex carbs idea from, but if taking complex and simple at the same time, it is not going to work. You can't predict how your body will take the complex carbs. Just too risky. IMO.

And for taking slin.  sure. Just Do 2 hours a day of research on the topic/subject and then after an exam and do a cycle of steriod for the pinning   ... youre good.. sure.  ::)

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2006, 12:51:15 PM »

Insulin doesnt have to be prescribed either, its totally legal to walk into the pharmacy and buy it.

In canada it is legit but I'm not to sure about the states.

Better Question, Which type of Inuslin do you take?

Humulin N
Humulin R
Humulin U
Humalog

Like come on... Plus it is dirty cheap in Canada.

Mark1

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2006, 09:17:42 PM »
A mate of mine just dropped some insulin off. I was going to give it a shot (no pun intended) but after reading this I'm going to bury that shit.