Author Topic: Get on record now - Shuold the US intervene in Syria massacres?  (Read 1368 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
1) No, stay out of it.

2) Yes, with the UN or NATO capacity, but nothing by ourselves.  Bombs away.  Think: Libya.

3) Yes, we may need men on the ground and we may be doing it alone, but we gotta stop the slaughter.

YOUR opinion is valued.  please don't want for Romney to commit to a position, or for obama to speak so you can claim the opposite.
Do YOU think the US should spend $ and risk lives getting involved to prevent an ongoing slaughter?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Get on record now - Shuold the US intervene in Syria massacres?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 09:04:17 AM »
No.   

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 09:39:39 AM »
4) Kill them all.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 10:23:13 AM »
no

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 10:40:02 AM »
No.

These slaughters have been going on for quite some time, we didn't intervene when they first started so why would we intervene now?

Libya and Egypt are side-shows compared to what is going on in Syria yet all the world has to offer is verbal condemnation and UN proclamations. I wonder why?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 10:54:05 AM »
No.
These slaughters have been going on for quite some time, we didn't intervene when they first started so why would we intervene now?
Libya and Egypt are side-shows compared to what is going on in Syria yet all the world has to offer is verbal condemnation and UN proclamations. I wonder why?

Suppose the Syrian govt exterminates 1, 2 or 5 MILLION people.

THEN, should we get involved?   Is there a magic number?  88 this weekend is okay, but 10 million are too many?

How do you guys set the cutoff number?   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 11:14:14 AM »

THEN, should we get involved?   Is there a magic number?  88 this weekend is okay, but 10 million are too many?

why don't we just make the magic cuttoff number 20 million.  That's 90% of their population. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 11:26:17 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/28/houla-massacre-us-military-warns

here we go.   Just in time for the election.   Rambama is going to get us into this mess. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/28/houla-massacre-us-military-warns

here we go.   Just in time for the election.   Rambama is going to get us into this mess. 

and romeny will FALL IN LINE and say me too. 

what's he gonna say?  He's okay with mass extermination in other countries?  mccain, graham, kerry and the war crowd will love this war like they cried for NFZ in libya, knowing exactly where that would lead.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:13 PM »
No.

But I think the rational for interveing would have been better than it was for intervening in Libya.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 03:17:32 PM »
Hitler ruined it for all of us. Our foreign policy regarding these types of situations was all brought about because of what he did. I can't say I blame people for wanting to stop it, but I don't agree. But, like I said, I can't be mad if someone wants to step in for HUMANITARIAN issues.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 04:02:05 PM »
Its kind of a fucked situation.  I don't know what to think.  I do think though, its the world's responsibility to stop this, not ours.  Further more, if we should ever get involved in anything of a mercy recuse mission of a country we should start with N. Korea. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 04:24:30 PM »
Anyone curious as to why we intervened in Libya-- a country of no threat or strategic value, allowed an ally of nearly half a century to be overrun by islamic militants and be put on trial from his sick bed+ did absolutely nothing as the people of an imminently nuclear Iran attempted to revolt against the lunatics in power? The results? Libya is a disaster. Egypt is a disaster. Iran is sprinting toward a nuclear weapon and the people live in a repressive police state.

Now, Irans closest ally is falling apart at the seams as thousands upon thousands of men, women and children have been slaughtered by the Syrian government, and we do nothing.

Guess we can't intervene when doing so is in our best interest.  ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 06:28:04 PM »

So fucking what? It is well documented that Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups are very active and pouring into Syria to fight Assad. It's pretty comical considering Assad spent years turning a blind eye while allowing foreign fighters to enter Iraq through Syria. Bittersweet, really.

A commander in Iran's Quds Force admitted today that they are active on the ground in the Syria and helping to fight the rebels. It has also been documented that Hezbollah operatives are on the ground there, too.

I don't give a shit about terrorists killing terrorists.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 06:56:56 PM »
I don't give a shit about terrorists killing terrorists.

This

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 06:59:32 PM »
 ::)  lets not pretend this is a fucking Hitler situation because it's not and never will be.  So drop the OMG, he's killing everyone bit just to get us into another conflict.  He's not killing off an entire people and he's not trying to rule the world.  This is civil confict type crap we don't need to deal with.

stupid thread...

No we shouldn't get involved.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 07:03:47 PM »
::)  lets not pretend this is a fucking Hitler situation because it's not and never will be.  So drop the OMG, he's killing everyone bit just to get us into another conflict.  He's not killing off an entire people and he's not trying to rule the world.  This is civil confict type crap we don't need to deal with.

stupid thread...

No we shouldn't get involved.

I didn't say it was a Hitler situation, just that his follies/atrocities set the stage for our foreign policy.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 07:27:24 PM »
If the Syria situation has taught us anything, it once again confirms that the UN is by far the most worthless organization on the planet. Just like in Bosnia, Rwanda, Darfur, Somalia, etc, etc, etc, they are always late to the party and when they get there they do nothing.

We should keep handing them billions of dollars of our money every year.  ::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 07:35:46 PM »
This
x2
Kill em all.
Or in this case, let them kill each other.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 08:41:59 PM »
x2
Kill em all.
Or in this case, let them kill each other.

x3
Let god sort em out.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 08:47:19 PM »
I didn't say it was a Hitler situation, just that his follies/atrocities set the stage for our foreign policy.
yea exactly.  You said that and that is what it is then you have 240 whatifing 10 million people.  My post was for a reason.  They'll play past atrocities for justification.  It's BS just as much as when they tried to make that fruitcake in Iran look like Hitler.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 08:56:45 PM »
If the Syria situation has taught us anything, it once again confirms that the UN is by far the most worthless organization on the planet. Just like in Bosnia, Rwanda, Darfur, Somalia, etc, etc, etc, they are always late to the party and when they get there they do nothing.

We should keep handing them billions of dollars of our money every year.  ::)

Truth.   :-\

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 11:39:35 PM »
Also, - and this isnt the subject of this thread, but its something that doesnt get said enough - the rationale for going into Iraq was better than the rationale for going into Libya.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 11:56:45 PM »
Also, - and this isnt the subject of this thread, but its something that doesnt get said enough - the rationale for going into Iraq was better than the rationale for going into Libya.
no it wasn't!  They were both total fucking bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  There was no justification for us going into Iraq.  Most of the reasoning was totally made up crap from years long past.  You can't say Iraq was a better choice than Libya, that's just nuts.  The only choice you have is right or wrong.  Both are wrong for different reasons imo.  No fucking way the Iraq war had more justification.  That's a joke to suggest.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 12:20:53 AM »
no it wasn't!  They were both total fucking bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  There was no justification for us going into Iraq.  Most of the reasoning was totally made up crap from years long past.  You can't say Iraq was a better choice than Libya, that's just nuts.  The only choice you have is right or wrong.  Both are wrong for different reasons imo.  No fucking way the Iraq war had more justification.  That's a joke to suggest.

Exactly...

PS... nice photo that the BBC put out... even though it is a complete fabrication and was from 2003.

Oh... and my answer is a resounding fucking 1.

No... we need to stay the fuck out.