Author Topic: The Official Futbol Thread  (Read 7870 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Re: The Official Soccer Thread
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 12:05:53 PM »
very funny, and I'm certain you're never ever going to take a British female footie supporter seriously, even though I'm Liverpool FC blood... (and I even understand the newly revised off-side rule)

'tis true, football is unlikely to find favour in the US as they've another sport they've given the same name.  Most of the rest of the world understands football as a foot and ball sport, but the US of A have that new thing with the pads and touchdowns they've modified from our rugby.  It's okay.  

Our football will survive without the support of never-been-or-seen-anywhere-else Americans.  I apologise for my detrimental opinions of Americans and their daft Football, I just find it silly and after all you are all on your own.

I also find Hockey somewhat odd.  But I lived in Canada for a bit and comprehend that they don't even do world news there, no politics, nothing other than a bit of hockey.  The headline news is hockey.  It's okay.

I adore sports.  I go nuts if not totally mental watching my team or my current favourite tennis player.  I could never play that ball, let alone see it coming, so I'm in awe.  I love appreciating sportsmen.  

Olympics this year in London

Liverpool lost really really badly the other day and I'm gutted
xL

doubt you'll ever be able to do a proper "official soccer thread"?  I'll surely get voted off (your mods on your sports board have always been rude to me or just deleted my posts

and you've no other supporters.....

beverast

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 12:46:49 PM »

xL

Oh well, at least you've got that shiny Carling Cup...............

::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 07:31:38 PM »
very funny, and I'm certain you're never ever going to take a British female footie supporter seriously, even though I'm Liverpool FC blood... (and I even understand the newly revised off-side rule)

'tis true, football is unlikely to find favour in the US as they've another sport they've given the same name.  Most of the rest of the world understands football as a foot and ball sport, but the US of A have that new thing with the pads and touchdowns they've modified from our rugby.  It's okay.  

Our football will survive without the support of never-been-or-seen-anywhere-else Americans.  I apologise for my detrimental opinions of Americans and their daft Football, I just find it silly and after all you are all on your own.

I also find Hockey somewhat odd.  But I lived in Canada for a bit and comprehend that they don't even do world news there, no politics, nothing other than a bit of hockey.  The headline news is hockey.  It's okay.

I adore sports.  I go nuts if not totally mental watching my team or my current favourite tennis player.  I could never play that ball, let alone see it coming, so I'm in awe.  I love appreciating sportsmen.  

Olympics this year in London

xL

doubt you'll ever be able to do a proper "official soccer thread"?  I'll surely get voted off (your mods on your sports board have always been rude to me or just deleted my posts

and you've no other supporters.....

::)  You are such a pretentious twat.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 02:31:47 PM »
::)  You are such a pretentious twat.

And it's out of the park. 
~

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Re: The Official Football Thread
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 03:33:00 PM »
I won't finish 5th because I don't play.

The team I support, Tottenham Hotspur, has hit a run of poor form and may very well finish out of the top four.  There is still time, of course, for Uncle Harry to right the ship.

Supporting a team, but keeping results in proper perspective, is the key to enjoying sports.

How prescient my response turned out to be.  Ironic that Tottenham Hotspur managed to hold on to fourth position, only to be denied a spot in next year's Champions League due to the rare occurence of a team outside the top four winning this year's CL trophy.   
~