Author Topic: ZMA  (Read 2291 times)

mjs383

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
ZMA
« on: October 27, 2005, 07:01:26 AM »
I have been hearing alot about ZMA lately and I have only been reading good things about it... I was wondering if anyone could give me a clue to how well it works in developing strength and their pro's and con's about it.  The internet said only good things about it so I was looking for some real opinions... thanks in advance.

DBall

Re: ZMA
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 01:42:56 AM »
zma is basically zinc and magnesium, two minerals that most bodybuilders, if a full blood test with mineral profiling is done, are severely lacking.  it doesnt work all that well in developing strength, not nearly as well as victor conte would have you believe.  for some, it helps them sleep, for some, it makes them feel like they have a hang over when they wake up.  you have to try it yourself.  its relatively cheap.  i tried it way back in like 2000 and wasnt real impressed. but i have friends that still take it. 

Dr.X

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 05:00:29 AM »
If you look closely at the ZMA study, you'll see that all subjects were deficient in Zinc and Magnesium before taking ZMA.  All increases in natural test output, GH, IGF-1 were achieved by simply correcting the nutritional deficiency.  If you're not deficient, it won't do anything.  Stick to taking a one-a-day multi or use Animal Paks if you have some extra cash.  If you're deficient (only a blood test would show this), ZMA is the most absorbable form of Zinc and Magnesium I am aware of.  But be careful not to load up on too much Zinc as this practice will lead to a build up of copper levels in the body as both of these minerals work in synergy in many biochemical redux reactions in the body. 

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 02:08:13 PM »
If you look closely at the ZMA study, you'll see that all subjects were deficient in Zinc and Magnesium before taking ZMA.  All increases in natural test output, GH, IGF-1 were achieved by simply correcting the nutritional deficiency. 

Bodybuilders are notoriously deficient in these minerals; as the lifting process saps the body of them.  In my opinion and experience, ZMA is a very beneficial and affordable supplement. 
:-)

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 06:32:18 PM »
I tried ZMA & didn't get any results that I could percieve.Then I just bought the vitamins & made up my own ZMA brew which as stated is just zinc,magnesium & B6.Cost less & found it worked for me.