Author Topic: Call it now, who is gonna win in November?  (Read 1631 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Call it now, who is gonna win in November?
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »
you're free to believe whatever you'd like and I'll be glad to mock you for it

I guess from your post you think this will happen at the convention

Mock me all you like, but on election day - i will be th one doing the mocking. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 03:43:10 PM »

Mock me all you like, but on election day - i will be th one doing the mocking. 

time will tell

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 04:10:05 PM »
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/04/cnn-electoral-map-seven-states-up-in-the-air-in-fight-for-white-house/?hpt=hp_c1

CNN Electoral Map: Seven states up in the air in fight for White House
politicalmugshot
Posted by
CNN Political Unit

Washington (CNN) - With just over five months to go until the November election, a new CNN Electoral Map indicates a tight battle between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney for the 270 electoral votes needed to win the White House.

According to the CNN map unveiled Monday, the president leads Romney in 19 states and the District of Columbia, which if he carried those in the general election would give him 247 electoral votes. Romney, the unofficial GOP presidential nominee pending the party's convention, leads in 24 states, which would give him 206 electoral votes.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

The map currently indicates that seven states are true toss-ups. Those states are Colorado (9 electoral votes), Florida (29), Iowa (6), Nevada (6), New Hampshire (4), Ohio (18) and Virginia (13). Eighty-five electoral votes are up for grabs in those seven states.

Four states currently lean towards Obama: Michigan (16), New Mexico (5), Pennsylvania (20) and Wisconsin (10). Four states currently lean towards Romney: Arizona (11), Indiana (11), Missouri (10), and North Carolina (15).

"Elections generally break one way late, meaning if you head into the final weeks with six toss-ups, four or five - and sometimes all - break with the winner. And so that could well happen this time. But if you look at the map today, this looks a lot more like Bush vs. Gore than it does Obama vs. McCain," says CNN Chief National Correspondent John King, anchor of "John King, USA."

"It's no surprise that Florida and Ohio are toss-ups and potential 'deciders' - they traditionally play that role in presidential politics. What is fascinating is the number of plausible scenarios under which one or two of the 'smaller' battlegrounds could prove decisive," King added. "Iowa and New Hampshire, for example - what a delicious storyline if it all ends in the states where it began. Colorado and Virginia are relative newcomers to the 'swing state' role, and now critical to what amounts to a multi-dimensional chess game."

Overall, 15 states right now are either toss-ups or lean towards either the president or Romney.

"The 2012 presidential election likely will be decided by these 15 key states, worth a total of 183 electoral votes," CNN Political Research Director Robert Yoon says. "Determining what qualifies as a battleground state is not an exact science, but it's a rough mix of several criteria, including polling, past election results, the state's political, demographic, and economic trends; whether the campaigns and parties will devote resources to the state, such as ad spending, candidate visits, field offices, and staff, and the presence of other high-profile races on the ballot. CNN's Electoral Map will take into account all these factors, as well as its own reporting and analysis."

There are factors that aren't as clear as what the map shows, King said.

"President Obama starts with a mathematical edge and the psychological advantage of knowing he won each of the tossups last time. A different year, yes, but in most places he has veteran teams who know the states and so also know where there are weaknesses and erosion when compared to 2008. Governor Romney has less room for error - he has to win Ohio and most likely needs to win Florida, too."

What else to look for? Efforts by both campaigns to change the map, King said.

"Can, for example, Team Romney wrestle Wisconsin and/or Pennsylvania out of the 'Lean Obama' and into competitive toss-up territory? Doing so would not only give them more options on a path to 270, but also force the Dreadyemocrats to adjust travel and ad strategies some.

"And ditto for Arizona when it comes to Team Obama - if they can accelerate the progress they are making there, it could give them a potential backup state to offset a loss or losses elsewhere," King continued. "An Arizona-New Mexico-Colorado-Nevada bundle in the West, for example, would allow President Obama to survive struggles in Florida and/or Ohio. More of the chess match."

Both the Obama and Romney campaigns are spending big bucks to put up TV commercials in many of these states, with independent groups also pouring in money to run ads. Both the president and Romney have made campaign stops in many of these states, and both camps are increasing their troops there, as well.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 04:17:20 PM »
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/04/cnn-electoral-map-seven-states-up-in-the-air-in-fight-for-white-house/?hpt=hp_c1

CNN Electoral Map: Seven states up in the air in fight for White House
politicalmugshot
Posted by
CNN Political Unit

Washington (CNN) - With just over five months to go until the November election, a new CNN Electoral Map indicates a tight battle between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney for the 270 electoral votes needed to win the White House.

According to the CNN map unveiled Monday, the president leads Romney in 19 states and the District of Columbia, which if he carried those in the general election would give him 247 electoral votes. Romney, the unofficial GOP presidential nominee pending the party's convention, leads in 24 states, which would give him 206 electoral votes.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

The map currently indicates that seven states are true toss-ups. Those states are Colorado (9 electoral votes), Florida (29), Iowa (6), Nevada (6), New Hampshire (4), Ohio (18) and Virginia (13). Eighty-five electoral votes are up for grabs in those seven states.

Four states currently lean towards Obama: Michigan (16), New Mexico (5), Pennsylvania (20) and Wisconsin (10). Four states currently lean towards Romney: Arizona (11), Indiana (11), Missouri (10), and North Carolina (15).

"Elections generally break one way late, meaning if you head into the final weeks with six toss-ups, four or five - and sometimes all - break with the winner. And so that could well happen this time. But if you look at the map today, this looks a lot more like Bush vs. Gore than it does Obama vs. McCain," says CNN Chief National Correspondent John King, anchor of "John King, USA."

"It's no surprise that Florida and Ohio are toss-ups and potential 'deciders' - they traditionally play that role in presidential politics. What is fascinating is the number of plausible scenarios under which one or two of the 'smaller' battlegrounds could prove decisive," King added. "Iowa and New Hampshire, for example - what a delicious storyline if it all ends in the states where it began. Colorado and Virginia are relative newcomers to the 'swing state' role, and now critical to what amounts to a multi-dimensional chess game."

Overall, 15 states right now are either toss-ups or lean towards either the president or Romney.

"The 2012 presidential election likely will be decided by these 15 key states, worth a total of 183 electoral votes," CNN Political Research Director Robert Yoon says. "Determining what qualifies as a battleground state is not an exact science, but it's a rough mix of several criteria, including polling, past election results, the state's political, demographic, and economic trends; whether the campaigns and parties will devote resources to the state, such as ad spending, candidate visits, field offices, and staff, and the presence of other high-profile races on the ballot. CNN's Electoral Map will take into account all these factors, as well as its own reporting and analysis."

There are factors that aren't as clear as what the map shows, King said.

"President Obama starts with a mathematical edge and the psychological advantage of knowing he won each of the tossups last time. A different year, yes, but in most places he has veteran teams who know the states and so also know where there are weaknesses and erosion when compared to 2008. Governor Romney has less room for error - he has to win Ohio and most likely needs to win Florida, too."

What else to look for? Efforts by both campaigns to change the map, King said.

"Can, for example, Team Romney wrestle Wisconsin and/or Pennsylvania out of the 'Lean Obama' and into competitive toss-up territory? Doing so would not only give them more options on a path to 270, but also force the Dreadyemocrats to adjust travel and ad strategies some.

"And ditto for Arizona when it comes to Team Obama - if they can accelerate the progress they are making there, it could give them a potential backup state to offset a loss or losses elsewhere," King continued. "An Arizona-New Mexico-Colorado-Nevada bundle in the West, for example, would allow President Obama to survive struggles in Florida and/or Ohio. More of the chess match."

Both the Obama and Romney campaigns are spending big bucks to put up TV commercials in many of these states, with independent groups also pouring in money to run ads. Both the president and Romney have made campaign stops in many of these states, and both camps are increasing their troops there, as well.

This tends to show it will be pretty close.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 04:25:43 PM »
people already know all the negative shit about obama.

they haven't had a chance to look at romney yet.

When they do, he'll start to peel off supporters.  He'll have to say "Yes, I"m closing planned parenthood while implementing the paul ryan plan, cause I think you seniors get too much healthcare, and those making $1mil a year really need another tax cut".

When he does this, let's just say his numbers won't go UP.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 04:43:02 PM »
Remember LBJ?

Hillary is waiting in the wings to rescue the dem party from a total and catastrophic collapse that is coming, and she and Bill, along w booker, rendell, and many other dems see looming the way obama is going. 

But take comfort in your little leftist bubble, will make it all the more amusing to watch as this meltdown unfolds.     

just for kicks, - what about LBJ do you "see" that resembles the position that Obama is in right now (and I assume you're aware that Obama already has the delegates for the nomination)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2012, 05:51:31 PM »
people already know all the negative shit about obama.

they haven't had a chance to look at romney yet.

When they do, he'll start to peel off supporters.  He'll have to say "Yes, I"m closing planned parenthood while implementing the paul ryan plan, cause I think you seniors get too much healthcare, and those making $1mil a year really need another tax cut".

When he does this, let's just say his numbers won't go UP.

Do you really think you should be posting in this thread given your track record on predictions? Let's not forget how spectacularly wrong you were in 2010.  :)

Your opinion is fucking worthless. You think anyone's going to care about that if the economy falls off a cliff like it looks like it's going to? By the way, CNN acknowledged that Romney's popularity has increased nearly 18% in the last month while Obama's has fallen almost as much.

You can cry and change the subject in every thread you want but the odds are not in your God-King's favor right now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 06:06:21 PM »
Do you really think you should be posting in this thread given your track record on predictions? Let's not forget how spectacularly wrong you were in 2010.  :)

Your opinion is fucking worthless. You think anyone's going to care about that if the economy falls off a cliff like it looks like it's going to? By the way, CNN acknowledged that Romney's popularity has increased nearly 18% in the last month while Obama's has fallen almost as much.

You can cry and change the subject in every thread you want but the odds are not in your God-King's favor right now.

I got 2010 wrong, but I sure as shit saw thru the bullshit with the GOP candidates.  People here are still claiming cain never lied to them.

I dont know politics all of the time, but I can always smell a bullshitter.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 06:40:14 PM »
I got 2010 wrong, but I sure as shit saw thru the bullshit with the GOP candidates.  People here are still claiming cain never lied to them.

I dont know politics all of the time, but I can always smell a bullshitter.

You didn't see through anything. Among other things, you called that Dems would hold the house and that Scott would finish 3rd. You failed miserably. Now you're bragging about being 100% accurate in retrospect.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 07:00:33 PM »
You didn't see through anything. Among other things, you called that Dems would hold the house and that Scott would finish 3rd. You failed miserably. Now you're bragging about being 100% accurate in retrospect.  ::)

i already admitted i was wrong about 2010.

and i was very right about cain being full of shit.  and very right about zimmerman.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 07:01:42 PM »

and i was very right about cain being full of shit.  and very right about zimmerman.
He hasnt even had his trial yet. You havent been validified for shit with Zimmerman.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 07:02:32 PM »

ig FNG deal. 

what does Zimm have to do w elections? 

remember Charlie Crist ad csryln Kennedy fiasco?   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 07:27:25 PM »
He hasnt even had his trial yet. You havent been validified for shit with Zimmerman.

i knew he was a liar from sentence 1 of that 911 call.
he proved it by speaking in code about the 135k$ then immediately walking to the stand and claiming to be penniless.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 10:34:01 PM »
If the election were held today Romney would win 32 states. It could get up to 40 by November.

Looks like the morons at intrade are finally starting to wise up.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!